Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Half the players to ever play here lived in that tower.

I think its the top level players who get put up there.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Won't be "dodgy" in any respect. CFG isn't stupid enough to do that sort of thing.

I'm sure its mate's rates for renting

1 hour ago, strider said:

was pretty average tbh. needs a novillo next to him

99 times out of 100 would have scored from that Brattan cross. Moss pulled that one out of his clacker. He will be extremley tightly marked this season.  Cahill for golden boot.

• 2 weeks later...

Bruno Fornaroli says Melbourne City can build on impressive derby demolition

MATT WINDLEY, Herald Sun

October 16, 2016 

MELBOURNE City captain Bruno Fornaroli says his side’s 4-1 derby demolition of Melbourne Victory is only the ­beginning of what it can achieve this season.

But Fornaroli and Socceroos superstar Tim Cahill urged their teammates not to become distracted by talk the team was on track to deliver City a maiden A-League title, saying Friday night’s visit of Perth is all they should be thinking about.

After a first-up 1-0 victory against Wellington, City has won its first two games of the season for the first time in the club’s history.

It sets up a mouth-watering clash with fellow title fancy Glory at AAMI Park this week in what will be Cahill’s first A-League home game for the club since making his much-publicised move to Melbourne in August.

City bullied Victory from start to finish at Etihad Stadium on Saturday night.

Cahill’s 35m wonder volley in the 27th minute was followed soon after by a goal from Fornaroli.

In the second half Luke Brattan and Fernando Brandan scored either side of Marco Rojas’ consolation effort for Victory.

Fornaroli said he was happy with City’s early-season form.

“It’s very important to start like this,” Fornaroli said.

“I think we had more than one captain on the pitch. Everyone around was fighting (hard), everyone put their heart on the pitch.

“If we want to continue like this then we need to work hard. OK, we win a massive game, a derby. But we start now.”

Cahill said it was “evident” City was on the verge of something special.

“But the good thing now is that people are going to be concentrating on and writing about our football,” he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/bruno-fornaroli-says-melbourne-city-can-build-on-impressive-derby-demolition/news-story/c8580e6a0c0510d0f6b6ffc3f47d195c

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly we've become so used to what he does that it's easy to forget just how good this bloke is. Another two goals last night, a lovely diving header and a world class volley, taking him to 31 goals in 35 A League appearances. We are seriously so fortunate in that we get to witness this bloke play every week. As frustrating as it can be to be a fan of this club at times, this bloke makes it all worth it. I would pay the entry fee just to watch him alone. We will not see a striker so dominant in this league for a long time. We are not worthy

Edited by GreenSeater
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, GreenSeater said:

Honestly we've become so used to what he does that it's easy to forget just how good this bloke is. Another two goals last night, a lovely diving header and a world class volley, taking him to 31 goals in 35 A League appearances. We are seriously so fortunate in that we get to witness this bloke play every week. As frustrating as it can be to be a fan of this club at times, this bloke makes it all worth it. I would pay the entry fee just to watch him alone. We will not see a striker so dominant in this league for a long time. We are not worthy

Hope to god his kids have developed the deepest bond with their friends and his wife has started a business here or something so he never leaves. 

Two amazing goals and another great game from this beast. Definitely a privilege to have him.

... but as I've said before and whacked for too; would score 40 goals a season if he actually used his left. Everyone's crapping on about how they should have won 3-2, but no-one has said anything about the absolute sitter he missed for his hatrick directly after his second last night. Well he didn't miss it, he didn't even get a shot off where he was one-on-one with the keeper running into goal. Same thing at the end of last weeks game at 0-1, running into the box one-on-one and decided to prop back onto his right and lost the ball.

This happens at least once a game.

I guess it's why he is here and not still in Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rass said:

Two amazing goals and another great game from this beast. Definitely a privilege to have him.

... but as I've said before and whacked for too; would score 40 goals a season if he actually used his left. Everyone's crapping on about how they should have won 3-2, but no-one has said anything about the absolute sitter he missed for his hatrick directly after his second last night. Well he didn't miss it, he didn't even get a shot off where he was one-on-one with the keeper running into goal. Same thing at the end of last weeks game at 0-1, running into the box one-on-one and decided to prop back onto his right and lost the ball.

This happens at least once a game.

I guess it's why he is here and not still in Europe.

Yes, I'd agree that there are a couple of chances this season that he should probably have put away, but I've had the thought that perhaps this season he's feeling a little more responsibility and that he's trying to make sure he scores and therefore delaying his shot that fraction too long? I think the whole team looks conscious of the need to get that third goal and is choking in the final third as a result. Caceres, Kilkenny and Retre were all guilty of the same thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/video/fornaroli-reaction--city-v-jets/1qk9lcb4ns37z1gfqh7mgda05z

such a nice heartwarming interview

turns out the eye celebration he does is for his wife who always looks out for him

I didn't think it was possible, but I somehow have even more respect for this bloke now. A genuine fantastic person as well as a brilliant player

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:05 PM, jeffplz said:

He's only 3 league goals away from beating Berisha's goal tally for the scum. In less than half the time, and almost half the amount of games. Absolute legend

and how many of his come from pens.

2 minutes ago, Jestr said:

The club shown there is the player's last A-League club, whereas the goals scored is his total in the A-League. For example, Hernandez is shown as Wellington Phoenix, when most of his goals were scored for Victory.

The best place to look is transfermarkt.co.uk

• Like 1

Watching the replay of last nights piece of silverware, let me just say fuck I love this bloke as a leader of men.

Just rewatched his spray of Zullo five times (60 min or so in), what an awesome bloke (jaw kept dropping with awe).  epitomizes what it means to actually bleed for your team thick and thin.

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 3

Surely he was better off going with the angle that he didn't fully understand the impact of the word. I have no doubt the F bomb would be dropped regularly at training. When that is 90% of your interaction with English speakers, I doubt the implication of such a word would be fully understood.

The Vamos defence seems kind of tenuous at best, as I assume he would be unlikely get a foreign word mixed up with his mother tongue. But what do I know, I am but a monolingual pleb.

• jw1739 locked this topic