Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

35 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

Anyone know whether there is an English language test as a component to obtaining citizenship?

If so he might need to polish up other than his natural talent to swear like a local.

He would certainly pass the 'pub test' the pollies are all so found of.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

The desire is prob the more exciting part than the reality; he is clearly settled and wants to stay here. First true club legend confirmed.

Slow down, we have a certain GOAT in the women's change rooms (and its not Dean)

On 27/01/2018 at 9:31 AM, Heart of Melbourne said:

Don't be fooled by the club. Fornaroli is not playing this season. That's why they are trying to keep Ross the boss

If he does come back i could imagine his output would limited due to finding his touch and sharpness again. Either way it would be great to see him on the field again, even just to come off the bench. BTW the last couple of articles ive read with Bruno being interviewed he pretty much says what fans want to hear from any player, loves the club and fans and really enjoying his time here in oz. ❤

Melbourne City striker Bruno Fornaroli is frustrated by his injury recovery but busy with a new son

Matt Windley

January 27, 2018

THREE weeks after Bruno Fornaroli had surgery to repair a broken ankle his second child, Benicio, was born.

“Imagine when I run with my wife to the hospital — she bring everything, I can’t walk,” Fornaroli said.

“It’s a little bit strange at the time, but funny too.”

It was a foreign situation for the Fornaroli family.

And it has been a foreign situation in a footballing sense, too, for the Melbourne City star, as he has never experienced such a lengthy injury lay-off.

One positive has been being able to spend a little more time around home with his wife, daughter and now son.

But he felt he was more hindrance than help early on, while now he is chomping at the bit to get back on to the park, some five months after the injury he sustained in the FFA Cup.

The hardest part, he said, are matchdays.

The derby two days before Christmas at a heaving AAMI Park particularly tough.

“I see all the fans, I feel bad,” he said. “This was a hard moment that I can’t go to play tonight and for another one or two months maybe.”

Targeting a return in the next month or so — well before the April finals, at least, he said — the striker promises to be back at 100 per cent fitness and nothing less.

“Because anything less would not be good for me, for my teammates and shows no respect for the fans,” he said.

“I try to push to do everything, but it’s not easy. It’s not only the bone, it’s the ligaments too. If it was just the bone it would be OK, three months, it would heal.

“I tried to push and come back the moment I could come back on to the pitch, but sore, sore, sore. So we wait again a little bit. Now I feel OK.”

Ross McCormack had been brought in on loan from Aston Villa as an injury replacement and has thrived, scoring 14 goals in 16 games.

Far from feeling jealous, Fornaroli said McCormack’s success has eased his own personal burden as he knows the team is still succeeding without him.

“I feel very happy for him and the team. The goal he scored against Adelaide showed he is a top player.

“It means I can, not take my time, but I feel relaxed because the club is still doing very well.”

Fornaroli, 30, revealed to the Herald Sun last week he wants to become an Australian citizen and one day, if possible, play for the Socceroos.

And so, with no plans to leave the country any time soon — perhaps ever — does that mean he will stay at City for the rest of his career?

“You never know for sure, football is crazy and you can never say one thing because the next day everything could change.

“But in this moment if you ask me of course, I’m very happy to stay here, I want to stay for a long time in this club, defend this club.

“And I hope the club feels like me and want me here for a long time.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/melbourne-city-striker-bruno-fornaroli-is-frustrated-by-his-injury-recovery-but-busy-with-a-new-son/news-story/161e96bf1f71d8d43a1e4c58118106c2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Murfy1 said:

Melbourne City striker Bruno Fornaroli is frustrated by his injury recovery but busy with a new son

Matt Windley

January 27, 2018

THREE weeks after Bruno Fornaroli had surgery to repair a broken ankle his second child, Benicio, was born.

“Imagine when I run with my wife to the hospital — she bring everything, I can’t walk,” Fornaroli said.

“It’s a little bit strange at the time, but funny too.”

It was a foreign situation for the Fornaroli family.

And it has been a foreign situation in a footballing sense, too, for the Melbourne City star, as he has never experienced such a lengthy injury lay-off.

One positive has been being able to spend a little more time around home with his wife, daughter and now son.

But he felt he was more hindrance than help early on, while now he is chomping at the bit to get back on to the park, some five months after the injury he sustained in the FFA Cup.

The hardest part, he said, are matchdays.

The derby two days before Christmas at a heaving AAMI Park particularly tough.

“I see all the fans, I feel bad,” he said. “This was a hard moment that I can’t go to play tonight and for another one or two months maybe.”

Targeting a return in the next month or so — well before the April finals, at least, he said — the striker promises to be back at 100 per cent fitness and nothing less.

“Because anything less would not be good for me, for my teammates and shows no respect for the fans,” he said.

“I try to push to do everything, but it’s not easy. It’s not only the bone, it’s the ligaments too. If it was just the bone it would be OK, three months, it would heal.

“I tried to push and come back the moment I could come back on to the pitch, but sore, sore, sore. So we wait again a little bit. Now I feel OK.”

Ross McCormack had been brought in on loan from Aston Villa as an injury replacement and has thrived, scoring 14 goals in 16 games.

Far from feeling jealous, Fornaroli said McCormack’s success has eased his own personal burden as he knows the team is still succeeding without him.

