Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

Well just sat down and fired up Twitter.

Summary:

Shit storm.

This club will struggle to recuperate from this.

Big damage being done.

I think CFG should just give up and sell the club or the FFA should revoke their licence for bringing the franchise into disrepute.

On a personal note, I have been told in no uncertain terms that none of my family or regular attendees will come to games again this season.

Well their goes my membership I suppose.

Fuck this club. What a shambles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Leave the active bay empty on Sunday, just place some banners with #CFG Out on there.

It's pretty much empty already. Lol.

If nothing is done then as supporters we can only blame ourselves and deserve all the fucked up decisions. 

I am borderline on not attending another game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Leave the active bay empty on Sunday, just place some banners with #CFG Out on there.

I like it, but as they dont like democracy at aami park it might be better to use the streamers wrapped around seats to make the words JOYCEOUT. They dont mind the streamers. Also city terrace can shuffle down the other end and chant the Joyce out chants, might also get a few more join the terrace by taking it down that end

Edited by HeartOfCity
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jovan said:

If nothing is done then as supporters we can only blame ourselves and deserve all the fucked up decisions. 

Yeah but it’s about getting it on TV a banner and no fans are harmful for the CFG brand. 

What will boycotting achieve? That way our voices won't be heard at all. Screw banners as they will be confiscated in a heart beat. I say we chant "Joyce Out" as loud as we can. His name is shit as well I can't even think of a proper chant that will sound good with his name in it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

What will boycotting achieve? That way our voices won't be heard at all. Screw banners as they will be confiscated in a heart beat. I say we chant "Joyce Out" as loud as we can. His name is shit as well I can't even think of a proper chant that will sound good with his name in it.

Well both will do it. Empty bay for TV and media plus fans chanting in the stadium.

In Europe we all bring a white napkin to wave at the coach if we want him gone.

Edited by Mr MO

42 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Well both will do it. Empty bay for TV and media plus fans chanting in the stadium.

In Europe we all bring a white napkin to wave at the coach if we want him gone.

Empty stadiums affects the players not CFG. CFG have enough money. I prefer to support the players who had nothing to do with this and chant against Wazza.

12 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Empty stadiums affects the players not CFG. CFG have enough money. I prefer to support the players who had nothing to do with this and chant against Wazza.

How do you mean? You can still go to the ground but keep the active bay empty, just sit around it.

Trust me empty bays and bad visual publicity hurt CFG more than 100 people shouting Wazza out.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, HEARTinator said:

Web site says:

"Melbourne City FC and Bruno Fornaroli have mutually agreed that Bruno will depart the Club, effective immediately.

Bruno joined Melbourne City from Uruguayan side, Danubio in 2015, and scored on his debut in an FFA Cup match against Wellington Phoenix, going on to win the Golden Boot in the 2015-16 season.

The following year, Bruno went on to captain the side in its first trophy success – the 2016 FFA Cup.

Over four seasons with Melbourne City, Bruno registered 57 goals in all competitions.

The Club thanks Bruno for his contribution over the last three and a half years with Melbourne City and wishes him the best for the future."

I'm confident that is the exact template Football Manager uses when you sell a player. Completely impersonal. 

Sad day for the supporters.

Btw I'd suggest the reason he is gone now is for two reasons, 1) as pointed out by others it's too late for him to sign for anyone else, 2) we can avoid paying him any bonuses he is entitled to if we make finals/ACL/Grand Final etc. 

The truth will come out eventually. They can't have everyone who's been in the squad this season sign confidentiality agreements and stick to them. Once Joyce goes players will happily leak the truth, without fear of being scrapheaped like Bruno, Cahill, Kilkenny, etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jovan said:

It's a very difficult time for supporters, both as individuals and collectively. City appears to be prepared to antagonise everyone connected to the club to achieve what it has set out to achieve - and I for one no longer know what that is.

I'm reluctant to do so, but I'm questioning whether I can continue my support for an organization that behaves in the way it has to Bruno.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

It's a very difficult time for supporters, both as individuals and collectively. City appears to be prepared to antagonise everyone connected to the club to achieve what it has set out to achieve - and I for one no longer know what that is.

I'm reluctant to do so, but I'm questioning whether I can continue my support for an organization that behaves in the way it has to Bruno.

It also doesnt help that we have a small and seemingly apathetic supporter base. Sure, there is talk about protests etc but tbh not much in terms of real action. Of course I am part of the problem too I havent done much besides send an email and cancel the membership

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

It also doesnt help that we have a small and seemingly apathetic supporter base. Sure, there is talk about protests etc but tbh not much in terms of real action. Of course I am part of the problem too I havent done much besides send an email and cancel the membership

But it's all you can do. The club/FFA/AAMI Park will suppress any demonstration at the ground (we've seen that before), you will almost certainly be thrown out of CFA as a trespasser if you protest there, and so on and so forth.

We're all the same as you are. We appear to be powerless unless we can enlist the media on our side.

