Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

1 hour ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Interesting that Bruno flourished before Joyce. He has been injured the majority of his tenure.

Coming back from that injury has been massive and personal for Bruno. Having a manager who does not believe in him is massively demoralising. Bruno plays best when his morale is high and plays passionately.

I think, for the best, Bruno should go. I say that and it hurts. But the way things are going, unless Joyce goes then the club no longer serves Bruno, whether or not he serves the club. Our tactics, vision and style have left him isolated. He needs to be at a club where he can serve and let his passion shine. City is no longer this. 

Fuck Joyce.

Sadly I think that you are right.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Interesting that Bruno flourished before Joyce. He has been injured the majority of his tenure.

Coming back from that injury has been massive and personal for Bruno. Having a manager who does not believe in him is massively demoralising. Bruno plays best when his morale is high and plays passionately.

I think, for the best, Bruno should go. I say that and it hurts. But the way things are going, unless Joyce goes then the club no longer serves Bruno, whether or not he serves the club. Our tactics, vision and style have left him isolated. He needs to be at a club where he can serve and let his passion shine. City is no longer this. 

Fuck Joyce.

Bruno is my first real Heart/City hero. Fcuk Joyce. Fuck Munn. Man tears for Christmas if he goes :hkpalm:

3 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Interesting times...

With Floren out, and MOH potentially still weeks off, might Bruno be forced back in the squad by sheer numbers irrespective the current politics?

If not, might Joyce persist with Bratts, Atkinson, Wales and perhaps one other to get forward? Or might we see the return of Forna?

I believe MOH is ready, Baccus is the problem. Joyce cannot have both.

24 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

That makes for a very interesting decision. Baccus seems up there with the first name on the list for old Joyceboy

What I don't understand is, if Baccus is so bloody good why we didn't lure him away from WSW in the off-season? Joyce did the same last season as well - brought in Bozanic and Vidosic half-way through the season and then spent the rest of it praising them - at one stage calling them "real men."

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

What I don't understand is, if Baccus is so bloody good why we didn't lure him away from WSW in the off-season? Joyce did the same last season as well - brought in Bozanic and Vidosic half-way through the season and then spent the rest of it praising them - at one stage calling them "real men."

Fuck this joker has to go.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

After his tantrum against us in the FFA Cup where he stormed down the tunnel and threw his shirt away for being subbed both him and WSW mutually agreed to terminate his contract. Up until then he was a contracted WSW player. Conventiently both his termination and OHallorans injury almost coincided and we signed him as a result. I take it we signed him due to the timing of both events and also keeping in mind the first round was under two weeks away. 

• Like 1

Can he become an injury replacement for Malik? Serious question.

8 hours ago, n i k o said:

After his tantrum against us in the FFA Cup where he stormed down the tunnel and threw his shirt away for being subbed both him and WSW mutually agreed to terminate his contract. Up until then he was a contracted WSW player. Conventiently both his termination and OHallorans injury almost coincided and we signed him as a result. I take it we signed him due to the timing of both events and also keeping in mind the first round was under two weeks away. 

12 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

I believe MOH is ready, Baccus is the problem. Joyce cannot have both.

12 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

That makes for a very interesting decision. Baccus seems up there with the first name on the list for old Joyceboy

When put like that, you wonder if the whole Bruno thing isn't just to make a spot for Baccas, which is a pretty terrible way to go about things.

2 minutes ago, moops said:

When put like that, you wonder if the whole Bruno thing isn't just to make a spot for Baccas, which is a pretty terrible way to go about things.

I think we're now just getting a little silly on here aren't we...

Only solution is to get rid of both WJ and BF and start again.

3 minutes ago, moops said:

Unless we have the cap space, Bruno is irrelevant to the Baccus/O'Halloran situation. Even if Bruno leaves, as a marquee his wages are outside the cap.

Also it's worth remembering that a player has to be deemed a "long-term injury" by FFA before a club can sign an injury replacement player. Clubs are expected to cover other injuries with the remainder of their squads - senior and youth.

18 minutes ago, rass said:

I think we're now just getting a little silly on here aren't we...

