Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

I actually think Fornaroli would be a Wazza type player anyway, the same with Brandan. They both dont shy away from defensive duties, and both have that bit of mongrel in them. 

Initially I thought exactly this. And at the start of the season I would have added Kilkenny but obviously it hasn't panned out that way.

I kind of feel that Wazza's perception of players isn't entirely based on their football ability but maybe more is based on personality. And all this is based on Malik and Muscat and lesser degree Mauk been given the confidence from the boss and none given to Kilkenny and Cahill. 

But tbf Kamau was given a fair go early and now is in the outer and opposite for Brattan. 

So I've got NFI on how Bruno and Brandan will go once fit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Initially I thought exactly this. And at the start of the season I would have added Kilkenny but obviously it hasn't panned out that way.

I kind of feel that Wazza's perception of players isn't entirely based on their football ability but maybe more is based on personality. And all this is based on Malik and Muscat and lesser degree Mauk been given the confidence from the boss and none given to Kilkenny and Cahill. 

But tbf Kamau was given a fair go early and now is in the outer and opposite for Brattan. 

Im not overly surprised with Kilkenny, and to a lesser degree Brattan. If you rewind back to the second half of last season we used to always get criticised for our midfielders not working both ways. Killa and Bratts were the main two culprits, despite whatever they brought to the table from an attacking sense. 
Chuck in Killa's attitude at times and it not surprising he'd fall out. In saying that I'm still of the opinion he's out of the side because he cracked the shits about not being treated above everyone else; as in thought he should have been in the side despite the players replacing him 'cutting the mustard' so to speak.

Bratts on the other hand has worked really hard to lose his weight and do everything possible for selection, and now that the wheel has finally turned and an opportunity presented itself, he's found himself back in and taking his chance.

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Everything that I've heard from Joyce is about being fit and working hard every day to get better at the things a professional footballer does. So it's not so much about innate footballing ability but about hard work to improve on whatever you started with. He's credited with a remark (that I can't find at the minute) based on experiences with Manchester United youth players to the effect that you don't get better as a footballer by sitting in a jacuzzi all day.

It's evident from his praise for McCormack for his extra afternoon training session and his morning and evening swimming.

I've found the quote, and in full it is as follows:
"The frustrating thing is seeing ones like Januzaj, Wilson or Federico Macheda get up to that level and stop doing the work they did to get them to that level. Not play the games, not train as hard, sit in jacuzzis and not do the same weights and sessions they did to get there. Those are the frustrating ones for me, because that could be avoided.
“You’re in football for sport, to be competitive and try to do your best and challenge yourself, so those things are on the periphery. "You either want to be in a boyband in a pop star environment, or a footballer.”

I don't know which of our current players fit into which category, but I can't imagine Bruno being anything other than a Joyce man.

Maybe my point was misunderstood or was just badly made. 

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not for a second questioning Bruno's Brandan's or even Killa work ethic dedication or basic professionalism more so their direct relationship with Wazza. 

And regardless of what work or attitude they have maybe Wazza's his way or no way mantra has already marked their cards.

I just can't understand why Kilkenny would not be the perfect Wazza player and I disagree 100% that Kilkenny was/is a one way player. For me he is the best holding midfielder in the League. 

But hey everyone sees things differently and with Kilkenny and Joyce it just doesn't add up to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not for a second questioning Bruno's Brandan's or even Killa work ethic dedication or basic professionalism more so their direct relationship with Wazza. 

And regardless of what work or attitude they have maybe Wazza's his way or no way mantra has already marked their cards.

I just can't understand why Kilkenny would not be the perfect Wazza player and I disagree 100% that Kilkenny was/is a one way player. For me he is the best holding midfielder in the League. 

But hey everyone sees things differently and with Kilkenny and Joyce it just doesn't add up to me.

Fair enough, we all see it different.
I do recall Perth giving us a bit before the final last year about our midfielders being lazy defensively fwiw.

