Melbourne Football

English Premier League 2015-16

hakz7

Although he'll bring in some unbelievable players next season which will make them even more of the favourites to win the league, the EPL will not be so easy. Just look at the money being spent by relegation-threatened sides let alone much higher placed teams. His side won't be able to win 4-0, 5-0 against such teams and they'll drop plenty of points which is unheard of in his managerial career. Bundesliga does feature quality teams with great players but they don't put all 11 players behind the ball with effective organisation and structure so it will be interesting how Man City do next season.

On 01/02/2016 at 3:17 PM, Thrillhouse said:

Get's another top job in a country where he should stroll to league titles
his challenges are as bs as cahill's chinese project
Going to be a big summer transfer window

I know what you're saying but I really don't think he's going to stroll to the title in England. He might win by 5 points if he's lucky. Maybe more in his second season if everything falls into place but I reckon the first year at the very least will be hard-fought. More likely I see quite a tough season actually, unless all the other contenders continue to implode as they have done this year.

That said, I'm hoping for great things in the near future.

I confess I’m probably not qualified to have an opinion on all of their players as I don’t watch them often enough, however of the three or four games ive seen of them since November they have been the dominant and deserving team in each of them. Individual brilliance doesn’t necessarily equate to a good squad.

Its probably irrelevant though – a ‘horrible’ squad doesn’t sit on top of the EPL in February. Ever. Period.

• Like 3

I don't watch much EPL  but I think Leicester being on top and a very real chance of winning it is more about the next 3 not producing consistent performances. Love seeing a well organized team playing for each other beating flashy big names. Still alot will happen before this is done.

On 2/3/2016 at 0:05 PM, mus-28 said:

As a lifelong Arsenal supporter, I'd rather Leicester win the League. They play the game how it should be played, go for the jugular and attack at pace. Unfortunately I think they'll run out of puff in late March and finish 4th or 5th. 

Well i thought January would (and had) marked the end for them but they are still hanging in there.

As a Liverpool supporter I'm gutted off course, but if someone else is going to win the league (and we have no chance) i hope its them.

4 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

As if it weren't already clear, today just proves that Adam Johnson is a grub. Never thought I'd feel bad for Sunderland supporters, but the way that they and the club stood by him whilst he protested his innocence only to then plead guilty must hurt a lot. Real kick in the teeth for the loyal fans.

almost got his name on the back of my Man City shirt back when he used to play for them, the guy was one of the classiest wingers in the league at the time and one of my favourite players to watch

obviously quite an ordinary person though 

20 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

As if it weren't already clear, today just proves that Adam Johnson is a grub. Never thought I'd feel bad for Sunderland supporters, but the way that they and the club stood by him whilst he protested his innocence only to then plead guilty must hurt a lot. Real kick in the teeth for the loyal fans.

Feel sorry for them?? They're still standing up for him and blaming that young lass despite him admitting it.. He's a nonce. Fuck them, horrible club with disgusting fans.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, n i k o said:

Man U game abandoned due to a suspicious package in the north west end apparently. 

Military has been involved. Must be very serious shit going on over there. 

Was a training 'bomb' left behind four days ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3591836/Manchester-United-bomb-scare-caused-security-blunder-dummy-device-left-Old-Trafford-toilet-MISTAKE.html

• Like 1

On 2/15/2016 at 4:49 PM, mus-28 said:

It pains me to say it but Tottenham look the goods to win the league, have looked a class above and seem to have a whole squad firing week in, week out. Surprising the bookies aren't really convinced.

Seems like the bookies were right after all.

The Gunners might not have the silverware, but 19 straight seasons in the Champions League...

Every Liverpool fan seems to be an expert on German footballers now. Klopp could bring in the kit man from the 5th Division and Liverpool fans would be lauding it as a great signing and would tell you they've been watching him for the past 12 months.

• Like 1

On 23 May 2016 at 9:15 AM, mus-28 said:

Every Liverpool fan seems to be an expert on German footballers now. Klopp could bring in the kit man from the 5th Division and Liverpool fans would be lauding it as a great signing and would tell you they've been watching him for the past 12 months.

Will research my 5th division kit men and get back to you. 

• Like 1