Only solution is to get rid of both WJ and BF and start again.

Hahaha, true.

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Unless we have the cap space, Bruno is irrelevant to the Baccus/O'Halloran situation. Even if Bruno leaves, as a marquee his wages are outside the cap.

Also it's worth remembering that a player has to be deemed a "long-term injury" by FFA before a club can sign an injury replacement player. Clubs are expected to cover other injuries with the remainder of their squads - senior and youth.

My brain is not working, I just woke up.

49 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

But in the past we have been creative with some short term injury replacements. We have had a few times a game or 2 contracts for players. 

Miller that guy that recently passed away and I think we had another at some point. 

I guess what I'm saying is that if Ohalloran is ready and Joyce wants to play him as well as keeping Baccus I'm pretty sure it can be done. 

36 minutes ago, Jovan said:

But in the past we have been creative with some short term injury replacements. We have had a few times a game or 2 contracts for players. 

Miller that guy that recently passed away and I think we had another at some point. 

I guess what I'm saying is that if Ohalloran is ready and Joyce wants to play him as well as keeping Baccus I'm pretty sure it can be done. 

I think Miller was an international player replacement, he was replacing Mooy - if my memory serves me correct. If Joyce makes Baccus marquee than all is solved and he can play both.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I think Miller was an international player replacement, he was replacing Mooy - if my memory serves me correct. If Joyce makes Baccus marquee than all is solved and he can play both.

Would lol.

But really, Joyce will ship out Caceras and then get Bacchus and since we only pass backwards and sideways. Joyce  will  then play in a formation where we face our own goal so that we go forwards. Simples

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

That being so, whats the rush? bruno's contract expires at the end of this season, so this new player is so good that they cannot wait !!

Piss off the fat boy enough to leave and there's no pay out then bring in the skinny hard running bone crunching tackling centre forward. Bingo problem solved. 

Melbourne City will bar Bruno Fornaroli from joining another A-League club in January, but would likely consider an overseas approach for the ostracised Uruguayan.

The 31-year-old marquee striker’s relationship with coach Warren Joyce is badly broken following his refusal to travel to Brisbane and sit on the bench three weeks ago, and his sub-par fitness levels.

The World Game understands that Melbourne City - unless Fornaroli suddenly offers the hand of contrition - could play hard-ball to the extent of possibly freezing him out for the entire season, rather than allowing him to sign for a rival.

City aren’t in the habit of capitulating to player power, with Fornaroli losing his war of wills with Joyce, who has jettisoned him from the last three games against the Roar, Newcastle Jets and Perth Glory.

The Englishman took the same hard-line stance with Tim Cahill at the start of last season, as the Socceroos great agitated for a move over lack of game time.

Cahill was likewise denied a switch to another A-League club and subsequently returned to former team Millwall for a brief stint leading up to the FIFA World Cup.

Fornaroli’s feud with the club has been fermenting since he was refused an off-season move to Sydney FC, who were prepared to match his $1.4 million wages at City and offer an extra season into the bargain. He is contracted at City until the end of this season.

City have picked up three points from nine in Fornaroli’s absence and lie fifth in the A-League.

But with Fornaroli’s attitude seen as unacceptable as his skinfolds, Joyce not only has the backing of his bosses in this stand-off, he also has the support of the dressing room.

That largesse doesn’t extend to the fans who see Fornaroli as the innocent party, and want him restored to the line-up.

As flamboyant and finessed as Joyce is curt and brusque, Fornaroli will once again be missing when City face Adelaide United on Sunday, with the Englishman sweating on the return of Scottish winger Michael O’Halloran from his pre-season hamstring injury.

All of which points to Fornaroli, who is in his fourth season at City and has bagged 48 goals in 70 league games, having played his last match for the club.

Another leak out

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

I don't think you're being serious...but in case you are, FFA has to approve all marquee players, and would not do so if Baccus was put forward.