29 minutes ago, Jovan said:

That's where I'd disagree with you. Defensively he wasn't as good as Brattan or Malik, in fact Malik has been by far the superior player defensively to these guys. Offensively Killer is easily the man. 

50 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I think we only have to look at what happened with Cahill. Club captain. Icon of the Australian game. Brought especially to the A-League to boost its profile. But TC thought he was good enough as he is to deserve a starting berth in the City side. But that's not good enough for Warren Joyce. Joyce doesn't believe that it's just young players who have to work on improving themselves every day, it's all players, irrespective of who you are.

I'm guessing that perhaps Kilkenny and Joyce have clashed in the same way? But I don't know, none of us know and we're all speculating, and IMO it's good that it's being kept in-house because it has a much better chance of being resolved amicably that way.

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

I agree regarding Killa being best holding midfielder in the league. 

Maybe people don't rate what the holding midfielders role is to do as opposed to a an outright defensive midfielder who is heavy with the tackling.

Maybe that is why Killa is not featuring as much because Wazza wants his midfielders to be hard hitting tacklers.

21 minutes ago, malloy said:

I agree regarding Killa being best holding midfielder in the league. 

Maybe people don't rate what the holding midfielders role is to do as opposed to a an outright defensive midfielder who is heavy with the tackling.

Maybe that is why Killa is not featuring as much because Wazza wants his midfielders to be hard hitting tacklers.

True it's what your perception or attributes of what makes a holding midfielder. 

For me a holding midfielder has to be able to float anywhere throughout the midfield and be as good.

That is, sit in front of the back 3 or 4 and collect the ball and initiate the forward move. Be able to switch to be a traditional box to box type and then also on occasion be the attacking mid that can play in the striker or winger with a clever ball. And of course have enough sense and guile to breakdown any opposition attack and protect the defensive line. And for me he must have all 4 qualitys. And in my opinion Kilkenny is exactly that player, but as others have mentioned they don't and probably most importantly neither does Wazza. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

There is already a spin that Bruno won't be the same after injury. 

No player is the same after a major injury. Not spin just reality. The great players comeback at a level equal or better than pre injury but without doubt they are different. 

Question is what will Bruno be and until he plays half a dozen games even he wouldn't know.

6 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

It's not major major injury like ACL or open broken bone. Shouldn't be under that much doubt. 

It's simple, every coach has his preferences and ideas.  Otherwise what would be the point of changing him/her.

He doesn't want to rush him back and that's understandable. 

It is a serious injury. A broken ankle or ankle ligament from memory. Definitely not a soft tissue injury.

33 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

What about Brandan, apparently his injury is really bad that the media says he will not play this season...but that could be the media talking shit like always

I thought Fernando did an ACL. Remember the t shirts last season. That's not what you do for a hammy.

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

It is a serious injury. A broken ankle or ankle ligament from memory. Definitely not a soft tissue injury.

It's more serious if the fracture has occurred on an articular surface, that's the smooth cartilage part of the joint where one bone contacts another. The club's provided no info on that one way or another

3 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

It's more serious if the fracture has occurred on an articular surface, that's the smooth cartilage part of the joint where one bone contacts another. The club's provided no info on that one way or another

He seems to have been training the last month (?). I think hes just gaining fitness and match sharpness because If I still had a fractured ankle I would not be kicking a ball.

9 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

Ross is favorite player unless he stabs back Wazza. He will stay as long as possible.  That will create another tension and someone contract will be mutually ended. 

6 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

It's not major major injury like ACL or open broken bone. Shouldn't be under that much doubt. 

It's simple, every coach has his preferences and ideas.  Otherwise what would be the point of changing him/her.

He doesn't want to rush him back and that's understandable. 

You remind me of when I use to cheat for my Italian assignments,  I would use google translate to translate phrases and sentences from English to Italian.

Little did I know that, if you tried to then translate that phrase from Italian back into English, using the same program, the translation would come back just off a little bit.

Giving us well, what you see here

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

You remind me of when I use to cheat for my Italian assignments,  I would use google translate to translate phrases and sentences from English to Italian.

