Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

54 minutes ago, SF33 said:

So, he's been playing competitive football for us since - from memory August (?) and the first skinfolds test he fails is in late November and it's the club's fault because they either:

• didn't look after his fitness during his rehab
  • set him a terrible diet which caused his body fat to go up, because Bruno would of course, follow these instructions to the letter (unlike, say, instructions to be at the airport to travel to Brisbane); or
  • some combination of the two, doesn't matter, as long as Bruno isn't blamed whatsoever #joyceout.

Personally, I'm inclined to surmise that a guy that doesn't feel compelled to join his team for an interstate trip when he's been named in the squad may also be the type of player who may not be the most diligent when it comes to training and diet.

So you've gone from the Sydney link, to skin folds now to the interstate trip? 

You're showing by the post that you're a deluded City official. 

No wonder football what it is in this country. Juniors walking away in droves with numpties like you around. 

12 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Bruno with a tidy rib tickler. Hmmm i think this tells more of the story than has been mentioned before by joyce or anyone.

Very interesting!! 

I don't think many players will be lining up to sign for city with more of this crap coming out. 

You've heard Kilkenny come out and take pot shots at Joyce post game interviews. It's all starting to unravel 

10 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

No wonder football what it is in this country. Juniors walking away in droves with numpties like you around. 

Well, the skinfolds/interstate trip are obviously related (i.e. Fornaroli was dropped due to not meeting the coach's requirements and subsequently skipped the Brisbane trip) and for those who believe the reports regarding an aborted move to Sydney, that's probably not a coincidence either.

I've been a member of the club since the third season. Besides that, I haven't had any official involvement in the game whatsoever since I gave it away in favour of other sporting codes in under 9s. If I'm the direct cause for a drop in junior participation rates, I have to profusely apologise.

33 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

14 minutes ago, SF33 said:

Well, the skinfolds/interstate trip are obviously related (i.e. Fornaroli was dropped due to not meeting the coach's requirements and subsequently skipped the Brisbane trip) and for those who believe the reports regarding an aborted move to Sydney, that's probably not a coincidence either.

I've been a member of the club since the third season. Besides that, I haven't had any official involvement in the game whatsoever since I gave it away in favour of other sporting codes in under 9s. If I'm the direct cause for a drop in junior participation rates, I have to profusely apologise.

I do thoroughly enjoy that anyone with a different opinion is labelled as 

Image result for channel 7 the mole

54 minutes ago, Bob Latchford said:

I do thoroughly enjoy that anyone with a different opinion is labelled as 

Image result for channel 7 the mole

Yeah, nah. I'm personally over the whole argument. We'll never know. Let's just move on. Ship him out, get someone else in, or else kiss and make up. We've got a grumpy sergeant major as manager, that's his style. Some will thrive, some won't. But the high ups clearly think some spine needed to be inserted and Wazza is the mechanism for insertion. It's not pretty but right now we're winning matches we'd previously have lost. Of the next five matches, only Perth should be considered anything less than three points. Grind those out and we'll be well placed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SF33 said:

Fornaroli was dropped due to not meeting the coach's requirements and subsequently skipped the Brisbane trip

Because the coaches requirements SUCK.

Wazza just didn't want Bruno as a spearhead because of whatever reason, but rather have pace bunnies running up and down the field.

So he has basically set up a team to minimise damage inflicted by good sides and hopefully battle out a draw and/or get a win from an opposition stuff up, and focus on winning against the bottom 4 teams.

Therefore we find ourselves in this position, which is flattering tbh, but still we are a mediocre team with no real attacking creativity.

Between 4th and 7th is where we belong atm where with an x-factor striker like Bruno, top 3 is realistic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

Bruno with a tidy rib tickler. Hmmm i think this tells more of the story than has been mentioned before by joyce or anyone.

Lol, isn't Caceres of Uruguayan descent?

Of course Bruno would have gravitated towards him.

Absolutely nothing to see here whatsoever.

Besides, Caceres had two chances at city and fluffed both of them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rass said:

Lol, isn't Caceres of Uruguayan descent?

Of course Bruno would have gravitated towards him.

Absolutely nothing to see here whatsoever.

Besides, Caceres had two chances at city and fluffed both of them.

