Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

I agree, I remember when BMI (Body Mass Index) was all the rage. The powers at be tried to introduce into our firearms department. They soon found that some of the fittest members were in their words fat. These type of measurements are only indicators and not an exact science as every person is built different with different metabolism. A person still can do his job with a little extra body fat. Ross has been mentioned and Maradona was a superstar with a little bit extra around the waist. Decisions should be made on performance not a medial test. But Joyce is in charge and his rules apply don't make his grade you do not play.

Edited by Inchcolm
  • Like 2

Joyce out. Sick of it. Football isn't great, fine we boot out JVS who played ripping football with Mooy, Novillo and Bruno but then we were spinless in defence. Granted Joyce brought in a bit of spine and shored us up - but we look insipid and toothless in attack, given the calibre of Aus players we have. Not to mention how many statements he has been making with big name players.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, haz said:

Okay. Lets flip the dice here. Say we had a different coach (one that is alright, and relatively liked). Bruno dogs the team and goes join Sydney for more money....... What are your reactions then?

So you would call bruno a dog for leaving city after 4 years of service to get paid more then double what he's on with us. Come on Haz you seem to me that your just a bit smarter than that. 

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Basically sports science crap that doesn't take into account

skill level,

vision,

creativity,

team work,

attitude,

x-factor ability for being a match winner,

player morale,

team chemistry,

hardness at the ball,

killer instinct,

and all abilities that are needed to be competent for certain positions.

A very important metric for Wazza though.

:hkpalm:

Also has nothing to do with fitness. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fiji19 said:

We aren't playing a way that gets the best out of Bruno. We need wingers who like to get in and behind full backs to stretch the back 4 or wingers that get in between full back and centre back to help Bruno escape defenders. 

Youre yelling into an empty room. We've been echoing this all season so far.

-------------------------------------

So for the  Newcastle game, can everyone pull up their shirts and grab their skin folds while yelling at Joyce?

Edited by haz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, haz said:

Youre yelling into an empty room. We've been echoing this all season so far.

-------------------------------------

So for the  Newcastle game, can everyone pull up their shirts and grab their skin folds while yelling at Joyce?

There is so much potential with this Skin Folds thing.

You know that art work where you fold it and a word comes together.

Imagine skin folds that, when rolled, spelled out "Fuck off Joyce".

Oh the potential. So much potential. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, playmaker said:

Basically sports science crap that doesn't take into account

skill level,

vision,

creativity,

team work,

attitude,

x-factor ability for being a match winner,

player morale,

team chemistry,

hardness at the ball,

killer instinct,

and all abilities that are needed to be competent for certain positions.

A very important metric for Wazza though.

:hkpalm:

As much as I don’t believe “skin folds” or fitness was the reason behind Bruno not playing, a guy like him should always be fit enough to play and it’s disappointing that he didn’t.

But I disagree with you if you think that “skin folds” (fitness) doesn’t have an impact on the above attributes. 

Once fatigue sets in (when skin folds generally = fitness), most of these attributes you listed will be affected. 

9 minutes ago, cityfan101 said:

As much as I don’t believe “skin folds” or fitness was the reason behind Bruno not playing, a guy like him should always be fit enough to play and it’s disappointing that he didn’t.

But I disagree with you if you think that “skin folds” (fitness) doesn’t have an impact on the above attributes. 

Once fatigue sets in (when skin folds generally = fitness), most of these attributes you listed will be affected. 

What are you on about??

I got surplus skinfolds and hardness at the ball.

• Like 1

If we some how manage to let this boil over into a huge drama (everyone is already making a meal of it) and bruno leaves deadset the club is a joke.  We will not get a better striker than him (and not nearly as proven in the A-league).  It will be the straw that breaks the camels I think if we let him go in a shoddy way.  He is already a club legend, and has one of the best reputations in the league as a player minus the diving accusations.  

• Like 2

Going to be a riot. Everyone needs to turn up, songs about Bruno. Something big in the 23rd minute, like the chant above, complete walk out, but something the TV coverage can't miss. We must make sure that the TV commentary is left in no doubt how the fans feel, and that there is a real meltdown brewing about this. Bruno, whatever we feel about his form right now, is the icon we fight over. Enough already. 

48 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

23rd minute start chanting You don't know what you're doing at Wazza

"We're going to Team 11" might make the point. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Going to be a riot. Everyone needs to turn up, songs about Bruno. Something big in the 23rd minute, like the chant above, complete walk out, but something the TV coverage can't miss. We must make sure that the TV commentary is left in no doubt how the fans feel, and that there is a real meltdown brewing about this. Bruno, whatever we feel about his form right now, is the icon we fight over. Enough already. 

"We're going to Team 11" might make the point. 

I honestly think that the only thing capable of decent sports media attention is targetting City Group ownership of our club as a focal point of protest.

• jw1739 locked this topic