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Agreed. my son told me again last night he doesn't like City now so doesn't want to go to matches from now on (he told me this for the first time on Saturday, giving the reasoning 'they're not fun like Victory'. I've told my wife to look into adoption options.), which made me think about it and I'm sadly at the point where I don't think I actually even like the 'club' anymore. Between the way this dogs breakfast has been handled, the 'return on investment' attitude towards player recruitment, our terrible playing style and the closed shop mentality displayed by those in charge it is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain my enthusiasm for supporting this organisation as I can't see what the point is. First time I've ever had this attitude towards a club I support - and I follow Port Adelaide in the AFL and Newcastle in the EPL so that's saying something.

Will miss Bruno, happy I got to see his last appearance & goal for the club, he's provided a lot of great moments at AAMI park and I honestly believe we won't see someone who brought what he did on the pitch for us for some time. Now looking forward to the inevitable moment at AAMI Park next season when Kilkenny puts Bruno through in the 83rd minute to seal his hat trick and give Glory their third win over us in the season....

• Like 6

Like everyone I'm really pissed off with the Bruno announcement. Now I basically knew after 2 or 3 weeks Bruno was unlikely to play everv again. A player should never be bigger than the club/coach but as long as he was still contracted I hang onto the glimmer of hope a compromise would be found. 

Then I thought okay he is gone lets move him on it's not helping anyone and I really thought in January this would happen but as January went on and no change, maybe there was hope. We then signed Maclaren on deadline which atleast gave us some hope as we no longer were playing a RB as striker but still the Bruno issue remained. 

Now they announce him gone and still no actual reason why. This has to be the most annoying aspect of the whole saga. Nobody knows why we have lost our greatest player (honourable mentions to Fishlock and Mooy). And to top it all off we didn't replace him. Yes we got Maclaren in but we are still a marquee short. If he was injured I would accept it being unfortunate but part of the game, but no we have shipped off another Marquee midseason and not replaced him.

This management deserves everything they get and more. 

I was on automatic renewal for a 6 person family membership which has now been stopped.

First it was the sausage stand and now Bruno and to me enough is enough!!!!

• Like 1

Will be an unpopular opinion but anyways here goes;

I actually don't feel sorry for him at all, but i feel sorry for the fans.

We've been jibbed.

But based on what i know and the other bits and pieces, he made his own bed. Did the club handle it poorly? Abso-fucking-lutely, but he's still a long way from innocent in the whole saga.

Sad because we needed a hero, and we ended up with nothing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

We've been jibbed.

But based on what i know and the other bits and pieces, he made his own bed. Did the club handle it poorly? Abso-fucking-lutely, but he's still a long way from innocent in the whole saga.

I'm with you BT, nothing unpopular here.

21 minutes ago, bt50 said:

We've been jibbed.

Isn't that what we all wish to know? As it stands at present, he comes out of it with a great deal of sympathy, while the club just looks like a heap of shit. Tell the truth and everyone can move on.

22 minutes ago, bt50 said:

We've been jibbed.

I hear you. As we've said before, I don't think we'll ever know exactly what happened - we can only just assume. I personally believe it wasn't just an issue solely with WJ, but he must have done something to upset the powers higher up. Whether that be verbally accepting an offer elsewhere, shagging someone's daughter (just making shit up here) - who really knows except for them.

As such, we can expect the club and Bruno to respond in the manner they did. The club in the cold manner we expect from them and Bruno endearing himself to the fans and public more. There's nothing to be gleamed whatsoever from what they have said about this saga.

One thing that is a fact is that Bruno will always be a club legend for what he achieved with us and as fans, I am sure we are all eternally grateful for that. My favourite memory of him will always be that rabona in midfield against the tards and then the follow up goal in the same play where he chipped their keeper. Summed him up in one :)

The other thing that is a fact and as stated by all is the club could not have handled this any worse. They really do need to be held accountable for how they are now perceived by their fans, the wider football community and the public as well. They have done so much damage to their 'brand' over this scandal purely by the way it was handled. As a result, they will lose/have lost fans and it probably couldn't have happened at a worse time with new clubs being added to the league. They really need to:

a/ get rid of WJ asap (and probs Petrillo). 

b/ start playing some attractive football again

c/ show genuine care for their supporters and find a method/s in which to meaningfully re-engage with us and the public. I don't expect apologies - but I do expect to be made to believe they care about us as fans, the results of the team and that we aren't just a minor puppet arm of CFG.

It's not a crisis point yet, but certainly has the potential to be if they don't get this right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

We've been jibbed.

Pretty sure this is what most people are pissed off about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rass said:

It's not a crisis point yet, but certainly has the potential to be if they don't get this right.

I would say we are at crisis point sorry.

1. All our representing teams have missed their targets - Senior, youth and women.
  2. Fan turn out at an all time low
  3. Fan moral at an all time low
Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

This sucks it really does, but let's make this into a celebration of Bruno rather than going around in circles of what if

2 simple questions 

What is your favourite Bruno goal? 

What is Bruno best goal? 

For me my favourite goal of his is against Victory, the rabona to Caceras and then the chip over Vukovic 

His best goal I think was against WSW in that game we lost 4-3, outside the box lob with curl into top corner 

• Like 1

• jw1739 locked this topic