Melbourne Football

Michael Zullo

kingofhearts

Very good signing. I'm pleased that we've addressed the biggest issue I had with the squad before last season in that we started the year without a recognized a full back on the entire list. Back four starting to look good now with some solid depth.

Edited by Jimmy

These Defensive signings should also benefit us greatly further afield as well... 

Yep. For one, we should get some proper overlap with our wingers now. 

Really also hope that it will help lift Paartalu's game as imo, he needs to lift on last year.

If Fornaroli does come, we have a forward line of Gameiro, Fornaroli and Novillo. (Kuza and Willoas fast subs to come on also). For mine it has the potential to be huge.

The only piece I am trying to work out is the midfield, which could be Paartalu, Mooy and Koren. Melling, Mauk and Retre there also. This would be the same as last year but would hopefully function better with the greater quality in front and behind them.

So if we don't get a visa keeper and Germano doesn't stay, then who would that spot go to?

• Like 3

Can't say I've heard of Zullo, but I'm glad everyone here is getting excited about it. Wikipedia says he's had 10 caps since 2009 - has he played for the Soccerroos recently, or was his last appearance a while ago?

hasn't played for the Socceroos in a while but he played in Holland for a bit and came back to the A-League and was ok 

I think everyone's just relieved we finally have a genuine left back with at least some quality

Zullo and Hughes. Extremely solid under the cap. Seriously strong back line with huge scope of playing varying set ups. Hopefully this will bring the old tactical JVS back and get rid of the pragmatic cautious one we saw last season. 

we did it

we actually have the best defense (on paper) in the league

You're right (especially the 'on paper' part), but I'm keeping this quote saved for when people are complaining about how shit our defence is after a few rounds.

Let's not forget we had the three best players in the league, on paper, at the start of last season (Villa, Koren, Duff).

#jvs

Edited by Tesla