Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

FFA statement regarding Bruno Fornaroli

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has reminded Bruno Fornaroli of the standards expected of professional footballers after the Melbourne City FC captain used inappropriate language while making an acceptance speech after the Westfield FFA Cup Final in Melbourne on Wednesday night.

Head of the Hyundai A-League Greg O’Rourke spoke to Melbourne City FC CEO Scott Munn, who has counselled Fornaroli on his responsibilities under the Code of Conduct.

“Whilst we take into account Fornaroli’s apology and the fact English is his second language Bruno’s comments on the stage after the Westfield FFA Cup Final were inappropriate and FFA can not condone what was said,” O’Rourke said. “This is a general reminder to all players and officials that foul language is not acceptable and offends many in our community.

A Melbourne City FC statement read: “In line with FFA regulations, Melbourne City FC has conducted an internal review of the player’s language at the FFA Cup Final trophy presentation at AAMI Park. He regrets his use of unsuitable language and has apologised.”

The guy lives and breathes football, plays his heart out for the shirt, and he'd just led his team to their first trophy. Thank goodness FFA has had some sense about this, and everyone can put it behind them and move on. Well played Greg O'Rourke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fensaddler said:

It's the aim of a lot of opposition players and managers to achieve this.  Not sure we have a plan B if it happens.

Cahill to striker would be fine, even Genreau and Crowley from the youth team would be worth a try.

28 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I am currently in Uruguay, had a kid ask where I was from and when I said melbourne he went nuts and asked me if I knew Bruno. They all seem to know him here and love that I know him. They're all also surprised how well he's doing in Aus.

Inb4 national team selection

6 hours ago, strider said:

Pretty shit lately. Won't win golden boot. Start Cahill striker instead, bench him

I wouldn't blame him. Doesn't help when oppositions are specifically trying to get him out of the game. I think we need Cahill playing as well to take some of the attention off him a give him some space. 

Plus the service we've given Bruno in the last two matches has been hopeless.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Apparently Bruno apologised to the whole team today. Hopefully Bouz did too!

...and we should get behind him, and not on his back. He loves football and busts his gut for this club and we should be with him all the way.

• Like 2

Just now, jw1739 said:

...and we should get behind him, and not on his back. He loves football and busts his gut for this club and we should be with him all the way.

That's the other thing. All we wanted, when we were miserable Heart fans watching us get smashed, was for someone to show some passion and sacrifice for the shirt. Bruno has delivered this from day 1, and that's why we shouldn't get down on him after a lean patch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Definitely. 

In other countries that are apparently more passionate than us about the game he would have received several death threats. 

The keeper pulled 2 massive saves out of his arse and I doubt he will ever match that.

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Absolutely. Bruno can do no wrong in my eyes. He is the player we have been screaming out for since our creation back in 2008 and the first club captain to bring us silverware. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

AND, getting very frustrated every week. So i can see him calling it quits at season end .

Players that give 100% every week are worth their weight in gold. Players that have skill on top of that are even better. We have one of those, and yet we still starve him of service. And yet he is still equal top of the golden boot. We are not worthy.

• jw1739 locked this topic