Little did I know that, if you tried to then translate that phrase from Italian back into English, using the same program, the translation would come back just off a little bit.

Giving us well, what you see here

I had to do a Japenses Essay/Speech in highschool, hated the subject. So the night before I wrote the speech in English and used Google Translate, I spoke it infront of the class and no-one including the teacher had a clue what I was saying...... Problem was that when I did Google Translate, 'J' is next to 'K' in the alphabet, I had translated my English text into Korean. Somehow still got a Pass.

Google Translate tells me Bruno is moving to the K-League...

In all seriousness I don't think that the club will rush Bruno back, because he has another full season to run on his contract and we have an adequate replacement. I'm also of the view that Brandan won't play for us again, and therefore there is a good chance that McCormack will be able to stay for the rest of this season as an injury replacement. Next season IMO Brandan won't be with us, and I suspect Jakobsen too, so we can rearrange our visa playing strength to possibly include McCormack for a second season.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Google Translate tells me Bruno is moving to the K-League...

In all seriousness I don't think that the club will rush Bruno back, because he has another full season to run on his contract and we have an adequate replacement. I'm also of the view that Brandan won't play for us again, and therefore there is a good chance that McCormack will be able to stay for the rest of this season as an injury replacement. Next season IMO Brandan won't be with us, and I suspect Jakobsen too, so we can rearrange our visa playing strength to possibly include McCormack for a second season.

I dont know how I would feel about Jakobsen being moved on, his performances have gone under the radar this season and we could end up in a situation where we replace him with a Budzinksi or a Koren

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, haz said:

I dont know how I would feel about Jakobsen being moved on, his performances have gone under the radar this season and we could end up in a situation where we replace him with a Budzinksi or a Koren

Jako may want to move back home hence the signing of the Aussie CB pure speculation only.

been an awesome signing for us loved his debut goal!! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jovan said:

True it's what your perception or attributes of what makes a holding midfielder. 

For me a holding midfielder has to be able to float anywhere throughout the midfield and be as good.

That is, sit in front of the back 3 or 4 and collect the ball and initiate the forward move. Be able to switch to be a traditional box to box type and then also on occasion be the attacking mid that can play in the striker or winger with a clever ball. And of course have enough sense and guile to breakdown any opposition attack and protect the defensive line. And for me he must have all 4 qualitys. And in my opinion Kilkenny is exactly that player, but as others have mentioned they don't and probably most importantly neither does Wazza. 

The thing the casual viewer may have missed about Killer is his exquisite positioning, regardless of which team had the ball. Some guys are diving making tackles and blocks, yeah looks good, but it all started because they were in the wrong spot to start with.

Kilkenny was fantasticly defensively.

i have also learnt that Wazzas press conferences shouldn’t be taken at face value.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 4

From FB.

"We had the pleasure of cutting city youth footballer Ramy najjarine and BART SCHENKEVELD In the barber shop today. Spoke to both of the boys and they told me that Ross has been training. And apparently Bruno had done his other ankle and is out for another month until feb. they also said Brandan was training for two months but the coach just didn’t play him. Didn’t get the chance to snapshot Bart’s fresh cut but you guys will see it on Saturday! He assured me three points. Pop in to House Of Gents barber shop to get your fresh cut!"

3 minutes ago, Deeming said:

From FB.

"We had the pleasure of cutting city youth footballer Ramy najjarine and BART SCHENKEVELD In the barber shop today. Spoke to both of the boys and they told me that Ross has been training. And apparently Bruno had done his other ankle and is out for another month until feb. they also said Brandan was training for two months but the coach just didn’t play him. Didn’t get the chance to snapshot Bart’s fresh cut but you guys will see it on Saturday! He assured me three points. Pop in to House Of Gents barber shop to get your fresh cut!"

Ah the marquee curse has been passed on to Bruno. RIP Prickly Pear

On 12/21/2017 at 11:28 PM, Deeming said:

From FB.

