Melbourne Football

English Premier League 2015-16

hakz7

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea or Arsenal to win it... just for something different.

Shouldn't say it as an old Arsenal man, but I really would like to see an unfashionable club win it for a change, like Montpellier won the French Ligue 1 in 2011/12.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea or Arsenal to win it... just for something different.

As much as I love the PL, this is one of the things that irks me. It isn't necessarily a problem, more a feature of the league. I think strong clubs in general lift the standard of the entire league and bring in more revenue. I'm sure there are issues associated with it though.

I'd love Liverpool to win the thing, for selfish reasons (making the top four would be a reasonable target), or even Arsenal. Or just a smoky to make the top four, someone like a Southampton or god forbid Tottenham. 

Winner: Manchester City

Top 4: Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool (biased reasons lol!)

Player of the season: Coutinho 

Golden Boot: Costa (Chelsea) / Silva (Man City)

Relegated: Norwich, Watford and Manchester United :P (Nah Im kidding, would be happy if it were to happen but reality is it aint.....so Leicester)

• Like 2

New season in just over 2 weeks!!

If no one has created a fantasy league, I'll make one.

Up for doing Sportal Fantasy? They have a draft version this year which I'm pretty keen on.

EDIT: Gonna set this up for next Tuesday night, if anyone is keen and will be around a PC at the time let me know and I will send you the code.

Edited by MaliMate

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Man City

4. Arsenal

-------------

5. Tottenham

6. Everton

7. Liverpool 

8. Southampton 

9. Swansea

10. West Ham

11. Stoke

12. Crystal Palace

13. West Brom

14. Sunderland

15. Newcastle

16. Bournemouth 

17. Aston Villa

18. Norwich

19. Watford

20. Leicester 

• Like 1

ins and outs and final squads here:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/premier-league-squad-lists-your-clubs-squad-ahead-of-the-2015-2016-epl-season/story-e6frf4a3-1227431797169?sv=6bda5371fd6a525e67b0112a6af53427

The shear size of the squads got my attention.  For instance Liverpool have 53 players listed.  Strikes me that's a lot of unhappy footballers hanging around the club not playing.

ins and outs and final squads here:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/premier-league-squad-lists-your-clubs-squad-ahead-of-the-2015-2016-epl-season/story-e6frf4a3-1227431797169?sv=6bda5371fd6a525e67b0112a6af53427

The shear size of the squads got my attention.  For instance Liverpool have 53 players listed.  Strikes me that's a lot of unhappy footballers hanging around the club not playing.

a lot of those are youth players and a lot of them will probably be loaned out, plus the transfer window is still open so players like Borini and probably Balotelli will be forced out

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Man City

4. Arsenal

-------------

5. Tottenham

6. Everton

7. Liverpool 

8. Southampton 

9. Swansea

10. West Ham

11. Stoke

12. Crystal Palace

13. West Brom

14. Sunderland

15. Newcastle

16. Bournemouth 

17. Aston Villa

18. Norwich

19. Watford

20. Leicester 

I can guarantee you we will finish higher than 17th this season!