--------------- Bolton-----------------

---Marrone---Hamill---Goodwin---

-------------Germano----------------

--------Shroj--Fred--Sarkies-------

------------- Patterson---------------

----------Terra---Babalj--------------

Subs: Mattei, Good, Worm, Walker

Let me justify my choices:

We are playing the worst team in the league and we need something to change in order to reignite something in squad. Drop Maycon, Colosimo and Williams from the last game and elevate NYL players Patterson and Walker to see what they can add as they are both good at what they do. Patterson is a bit smaller but plays with passion and has a driven sort of mentality on the pitch, while Walker is someone who can come off the bench for either Babalj or Terra and take his chances. Goodwin keeps his spot in the team plays well with two wing backs who can move forward.

Next week is a must win obviously. But if we do win we are still in the 6. Some top teams to play after that. We should have Mate, Jason and Aziz back and the run then could be different. But yesterday there seemed to be no passion or atmosphere within the team. Worm's first touch was terrible, and Eli looks down on confidence, still trying to push through the packs. Some horrible turn overs by some players. Goodwin made runs but did not get much service, he held his own in his second game. Sydney winning did us no favours on the table regarding points. No team can afford to drop points now. Can't get much tighter on the table. The coaching staff have a big job to do this week revving the boys up for Gold Coast. Also some selection issues to motivate the lads. I thiink maybe another youth team member at least on the bench. Maybe Zac Walker to get some time up front. We need some raw passion to inspire the team.

The club needs passionate supporters in the bad times not just the good. Get along next week and rev them up. There is still a finals berth up for grabs.

Good is suspended so don't include him in your hypothetical teams...

In - Fred, Z Walker / Zahra, Sarkies

Out - Maycon, Good, Worm

Hopefully Zahra/Walker can turn it on today in the youth game against fagelaide. Give them a go next week. But @caddy I agree with your ins and outs. When Behich gets back I would like to see Goodwin on the left wing. Both those playrs would make a good attacking pair. Then Duganzic and Marrone on the right. Cannot wait to see Fred back we need him badly. Maybe Terra on the bench as Fred backup.

Back to basics after last weeks performance. Nothing flashy. Grind it out for a win.

............................BOLTON...............................

MARRONE HAMMILL COLOSSIMO GOODWIN

GERMANO.......FRED.....RIED.............SARKIES

...................BABALJ............TERRA...................

BENCH: MATTEI - SHROJ - WORM - WALKER

I don't think Zahra is quite ready yet. He was lively today in the NYL match, but still isn't 100% there I'd say.

Look at giving Z. Walker a spot, and Patterson can't be too far away. Maycon in all fairness needs to be halfway to Brazil come Friday night, so promoting a bit of youth might not be a bad thing.

Agree it's time for some more youth to be given a go. We need a win desperately this week. We win and some confidence will return in time for Mate, Hoff and Behich's return. Is the kind of thing that could re ignite our season.

Bolton

Marronne Hamill Colosimo Goodwin

Germano

Paterson Fred

Williams Babalj Terra

Subs: Mattei, Shroj, Reid, Walker

The Age suggests we will play Fred and work hard to get Thompson ready to go too.

I'm all for bringing in a NYL player or two. Maycon just isn't up to it unfortunately.

The annoying thing is that of course Zac should get that bench Striker spot – but we all know that it will go to Maycon.

I echo the feeling of those above, we cannot get a game that will be any easier to win and in the current circumstances thank Ghod it has come now.

I feel for the other Roosters if they have to be stand next me when the whistle goes this time and we have Lost/Drawn this game.

But we wont - Because "All you need is Fred!" :)

Edited by cadete

Lol at people saying they aren't going.

I'll be there. I don't really care if we win or lose. Of course I'd love to win. this year has been a massive learning curve for me. I just like being at the Impy and the terraces, hanging around with really great people, having a great time etc.

MHFC!

• Like 2

I don't think Zahra is quite ready yet. He was lively today in the NYL match, but still isn't 100% there I'd say.

Look at giving Z. Walker a spot, and Patterson can't be too far away. Maycon in all fairness needs to be halfway to Brazil come Friday night, so promoting a bit of youth might not be a bad thing.

Anyone know how Fred performed in the youth team?

He had a run, did not push himself and come off after exactly 30 minutes.

...and immediately put an ice-pack on his left groin area. I doubt that he will play against GCU. Why risk it? If we can't beat them without Fred then quite frankly we don't deserve to. Taseski is probably fitter, and we have Patterson and Blumgart from the youth team. If we just keep bringing Fred back too early we will get nothing out of him for the next two years either. He may be another Aloisi - someone we don't try to play every game. Each player needs to be managed as an individual.

...and immediately put an ice-pack on his left groin area. I doubt that he will play against GCU. Why risk it? If we can't beat them without Fred then quite frankly we don't deserve to. Taseski is probably fitter, and we have Patterson and Blumgart from the youth team. If we just keep bringing Fred back too early we will get nothing out of him for the next two years either. He may be another Aloisi - someone we don't try to play every game. Each player needs to be managed as an individual.

He did look a little proppy as he came off and he kept the groin iced till just before half time.... but he was all smiles (as usual). My thoughts are that he still did not look 100%

Edited by Torn Asunder