Melbourne Football
Tesla

Rocket League

Tesla    8,086

many people playing this on here? I dare say there may be given it incorporates soccer elements?

Edited by Tesla

Tesla    8,086

what is it?

PC & PS4 game. It's basically like playing soccer with cars, pretty simple idea but executed brilliantly and very much designed for multi player. That description does not do it any justice though,  pretty much all reviews are 10/10, and I can personally say I don't think I've ever had as much fun playing a game as this. Came out like 5 days ago and has blown up like possibly no other game in history, already in the top 10 most streamed games on twitch (same sort of numbers as FIFA, despite being completely unknown a week ago), etc. etc. etc.

To summarise, it's basically the GOAT game and unlike a lot of games it has something for both casual gamers (very simple to learn, 5 minute matches means you don't have to put in a lot of time, and just a really fun game) and for more serious gamers (ranked games system (I think ELO), and perfectly designed to be a huge esport (could be up there with LoL and CS:GO)).

Anyway here is a video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8-q-F_EE5Y

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Nate    2,558

it looks cool enough! will have to give it a try

would also be open to creating a forum team

Edited by Nate

Tesla    8,086

Apparently they're making the multiplayer cross platform in the future, will be really sick then. I currently have it on PC as that's what my mates play it on but if I continue to enjoy the game as much after a while i'll probably get it on PS4 as well. Would probably go better on PS4 with the controller, but mutliplayer is generally bigger on PC and I don't think this game will be an exception, so PS4 really does need the crossplatform mutliplayer.

Jimmy    3,141

Played it for a few hours tonight and it was pretty fun. It definitely gets more enjoyable very quickly as you get better at it.

Tesla    8,086

Gets old very quickly.

The main fun is if you have mates to play it with and can have a massive laugh with them regarding all the retarded shit that happens in this game.

Until they start taking the game too seriously and it ruins the fun.

Mainly just enjoy 1v1 now as it's a lot more challenging and tactical, make 1 mistake and you cop a goal straight away.

• Like 2

Embee    2,293

Going for free on PSN this week, picked it up and will give it a run this weekend.

Nate    2,558

I've only been playing a couple of hours (still can't hit the ball in the air properly tbh) but whilst it's by no means the best game ever, it's just so fun

Tesla    8,086

Might be too late, it's losing hype. Never took off as an esport which I think a lot of  people expected and so now interest is really decreasing. Still a good fun quick game. 

Nate    2,558

still playing, am now apparently an expert

still up to 100,000 people online globally at any one time, I think I prefer 2v2 over any other mode