Of Uruguayan descent and even served as an in-house translator for David Villa in his short stay in Melbourne. Given Fornaroli's limited (to put it kindly) English skills, in his first couple of seasond, it's not hard to see that they would have become close.

I think Bruno is hurting a lot with the whole situation. Think about it, he's played for 8 clubs and ha's only been successful one (a good season with nacional too). He is arguably our best ever player, club legend and led us to our only piece of silverware. On top of that he was stripped of the captaincy. He loves the club, the fans and the country, I can't blame him for kicking up a fuss.

The reality is Joyce is in charge and he currently holds the best record as a manager for our club. He isn't going anywhere and there will be no truce. Bruno should be wished well, even if he goes to Sydney FC and we need to move one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HeartFc said:

I think Bruno is hurting a lot with the whole situation. Think about it, he's played for 8 clubs and ha's only been successful one (a good season with nacional too). He is arguably our best ever player, club legend and led us to our only piece of silverware. On top of that he was stripped of the captaincy. He loves the club, the fans and the country, I can't blame him for kicking up a fuss.

The reality is Joyce is in charge and he currently holds the best record as a manager for our club. He isn't going anywhere and there will be no truce. Bruno should be wished well, even if he goes to Sydney FC and we need to move one.

He cant even go to Sydney FC anymore thank fuck unless they get rid of Ninkovic or Le Fondre.. cant see that happening.. unless somehow they fit him under the cap lol 

23 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Just saw Bruno:

Me: Bruno can l get a photo?

Bruno: Of course

Me: When you going to start playing for us?

Bruno: I don't know

Me: Fucken hell man

Bruno: l know. It's hard for me too man

Me: Whatever happens best of luck

Bruno: Thank you

Very gracious from Bruno even though even though he is being treated in this way.

Very sad for him and us.

I spoke to Bruno today as well.

Me: Hey Bruno, hows things?

Bruno: Not bad, just had this smelly bloke named tony try dry hump my leg.

Me: Don't worry Bruno, not all fans are this poor with person hygiene 

Bruno: Thanks mate and Wazza out!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Habitual said:

I spoke to Bruno today as well.

Me: Hey Bruno, hows things?

Bruno: Not bad, just had this smelly bloke named tony try dry hump my leg.

Me: Don't worry Bruno, not all fans are this poor with person hygiene 

Bruno: Thanks mate and Wazza out!

That's the best you can come up with fagget?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

There's an awful lot of teams circling for a player who is supposedly fat, lazy and out of form: Perth, smurfs and Pissants. I just don't buy the fat and lazy stories, obviously neither do others

Unfit, skinfolds, run in with ol mate wazza, unprofessional, missed a flight to brisbane, ate too many Dulce De Leche desert's, took advantage of the maccas sponsorship offers. Balance the books I say. Yoof promotion yet chasing a 32yo Irish striker 🤔😲

Edited by AntiScum

37 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Unfit, skinfolds, run in with ol mate wazza, unprofessional, missed a flight to brisbane, ate too many Dulce De Leche desert's, took advantage of the maccas sponsorship offers. Balance the books I say. Yoof promotion yet chasing a 32yo Irish striker 🤔😲

I’m confused what side you are on? Backing Bruno or Wazza?

26 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I’m confused what side you are on? Backing Bruno or Wazza?

Backing Bruno as something doesnt add up!

Its about the supporters not a stalemate of a stubborn pom without people skills vs a star striker!!

Without the people the club/game is nothing .................

• 1 month later...

https://amp.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/bruno-fornaroli-earning-a-fortune-to-play-for-melbourne-city/news-story/314e767b3806b4df992e5fe223e2ceaf?__twitter_impression=true 

Bruno Fornaroli earning a fortune to play for Melbourne City
David Davutovic, Herald Sun
February 25, 2019 5:10pm
Subscriber only

He is the most expensive train-on player in Australian football history, with no resolution in sight in Bruno Fornaroli’s bitter fallout with Melbourne City.

Exiled Fornaroli is earning $23,000 a week to merely train, with the prospect of pocketing another $250,000 minimum in bonuses before departing at the end of the season.

Fox Sports pundit John Kosmina called for common sense to prevail and for City’s record goalscorer to be reinstated.

