Melbourne Football

Aaron Hughes

elieanid

Give him chance before writing him off you negative kents.

Very true, not many rated Delpierre and he was decent, and to be fair Jaliens proved me wrong. So if Hughes can be as good if not better than these 2 then I don't think its too bad. But seriously if he turns out to be another fantastic over 35 signing I will lose my shit.

Disgusted by the recruit. He used to be a favorite of mine. At Newcastle was rock solid and Mr dependable. 

Back in the early 2000''s!!!

Mr Soriano.  If we have access to these 36 scouters you most famously stated, why are we getting short changed then?

There are better, younger, more capable defenders out there than a washed up ex Premier League player. 

This just made me get pissed off at Silva10 and Faluster!!

Why? 'Wait and see' you told us, 'give CFG a chance' you told us, 'enjoy the ride' you told us...well this ride so far SUCKS!!

All I can say to you is that success will follow in time. It may not look like that now, and I can understand your frustration. However, I am confident that the team will continue to improve.

I haven't seen anything of Hughes in the last couple of seasons, so I will reserve judgement on him.

• Like 1

All I can say to you is that success will follow in time. It may not look like that now, and I can understand your frustration. However, I am confident that the team will continue to improve.

I haven't seen anything of Hughes in the last couple of seasons, so I will reserve judgement on him.

I'm still waiting for the ride Silva. And agree with red or dead its a damn shit ride.

I find it hard to get excited about 30-something signings on 1 year deals.

One question about signing an experienced Visa CB is: aren't we back where we were last season, with Kisnorbo, Chapman and Wielaert? Either we bench our captain or a Visa player, or we have 2 not-too-quick 30-something CBs. In short, why isn't Hughes another Wielaert?

The only reason to think this time will be different IMO is that we'll have 2 proper full-backs this time, and probably a pretty good keeper, whereas last time Kisnorbo and Wielaert had to babysit 2 makeshift full-backs--and also have an iffy keeper behind them--which led to their lack of pace being exposed time and time again. Hopefully with a better defence around them Kisnorbo and Hughes will have a chance to show their defensive class, like Delpierre at victory and Zwaanswijk at Central Coast at few seasons back (who had a very solid defence around him).

I hope Hughes proves to be a top signing, how bad can a current North Ireland international with 400+ Premier League games experience be? But I'm weary that he'll be another too old signing who either breaks down mid-way through the season or doesn't have enough gas left in the tank to perform at a good level.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 2

It seems like we pull at least one of these signings every season, and every time there seems to be the usual suspects defending it. 

Willing to put coin on him spending the majority of the season either injured, or just being a genuine shit cunt.

* Inb4 "But JVS doesnt have a good squad"

Well we were desperate for a 3rd centre back & Hughes is the club's choice. A surprising choice granted, but now I'll just wait & see what happens. 

This plus he has played as a Full Back before so you would think he could do so if called upon in the A-League... better have this bloke filling postions than when PPL on here were trying to make shit like Hoffman had succeeded at being a Full Back.