“I feel very happy for him and the team. The goal he scored against Adelaide showed he is a top player.

“It means I can, not take my time, but I feel relaxed because the club is still doing very well.”

Fornaroli, 30, revealed to the Herald Sun last week he wants to become an Australian citizen and one day, if possible, play for the Socceroos.

And so, with no plans to leave the country any time soon — perhaps ever — does that mean he will stay at City for the rest of his career?

“You never know for sure, football is crazy and you can never say one thing because the next day everything could change.

“But in this moment if you ask me of course, I’m very happy to stay here, I want to stay for a long time in this club, defend this club.

“And I hope the club feels like me and want me here for a long time.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/melbourne-city-striker-bruno-fornaroli-is-frustrated-by-his-injury-recovery-but-busy-with-a-new-son/news-story/161e96bf1f71d8d43a1e4c58118106c2

Its painful how much I love this man

• Like 1

Melbourne City striker Bruno Fornaroli could make his A-League return within a fortnight

DAVID DAVUTOVIC, Herald Sun
20 minutes ago

STAR Melbourne City striker Bruno Fornaroli could make his A-League return within a fortnight after his successful return to the pitch last Friday.

The marquee striker played 90 minutes and scored a brace in a behind-closed-doors youth team friendly at the club’s City Football Academy in Bundoora, five months after injuring his ankle in the FFA Cup Round of 16 clash away to Hakoah.

Fornaroli trained strongly on Monday after resuming full-scale training last Thursday. His imminent availability is crucial for City who will miss Ross McCormack for the first time since November.

VICTORY: Milligan on verge of Saudi move

A-LEAGUE ALL ANGLES: Ice cool Arzani

55bbc8b667821fa901f50e369be0a706?width=650It’s been a long time coming for Fornaroli. (Michael Klein)

McCormack, who scored 14 goals in 17 games this season, will hold talks with parent club Aston Villa in the next 24 hours as he hopes they can strike a deal to extend his City loan deal.

It’s understood the size of the loan fee that Villa is demanding from City remains the main obstacle.

Fornaroli’s return will boost City’s hopes as they hope to secure a maiden top three finish and subsequent Asian Champions League berth.

While City’s opposition in Fornaroli’s comeback game were SA state league side MetroStars who are in pre-season, the fact that he had got through 90 minutes when he had planned to play just over a half is positive.

While Fornaroli is unlikely to be considered for a start for at least four weeks, it’s believed that the Uruguayan is a chance to make the bench when they host Sydney FC on Saturday week.

It's a big week on the track as we prepare for Brisbane away on Sunday! 💪⚽

“I need to come back at 100 per cent, nothing less,” Fornaroli said.

“I cannot come back at 70 or 95, that’s not good for me, for my teammates and shows no respect for the fans.

“Sometimes the fans, they expect you to come back (as good as) before — it’s not easy after injuries to come back and play great football,

“But this is why it is very important for me now to take confidence again, train more with the group, because I have to catch up to them.

“I am doing everything to make sure when I return I am as good as possible.”

6711bbe42c5bd06d7ec7f807de377d8f
player
Manchester City sink a valiant Cardiff outfit

The friendly featured senior players Bruce Kamau, Bart Schenkeveld and Eugene Galekovic, though it also served as preparation for the youth team’s National Youth League grand final against Western Sydney on at Newcastle’s McDonald Jones Stadium on Saturday, starting at 2pm.

City’s crucial last round W-League clash against Newcastle Jets will sandwich Melbourne Victory’s A-League clash against the Jets in Saturday’s triple header.

Defender Schenkeveld returns from suspension for Sunday’s trip to Brisbane Roar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, malloy said:

Playing a fully stacked 4-2-4. Cunts won't know what has hit them.

Why stop at 4-2-4

I think 2-2-6

----------------------Bouzanis (sweeper)---------------------------

----------------------Bort------------Jakobsen----------------------

-------------------------Brattan-----Budzik------------------------------

Atkinson----Arzani----Bruno--Ross---Vidosic------Fitzy

Edited by haz

4 minutes ago, haz said:

Why stop at 4-2-4

I think 2-2-6

----------------------Bouzanis (sweeper)---------------------------

----------------------Bort------------BigBoyHaz----------------------

-------------------------Brattan-----Budzik------------------------------

Atkinson----Arzani----Bruno--Ross---Vidosic------Fitzy

Haz over Jako?

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Don't panic. The article says "small setback." Bruno's probably trying too hard. I still think we can make third without him, and I'd rather do that and see him fully fit next season than risk everything just to get back sooner.

9 rounds to go.

He was apparently about 2 weeks away. So small set back adds 2 weeks (min)? Assuming we are telling the truth.

So we might have him back with 5 rounds to go. Then usually takes 2-3 weeks to get into good form. So by last few weeks plus finals.

It isn't going to take much else going wrong for us to just keep him out for the rest of the year.

I'm not sure what's worse.

Bruno's injection into his knee?

Or the McCormack possibility being completely ruled out.

So from going a few weeks ago on how will they play together to now the real possibility of not having either at all.

Without sounding the alarm siren this can't be good. 

I hope CFG have a plan in place.

• jw1739 locked this topic