It’s believed negotiations over a contract termination have stalled, with a furious Fornaroli digging in his heels by refusing a lesser payout offer.
No wonder Fornaroli enjoys training so much. (Michael Dodge/Getty Images)

The Uruguayan sought a release to Perth Glory in the January transfer window after agreeing to join the club next season, but City officials blocked the move.

City chiefs are standing their ground, backing coach Warren Joyce despite Fornaroli’s marquee contract understood to have big bonuses attached to his $1.2 million base salary, including six-figure sums for City making the finals, qualifying for the Asian Champions League and winning the title.
What could Fornaroli do for City’s title hopes? (AAP Image/Hamish Blair)

“How much is enough punishment? It’s ridiculous, gone past all boundaries. It’s proved its point,’’ Kosmina said.

“It has gone on long enough because it’s punishing everybody — the club and the league. Everyone could come out of this smelling a whole lot better if everyone decided to move on and get the football sorted.

“Bruno Fornaroli is hard work to manage — I don’t mean to be disrespectful. He’s almost in that category of a temperamental genius.

“The club maybe need to consider an olive branch. But the other side is that Bruno needs to show a bit of remorse because he broke an agreement.
Kosmina believes Fornaroli is getting away with murder. (Ashley Feder/Getty Images)

“He hasn’t quite been the same player since the (ankle) injury. He played a few games and scored typical Fornaroli goal (in his last game for City).

“Culture is a word that people hide behind. We’ve got a great culture so we’re successful, bad culture so we’re not. Some schmuck realised he can make a bucketload of money doing leadership seminars.

“It’s the age of entitlement of the pro footballer and football’s a business. Unfortunately it’s more about the business than anything these days.”

Joyce has refused to divulge the reasons behind the fallout, but it’s understood high skinfold levels prompted his axing.

While Socceroo Jamie Maclaren has scored three goals in his first three games for City, Ned Zelic said on Fox Sports’ Shoot-out that they missed Fornaroli’s x-factor.

“You’re missing one that can unlock defences. Fornaroli’s the guy that in that final third can dismantle that deep structure,’’ Zelic said.

“When the opposition sets up a good defensive block, (City) have huge issues.

“Every player needs to think automatically what am I trying to achieve with this pass and what can (he) do with the ball.”

WHAT $23,000 CAN GET YOU

— New Hyundai i30

— Family holiday to New York (Premium economy return + four nights stay at 5-star hotel for four people)

— Round-the-world cruise (106 nights) with Sea Princess (Princess Cruises)

— A ticket to Vanity Fair Oscar’s Afterparty ticket

— Motorcycle-themed Las Vegas Beach Party package for 10, including table service from leather bikini-clad models on real Harleys

— Fully furnished safari-style tent for four people in exclusive area at Coachella Music Festival

Edited by JMSTEP123

Where is the part about the city members and supporters that are suffering due to the idiocy.

Not one mention of us and how CFG has destroyed any hope of being successful this season or witnessing one of the greatest players ever to play in our team.

This club is a joke, and I am so happy Bruno is burning their pockets and sticking it up to wazza.

I hope every training session Bruno is asking Wazza 10 to 20 times, 'What do you want me to do now Gaffa, I really want to play the next game' so Wazza finally snaps and Bruno can sue for bullying in the workplace. It would be the icing on the cake.

Wazza should just pack up and leave as he has lost everyone.

#JoyceOut

#DrainTheSwamp

46 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Where is the part about the city members and supporters that are suffering due to the idiocy.

Not one mention of us and how CFG has destroyed any hope of being successful this season or witnessing one of the greatest players ever to play in our team.

This club is a joke, and I am so happy Bruno is burning their pockets and sticking it up to wazza.

I hope every training session Bruno is asking Wazza 10 to 20 times, 'What do you want me to do now Gaffa, I really want to play the next game' so Wazza finally snaps and Bruno can sue for bullying in the workplace. It would be the icing on the cake.

Wazza should just pack up and leave as he has lost everyone.

#JoyceOut

#DrainTheSwamp

Yep, unfortunately nobody cares about you.

Literally. 

• Like 1

• jw1739 locked this topic