Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

51 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Let's see what happens at next youth game and next transfer window 

I guess you would know being MOH’s uncle and all that. If he didn’t play at the last youth / reserve game then he is far from being fit - did he play last week?

Edited by Mr MO

4 hours ago, rayv36 said:

I did this too. Got a call from membership today just saying they appreciate and hear the feedback they are getting from the fans and if there is anything they can do to get me back onside with them.

Its nice to know our frustrations aren't falling on completely deaf ears.

Yes i got a missed call actually and wasnt even going to listen to it until i saw you write this, i also wrote back to an email that was glowing with disapointment. The thing that annoys me is that it shouldnt get this far, how can they not see what is going on for themselves 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Yes i got a missed call actually and wasnt even going to listen to it until i saw you write this, i also wrote back to an email that was glowing with disapointment. The thing that annoys me is that it shouldnt get this far, how can they not see what is going on for themselves 

If you don't really look at yourself from time to time you probably won't see very much about yourself. IMO City Football Group is a smug, self-satisfied organisation that thinks it is God's gift to football, and I doubt that self-assessment is high on its agenda.

As for listening to the fans - AFAIK the most-recent meeting of the Fan Representative Group was on 26th February 2018, nine months ago. 

It's quite an achievement to get the responses we have so far. We have to keep the blow-torch on the bastards now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If you don't really look at yourself from time to time you probably won't see very much about yourself. IMO City Football Group is a smug, self-satisfied organisation that thinks it is God's gift to football, and I doubt that self-assessment is high on its agenda.

As for listening to the fans - AFAIK the most-recent meeting of the Fan Representative Group was on 26th February 2018, nine months ago. 

It's quite an achievement to get the responses we have so far. We have to keep the blow-torch on the bastards now.

just another tax write off for them to balance their TPP in the EPL

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Absolutely 100% keep the blow torch on, but will it be watered down by the time it gets to CFG by Munn and Co. I think it was mentioned by yourself earlier any protest or unrest needs to be directed at CFG for the brand to cop a hit and then something might happen. 

7 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Absolutely 100% keep the blow torch on, but will it be watered down by the time it gets to CFG by Munn and Co. I think it was mentioned by yourself earlier any protest or unrest needs to be directed at CFG for the brand to cop a hit and then something might happen. 

Everyone wear Red would be a good start. Doesnt have to be Heart merch, just red in general.

Just seen on the FB forums that Fornaroli was not out training with the lads.

Whilst we can only speculate why - I hope its not what we all fear. I HOPE he is on the bike gettint his skinfolds up to peak; not elsewhere looking for another starting 11. Can you imagine if he goes elsewhere. I would be absolutely shattered. Lots of talk about our lack of identity - if anyone has shaped the Melbourne City identity it has been Bruno.

21 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Bruno will not play another game for city

Can Joyce never step feet into the CFA ever again. Get him out enough is enough. It’s a reoccurrence now he falls out with high profile players. That’s why he will always be a youth coach can’t deal with big name players. No man management skills 

As has been said before, we should never have got to this point. No-one wins once it gets to this stage, particularly since Bruno is the latest on the list of senior players who have seemingly fallen out of Joyce's favour.

More than anything I'm sad that our club just can't get things right, either on or off the field. So much potential, so little delivered.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

As has been said before, we should never have got to this point. No-one wins once it gets to this stage, particularly since Bruno is the latest on the list of senior players who have seemingly fallen out of Joyce's favour.

More than anything I'm sad that our club just can't get things right, either on or off the field. So much potential, so little delivered.

That’s right.

Let’s say the club is correct and Bruno is being difficult and unreasonable and they have no other choice but to drop him - I would still say just come clean tell truth instead of letting this escalate to this point. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 4

Valkanis warns City not to allow dumped Fornaroli to join A-League rival

Banished Bruno Fornaroli remains “integral” to Melbourne City’s hopes of silverware and should not be allowed to join another A-League club, according to his former coach Michael Valkanis.

Updated Updated 19 hours ago
By Dave Lewis

With the Uruguayan facing a third week in exile as his feud with head coach Warren Joyce deepens, Valkanis - who had his own issues with the hard-nosed Englishman before exiting City a year ago - believes all efforts should be made to heal the rift because Fornaroli still has “a vital role to play”.

Now assistant to his ex-City boss John van’t Schip at PEC Zwolle in the Eredivisie, Valkanis is perplexed by Fornaroli’s fall from favour, with reports circulating that he has been told, along with midfielders Luke Brattan and Anthony Caceres, that he can leave the club during the January transfer window.

Sydney FC have been circling for months and would be likely to pounce.

The inference coming from Joyce, at least in 31-year-old Fornaroli’s case, is that his fitness, skinfolds and attitude are not up to scratch.

“I think the fans would be most unhappy if he was allowed to sign for a rival A-League team,” said Valkanis, who was both an assistant and briefly head coach at City before “philosophical differences” with Joyce precipitated his departure a year ago.

“To me, in many ways, Bruno is Melbourne City ... I think he remains an integral part of the club.

“He’s been a vital part of their setup for going on four years now and is one of the greatest goalscorers ever to have come to Australia.”

