Melbourne Football

Week 20: Melbourne v Gold Coast United - Feb 17 - 8pm

Caddy

Had a look at GCU forum and it looks like fans are turning on fans!Apparently after Miron talking up Gol Gol Mehbratu and most of the fans thinking he was a nutter to give him a 3 year contract, he apparently turned and said on tv he was absolute crap. Apparently shut him down, he cant cross and cant hold up a ball and then he cant finish! 3 years of bleeding a club shit that Miron is the biggest joke for giving him a contract at all and them switching the blame what a back stabber.

wish we see a high scoring game in our favour. but, the reality is the team hasn't jelled together. an early goal by us might just give the guys a confidence boost. GCU have nothing to lose and will likely play for themselves with there own careers in mind, hoping to be recognised by a potential new club next season. that creates selfishness and will work against them and in our favour.

Well I'll be able to tell my grandchildren that I saw a very rare home win at AAMI Park. I just won't mention that we scraped past the GCU youth team 1-0.

Poor ball speed

Slow transition.

Poor penetration

Poor movement off the ball leaving the player with the ball with few passing options.

Poor decision making in the final third - why try to walk the ball into the net through 11 defenders? Why pass the ball into the box 1m over Terra's head when he's surrounded by defenders a whole head higher?

I know that we are missing both Mate and Sarkies but all our corners from Worm were terrible! Have we ever delivered a cross to the penalty spot? Why not just play a short corner rather than just waste the opportunity?

I could go on......

Positives? Goodwin had a good second half. Fred had flashed of good play but clearly the team was looking for 'Fred to save us' and he was closely marked by GCU. Gold Cost did well to mark Fred as they drove straight from the airport in the team bus and parked it in front of their goal. They occasionally got off to counter-attack but to be fair to them it's just the right game plan to play against a team that's playing with as little confidence as we are.

This is only our 7th ever win at AAMI, how can we build a solid supporter base above us rusted on tragics with a record like that?

Kudos to Yarraside, great support tonight:)

Edited by belaguttman

We (YS) won the game tonight. Without the final 40 mins of "we are Melbourne" they probably would have played out a 0-0 draw.

The energy in the bay was electric!!!! So exciting. The fun police came in because they thought we were going to pyro the joint. It's like we scored at goal every minute for the last 40.

Top work lads.

By the way. We got 3 points finally.

• Like 1