Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

42 minutes ago, neio said:

This sucks it really does, but let's make this into a celebration of Bruno rather than going around in circles of what if

2 simple questions 

What is your favourite Bruno goal? 

What is Bruno best goal? 

For me my favourite goal of his is against Victory, the rabona to Caceras and then the chip over Vukovic 

His best goal I think was against WSW in that game we lost 4-3, outside the box lob with curl into top corner 

His overhead V Perth right infront of my eyes. Blew my mind.

Most memorable was about 4th minute V Heidelberg in FFA Cup. My first ever live City game. Once again, right infront of my eyes. Here is someone to watch I thought.

His last goal was such a good one because it had been so long between goals. It got me so excited for another season of magnificence - what could have been hey...

I have seen every live goal at home since he begun. That feeling of walking to the game knowing you could witness the spectacular is what I will miss so much.

Edited by JMSTEP123
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, neio said:

This sucks it really does, but let's make this into a celebration of Bruno rather than going around in circles of what if

2 simple questions 

What is your favourite Bruno goal? 

What is Bruno best goal? 

For me my favourite goal of his is against Victory, the rabona to Caceras and then the chip over Vukovic 

His best goal I think was against WSW in that game we lost 4-3, outside the box lob with curl into top corner 

What about his one?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bt50 said:

Will be an unpopular opinion but anyways here goes;

I actually don't feel sorry for him at all, but i feel sorry for the fans.

We've been jibbed.

But based on what i know and the other bits and pieces, he made his own bed. Did the club handle it poorly? Abso-fucking-lutely, but he's still a long way from innocent in the whole saga.

Sad because we needed a hero, and we ended up with nothing.

It might be a shade unpopular but it's a realistic opinion. Players, managers, coaches, staff...all come and go from football clubs all the time, some as heroes, others acrimoniously. Everyone knows there are always at least two parties involved in any difference of opinion. So it would be very unusual if the fault lay entirely with only one party.

I think what's counting against the club here is:
- several other popular senior players had already left the club under the Joyce regime;
- many fans were already disappointed with the team's performance so far this season;
- Bruno's undoubted popularity with the fans;
- the club did not have its act together on what to say if questioned about Bruno's suspension, and still doesn't;
- by remaining silent the club appears to be stubbornly hiding something.

Handled correctly it would have still been a sad farewell. As it is, it is a massive PR failure and has provoked a good deal of anger amongst the fans.

• Like 3

When Cahill left I had the unpopular opinion that it showed the club couldn’t handle conflict.

That has been proven in spades since.

I can easily accept that Bruno did something that required disciplining. But was it something so bad he could never ever take the field again? Really?

In addition what I can’t accept is that in the space of 2 years we have about 6 senior professionals who it seems the only solution to their behaviour was to show them the door. These players had no problems at their other clubs.

Suggests the real problem is our club- presumably the gaffer. He’s supposed to be the manager but clearly can’t manage a group of grown men. 

The next question is surely we did our research on him before we hired him? Based on the results that seems unlikely.

• Like 3

So over all this shit. Our clubs a joke and they have no care for fans. Run as many events as ya like it doesn't paper over the 4 years of contempt for us (I paid for my parma btw after being told the food would be post interviews) 

Dunno why I bother. On another note I'm taking my nephew to his first game Sunday night looking forward to spreading this misery. 

13 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

Just like to thank my tuna and wish him all the very best and thanks for memories. Champion player and champion bloke. Will be sorely missed. 

Interesting to see this tribute from the head of our academy:
"joepala10

A Champion footballer and a Champion person on and off the pitch. It was privilege to know you and coach you. Thank you for all the magic you gave us. I look forward to the next phase of your career, good luck my friend."

8 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

On another note I'm taking my nephew to his first game Sunday night looking forward to spreading this misery. 

WTF did he do to you. 

My teenage nephew came with me every home game from season 2 of Heart that I went to and just recently he has found reasons to not come. 

I have since found out he has been going to Tard matches with mates. 

Sad thing is I'm happy for him. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Interesting to see this tribute from the head of our academy:
"joepala10

A Champion footballer and a Champion person on and off the pitch. It was privilege to know you and coach you. Thank you for all the magic you gave us. I look forward to the next phase of your career, good luck my friend."

I'm sure Bruno was loved by all at the club except for one. I know he trained a fair bit with the youth and made a big impression on players and staff. 

• Like 1

Heres hoping this comment by Bratts is more cryptic than people assume.

Whatever the case, sad fucking times at city. Fuck Warren Joyce I absolutely despise that he is still at the club. He has lost all the supporters and the negativity and pressure on the club has reached crisis point. Something has to be done and quick. We cannot waste any more time - the club has fucked itself enough.

Screenshot_20190227-223930_Instagram.jpg

9 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Heres hoping this comment by Bratts is more cryptic than people assume.

Whatever the case, sad fucking times at city. Fuck Warren Joyce I absolutely despise that he is still at the club. He has lost all the supporters and the negativity and pressure on the club has reached crisis point. Something has to be done and quick. We cannot waste any more time - the club has fucked itself enough.