Joyce’s hand has been strengthened, at least fleetingly, by Sunday’s 3-0 home win over Newcastle Jets.

However, it may be but a brief reprieve, with City traveling to face league leaders Perth Glory this weekend and Fornaroli - who has netted 48 goals in 70 league appearances for City - likely to miss out for a third successive game.

“I don’t know how this is going to play out, and I’m not privy to what’s going on behind closed doors at City, but what I can say is that during my 18 months there Bruno was one of the hardest workers in the squad,” added Valkanis.

“He was fantastic in the period that JVS and I were there. He was influential in us winning the FFA Cup (in 2016) and finishing fourth on the ladder.

“I thought it was one of the club’s best seasons in terms of the football we played, and the crowd got behind the team. We won our first trophy for the club and Bruno was a big factor in that.

“He’s a crowd favourite, a fantastic character and a great player.

"He’s a goalscoring machine and his ability to hold up the ball and bring other players into the game is also exceptional.

“He can score you a goal out of nothing. His work ethic was excellent in my time there, he was our club captain and he’s going to be important if City are going to win anything this season.

“I’ve got nothing but good words to say about Bruno.”

The same can’t quite be said about Joyce though, with Valkanis admitting the pair couldn’t work together.

He departed City within months of working as Joyce’s assistant - having played the role of caretaker following van’t Schip’s return to the Netherlands in January 2017.

Asked to comment on Joyce’s methods - considered to be heavy-handed by his critics - Valkanis replied: “No comment”.

He did underscore, though, that a differing view on “the way the game should be played” was behind his exit.

“There are two vastly differing philosophies between us, and that’s the reason things didn’t work out,” he added. “I look at the world completely differently. That’s the truth of it.

“All I can say is that we simply don’t see football the same way. There are no wrongs or rights in football, everyone has their own philosophy and the way they see the game.

“We are just totally different in that regard. It was best that we no longer worked together.”

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

in many ways, Bruno is Melbourne City ... I think he remains an integral part of the club.

21 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

“He’s been a vital part of their setup for going on four years now and is one of the greatest goalscorers ever to have come to Australia.”

22 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

“He’s a crowd favourite, a fantastic character and a great player.

"He’s a goalscoring machine and his ability to hold up the ball and bring other players into the game is also exceptional.

“He can score you a goal out of nothing. His work ethic was excellent in my time there, he was our club captain and he’s going to be important if City are going to win anything this season.

“I’ve got nothing but good words to say about Bruno.”

Enough said.

Joyce out

• Like 1

None of us know exactly what is going on here.

Players fall out with managers everywhere, and come and go from all clubs, and there's nothing unusual about players wanting to leave, or clubs putting players on "transfer lists." Neither is Melbourne City alone in "freezing out" a player (such as Kilkenny) - locally even Victory did it with Jonathan Bru.

IMO the worst aspect of it all is that the club has remained silent, and silence in such situations simply allows rumours to fester like sores. The censoring of material being shown on the big screen at the match on Sunday is the lowest of the low, and, much like the attempts to airbrush Heart from historical match footage, shows the depths to which management at Bundoora and City Football Group will sink. That upsets me more than an alleged rift between Joyce and Bruno, because it means that we cannot trust anything that comes out of the club as being the truth.

Shame on the club for falling so low.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

If Bruno leaves and is to stay in the A-League I hope the Nix pick him up. I’ve got a soft spot for them and I think he’d make a massive difference to their team. And he scores a hat trick against us and flips off fuck head Wazza 

Youve probably got a hard spot now after their first half performance against Sydney 

• Like 1

Interesting times...

With Floren out, and MOH potentially still weeks off, might Bruno be forced back in the squad by sheer numbers irrespective the current politics?

If not, might Joyce persist with Bratts, Atkinson, Wales and perhaps one other to get forward? Or might we see the return of Forna?

What really pisses me off about the Bruno saga is the inference that Bruno isn’t committed to the club.

With the possible exception of Aziz we haven’t had a player who lived for the shirt like Bruno.

There is no way Joyce himself  is as committed to the club as Bruno and try and suggest Bruno is some sort of problem stinks to high heaven.

rant over.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

What really pisses me off about the Bruno saga is the inference that Bruno isn’t committed to the club.

With the possible exception of Aziz we haven’t had a player who lived for the shirt like Bruno.

There is no way Joyce himself  is as committed to the club as Bruno and try and suggest Bruno is some sort of problem stinks to high heaven.

rant over.

Interesting that Bruno flourished before Joyce. He has been injured the majority of his tenure.

Coming back from that injury has been massive and personal for Bruno. Having a manager who does not believe in him is massively demoralising. Bruno plays best when his morale is high and plays passionately.

I think, for the best, Bruno should go. I say that and it hurts. But the way things are going, unless Joyce goes then the club no longer serves Bruno, whether or not he serves the club. Our tactics, vision and style have left him isolated. He needs to be at a club where he can serve and let his passion shine. City is no longer this. 

Fuck Joyce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

GO or Stay i could'nt give a rats arse. i have had enough watching crap football and being expected to pay for it. his so called commitment is not worth the entrance fee for one game let alone a season full i am definitely OUT as of this week.

Bruno's commitment? 

• jw1739 locked this topic