Seemingly CFG will not relent so Bruno either gets in line with the expectations of the gaffer, secures himself a move in Jan out of Australia (which I assume will be hard for him to accept given he is well settled here with his young family ... remember when he said he'd like to be a Socceroo), or does a Ross McCormack and gets paid to wait out his contract, and then moves to whatever club he chooses when his contract expires.

Again, this whole saga underlines the stupidity of the salary cap (because these things happen between player and club always and everywhere) ... unless the club and player can work this out, we are screwed over for one of our Marquee spots for the whole season.

To even start to win back some supporters, the club needs to show some genuine intent during January, and deal with these squad issues ... move players on and get a frickin striker !!

I am actually not worried about Bruno being dropped. Since his injury he hasn't had the mobility or fluidity that he once had and his confidence is very low. What does annoy me is:

A. The lack of proper communication and

B. The lack of decent wingers and/or a backup striker and

C. The continued failure to have a competent and consistent team.

Losing MOH has been a big problem but, for heaven's sake, the team should not be about one player.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think you're being serious...but in case you are, FFA has to approve all marquee players, and would not do so if Baccus was put forward.

I'm just being sarcastic and cynical - that's all I can do at this stage watching my club making a mess about everything - from scarf colors to marquee players.............

23 minutes ago, mjake1234 said:

I am actually not worried about Bruno being dropped. Since his injury he hasn't had the mobility or fluidity that he once had and his confidence is very low. What does annoy me is:

A. The lack of proper communication and

B. The lack of decent wingers and/or a backup striker and

C. The continued failure to have a competent and consistent team.

Losing MOH has been a big problem but, for heaven's sake, the team should not be about one player.

The silence from Bundoora on all of this is deafening. Completely unacceptable if they want our club to have any standing in the Australian sporting landscape whatsoever.

It may be the norm to be arrogant in the UAE, possibly so in England, but it is not the norm in Australia.

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

This shit thing as well is that with so much expectation pre-season and at the beginning of the season, then when it starts it all turns to shit, then having to endure a long wait till the next season....and then this all repeats itself.

absolutely Tony that is one of the reasons i have cancelled my season tickets and that's all we are to them just season ticket holders , not real members of a club.

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

This shit thing as well is that with so much expectation pre-season and at the beginning of the season, then when it starts it all turns to shit, then having to endure a long wait till the next season....and then this all repeats itself.

Strange one, as myself and few other football fans seen the writing on the wall with the way we have recruited in off season and Bruno’s lack of form with no back up plan. This season was actually the first season under CFG where I had little expectation and actually was just hoping for best plus a miracle. Most of us are already looking forward towards the transfer periods which is sad.

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Strange one, as myself and few other football fans seen the writing on the wall with the way we have recruited in off season and Bruno’s lack of form with no back up plan. This season was actually the first season under CFG where I had little expectation and actually was just hoping for best plus a miracle. Most of us are already looking forward towards the transfer periods which is sad.

When is the winter transfer window is it the same as UK 1st January until midnight on 31st January? If this is the case matchday 11 would be the first chance to play new signings if Joyce deems them fit.

Hmmmm all very interesting.............

#JOYCEOUT 

Might i add that Joyce is a dick that has ruined for me this very anticipated season, and can i also add that #JOYCEOUT should be chanted at the derby for 90mins. Its not longer about anything else for me as i have an axe to grind about this whole club not moving on this muppet earlier. 

Joyce out might actually help my sanity and when interested on lookers ask how Melb City are going i wont blurt out a satanic sounded language they dont understand. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

When is the winter transfer window is it the same as UK 1st January until midnight on 31st January? If this is the case matchday 11 would be the first chance to play new signings if Joyce deems them fit.

According to https://www.fifatms.com/itms/worldwide-transfer-windows-calendar/ 3rd January 2019 to 31st January 2019.

Mid-season rather than "winter."

Edited by jw1739
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dconder13 said:

Bruno playing this week, heard from a good sauce 

He has to. McGree, wales and atkinson all on Olyroos camp. Any way hope he scores a hat trick just to keep the fan fury going. We need something cause expansion is dead and that was the only thing making CFG sit up and look to player signings. 

• jw1739 locked this topic