Screenshot_20190227-223930_Instagram.jpg

Pretty sure this is just banter they have about Bruno’s english not being great

If you continue to follow this corporation you should be comfortable by now with how things are done under cfg regime  

In my opinion their management and business kpi’s do not align with words which are basic principles of grass root football  “team” & “club”

simply grazing ground for potential talent to be shipped off to markets where cfg are going to make profits  

we can and do argue that success on field means positive exposure for the club= more fans= more talent attracted to the club= more desire to be part of the club= More positive exposure for the brand= more profits etc etc 

All this isn’t important to them  even if our membership grew to 40k it would represent small change compared to multimillion contracts that could be attained for selling our best talent  

Bruno was never going to “make them richer” too old, not good enough to go to epl...... but he was perfectly suited for us the fans  he put bums on the seats, kids love him, he scored for fun (penalties excluded) won plenty of games and most of all HE had built engagement with fans  

I’m sick of city group treating us and the a league like a back water crappy dung covered paddock. 

I refuse to be like a frog in a slowly boiling pot. Time to go

Thanks Bruno it was pleasure watching you score

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BREAKING NEWS: Fornaroli a Warrior?

By Janakan Seemampillai 

Former Melbourne City super star Bruno Fornaroli is considering an offer to play for NPL2 club North Geelong Warriors for part of the 2019 season. The Uruguayan striker left City last month after a falling out with coach Warren Joyce.

Fornaroli is keen to remain in the A League with Perth Glory and new club Western United thought to be front runners for next season. But for now he needs a club to keep the fitness levels up. He has scored 48 goals in 70 games for City and was a member of the 2016 FFA cup winning team, where he won the Mark Vidula Medal. 

The Warriors are one of the favourites for promotion in 2019 and a player of Fornaroli‘s class would be a huge boost for the club. Warrior’s President John Didulica has a good friendship with the star forward and his connections may help get the deal over the line. 

There are plenty of hurdles to overcome before the deal is finalised, but it’s a mouthwatering prospect for Geelong football which will have its first ever A League club when Western United join for the 2019/20 season. 

The Warriors need sponsors to help fund such a signing but there is no doubt Fornaroli could bring in huge crowds to NPL games. 

Fornaroli is keen to get back to enjoying his football and running around Elcho Park amongst a passionate fanbase may be just what the 2015/16 A League Golden Boot may need. 

The Warriors are working hard behind the scenes to make this happen, with an announcement to be made as soon as the deal is finalised. 

PHOTO: Bruno Fornaroli may be on his way to Elcho Park. Photo care of Tracey Nearmy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, citypool said:

BREAKING NEWS: Fornaroli a Warrior?

By Janakan Seemampillai 

Former Melbourne City super star Bruno Fornaroli is considering an offer to play for NPL2 club North Geelong Warriors for part of the 2019 season. The Uruguayan striker left City last month after a falling out with coach Warren Joyce.

Fornaroli is keen to remain in the A League with Perth Glory and new club Western United thought to be front runners for next season. But for now he needs a club to keep the fitness levels up. He has scored 48 goals in 70 games for City and was a member of the 2016 FFA cup winning team, where he won the Mark Vidula Medal. 

The Warriors are one of the favourites for promotion in 2019 and a player of Fornaroli‘s class would be a huge boost for the club. Warrior’s President John Didulica has a good friendship with the star forward and his connections may help get the deal over the line. 

There are plenty of hurdles to overcome before the deal is finalised, but it’s a mouthwatering prospect for Geelong football which will have its first ever A League club when Western United join for the 2019/20 season. 

The Warriors need sponsors to help fund such a signing but there is no doubt Fornaroli could bring in huge crowds to NPL games. 

Fornaroli is keen to get back to enjoying his football and running around Elcho Park amongst a passionate fanbase may be just what the 2015/16 A League Golden Boot may need. 

The Warriors are working hard behind the scenes to make this happen, with an announcement to be made as soon as the deal is finalised. 

PHOTO: Bruno Fornaroli may be on his way to Elcho Park. Photo care of Tracey Nearmy.

It may not happen but I imagine Warriors are deadly serious. Great for me. Their ground is a stone's throw from my house and they are already my winter club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

It may not happen but I imagine Warriors are deadly serious. Great for me. Their ground is a stone's throw from my house and they are already my winter club. 

The Didulica connection is a plus. Bruno made special mention of JD's help to facilitate his exit from City.

51 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The Didulica connection is a plus. Bruno made special mention of JD's help to facilitate his exit from City.

Would also perhaps point to Western United being in the mix for his signature. The Warriors ground is mid way between Geelong and Tarneit. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 8:38 AM, Tony999 said:

Hope he does well just please don't go Western Melbourne. It would kill me to see him play for another Melbourne team where instead he should've really been playing for us.

90% chance he will end up at Western Melbourne. Didulica is best mates with Horvath and he doesnt want to leave Melbourne as him and his family love it here and are settled

8 minutes ago, Originalmeme said:

agreed, perth will be unstoppable if they retain their core (keogh, castro, ikon, spira, kilkenny).  I think could be the best team the league has seen

Well that’s the big if with the Aleague. Once you win something the players start (and rightly) asking for more money and then the cap comes into play

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Originalmeme said:

agreed, perth will be unstoppable if they retain their core (keogh, castro, ikon, spira, kilkenny).  I think could be the best team the league has seen

Who do they have coming out of contract?

Keogh has already re-signed for a further season. If Fornaroli joins them presumably he'll be a marquee, so the cap won't come into play but both marquee places will have been taken (Castro and Fornaroli). 

They may find it difficult to keep everyone happy.

• jw1739 locked this topic