Ffs on Bruno 

On 21 December 2017 at 11:28 PM, Deeming said:

From FB.

They're saying that players have divulged behind the doors happenings including making Joyce look like the bad guy for not playing Brandan? Plus what business goes about making speculative comments about behind the scenes info on their business page. Something smells like bullshit. 

Edited by n i k o

37 minutes ago, n i k o said:

They're saying that players have divulged behind the doors happenings including making Joyce look like the bad guy for not playing Brandan? Plus what business goes about making speculative comments about behind the scenes info on their business page. Something smells like bullshit. 

If there's any truth in this whatsoever then neither the players nor the business will be enjoying the company of City for very long, because all the evidence suggests that the one thing you absolutely do not do is "spill the beans" about what goes on inside CFG. Even after you've left.

I barely believe the PR stuff that the club puts out, let alone some crap on the "social media."

Ankle injuries, especially those involving ligaments, are notoriously difficult to overcome, and I never expected Bruno to be match fit until pretty late this season if at all. There are always little incidents during a rehab program and I would take absolutely no notice of this sort of rumour whatsoever.

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If there's any truth in this whatsoever then neither the players nor the business will be enjoying the company of City for very long, because all the evidence suggests that the one thing you absolutely do not do is "spill the beans" about what goes on inside CFG. Even after you've left.

I barely believe the PR stuff that the club puts out, let alone some crap on the "social media."

Ankle injuries, especially those involving ligaments, are notoriously difficult to overcome, and I never expected Bruno to be match fit until pretty late this season if at all. There are always little incidents during a rehab program and I would take absolutely no notice of this sort of rumour whatsoever.

Agree. If for a second we entertain that this is true what business goes about spreading speculative information on their Facebook business page. I run my own business and if customer was a player the mere thought of writing what they've said to me sounds like the dumbest fucking move I could do. I'd spread it here on this forum :up: 

Edited by n i k o

4 hours ago, belaguttman said:

As I understood it, he didn't have any major ligament damage but a fracture

I believe it was fracture of the fibula. If fractured right through (as opposed to a crack) this needs plate/screws to hold it together which I believe was the case with Bruno. 

This is because the ankle becomes unstable when the fibula is completely fractured, especially if it is low down close to the joint. Hard not to have significant ligament damage as well, although it depends on how it occurred.  That is, an impact from the side directly onto the bone may not affect ligaments as much but spraining your ankle so badly that it creates enough sideways force to fracture the fibula obviously creates a lot of ligament damage also. But usually some ligament damage  involved in any of these.  But the time it takes for surgery to put the plate/screws in, wait for the bone to heal and then take the plate/screws out again is usually more than enough for the ligaments to heal reasonably well. It's more an issue of getting the ankle functioning well again after a long period of inactivity, etc. Unlikely to be any major issues with the joint surfaces as the tibia (the other bone in the lower leg) supplies almost the entire articular/joint surface in the ankle.     

Fingers crossed he is back soon. 

37 minutes ago, dr lime said:

I believe it was fracture of the fibula. If fractured right through (as opposed to a crack) this needs plate/screws to hold it together which I believe was the case with Bruno. 

This is because the ankle becomes unstable when the fibula is completely fractured, especially if it is low down close to the joint. Hard not to have significant ligament damage as well, although it depends on how it occurred.  That is, an impact from the side directly onto the bone may not affect ligaments as much but spraining your ankle so badly that it creates enough sideways force to fracture the fibula obviously creates a lot of ligament damage also. But usually some ligament damage  involved in any of these.  But the time it takes for surgery to put the plate/screws in, wait for the bone to heal and then take the plate/screws out again is usually more than enough for the ligaments to heal reasonably well. It's more an issue of getting the ankle functioning well again after a long period of inactivity, etc. Unlikely to be any major issues with the joint surfaces as the tibia (the other bone in the lower leg) supplies almost the entire articular/joint surface in the ankle.     

Fingers crossed he is back soon. 

it was on the talus

• jw1739 locked this topic