Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

• 3 weeks later...

We know your views on various players Strider, but some of your posts are close to or are downright abusive. Both Fornaroli and Cahill struggled to impress in a misfiring City attack. Many doubted that they could be effective playing together, and the outcome of the season suggests that the doubters may have been right.

Public warning to moderate language.

Edited by jw1739

23 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

If I was a mod that would have been instant ban city for crude racism.  Think jw is being more than lenient.

10 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I'll  back this one in. At this stage comment hidden but JW has adequately warned him.

Do u guys sit facing a corner during parties while everyone gets naked? Cos i do

• 3 months later...

Fornaroli set for ankle surgery

By Ben Somerford Aug 30 2017 8:32PM
By Ben Somerford
Aug 30 2017 8:32PM

Melbourne City have confirmed star striker Bruno Fornaroli has fractured his ankle and will need surgery in a significant blow ahead of the 2017/18 A-League season.

The 2015/16 A-League Golden Boot winner had to be replaced late in the first half of City's 3-2 FFA Cup win over Hakoah Sydney City on Tuesday night after a heavy tackle.

Fornaroli left the venue in a taxi for X-rays which have revealed bad news for the title hopefuls which threaten his availability for the start of the new season which commences in October.

In a club statement, City confirmed Fornaroli had suffered a fracture to his right ankle.

Fornaroli will undergo surgery in the coming days, although the club declined to disclose an estimated period of absence.

The Uruguayan has scored 49 goals in 66 appearances for City in all competitions since joining in 2015.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/fornaroli-set-for-ankle-surgery-472148

Man 49 goals in 66 games

• Like 1

We're fooked. Can't see Cahill matching his scoring rate. Either we have a fucking good defense and win 1-0 or other players step up but other then Fitzy maybe Mauk and Budzik I cant think of anyone else.

9 hours ago, haz said:

We're fooked. Can't see Cahill matching his scoring rate. Either we have a fucking good defense and win 1-0 or other players step up but other then Fitzy maybe Mauk and Budzik I cant think of anyone else.

Take out the penalities and he did last season. 

Anyway yes its crap but no other Aleague team could have old mate Cahill come into the starting 11

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It will probably be a loan player most likely, who would take a 4 month contract? Anyway Aguero is out of favour with pep.

Welcome AGUEEERRROOOOOOOOOOOOO

10 minutes ago, Forever City said:

Didn't some one say that he will be out for 6-8 weeks but in this report, it says he will be out until January?

Well that's initially based on just the ankle fracture, I won't be surprised if there's ligament damage too.

@jw1739 - the guy already got a yellow card for it so it was picked up by the ref, usually they can't overrule this into a red or suspension.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Well that's initially based on just the ankle fracture, I won't be surprised if there's ligament damage too.

@jw1739 - the guy already got a yellow card for it so it was picked up by the ref, usually they can't overrule this into a red or suspension.

I realise that. However, IMO in cases like this - and I'm sure that there would be others - where serious injury results, then the rules should allow a review of the punishment. We've lost our marquee striker, from a crude and illegal tackle from a player in a pub team, and there's no sanction? That's bloody crazy.

• Like 2

• jw1739 locked this topic