Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

Fornaroli has just said on radio that he is coming to Melbourne City:

FORNAROLI: "I TRAVEL ON SUNDAY, IT DECIDED TO FAMILY"

July 7, 2015

"This came from scouting Manchester City in Argentina. The representative of Bertolo know me, first I said no and then decided with the family. The Melbourne City of Australia is one of the Manchester clubs like New York City and Yokohama. I travel Sunday to the medical examination in Manchester and back. I spoke with the coach and the Prof. I was told of Uruguayans who are residing there and they make you feel at home. " (Bruno Fornaroli, at 9:35, "100% Sport" Sport 890).

http://www.tenfield.com.uy/fornaroli-lo-decidi-con-la-familia/

Welcome!

Edited by jw1739
Title change

Based on his not so prolific goal scoring record , can't see him being anything but a spud based on some people interpretation that we play in a league akin the English Championship so the leagues he has played in are far inferior

• Like 1

So all that needs to be done is a medical and to sign the papers.

Might not be a bad signing considering he's under the cap and a good age, probably on less than what Sorenson would get tbh.

This is the cfg scouts out of thin air type signing we were all hopeful of happening when we were taken over. Cautiously optimistic about how this will turn out.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 3

Based on his not so prolific goal scoring record , can't see him being anything but a spud based on some people interpretation that we play in a league akin the English Championship so the leagues he has played in are far inferior

All the leagues he has played in are better than the A-League, and, apart from Serie B and Segunda division which are debatable, are better then the English Championship. 

Fornaroli has just said on radio that he is coming to Melbourne City:

FORNAROLI: "I TRAVEL ON SUNDAY, IT DECIDED TO FAMILY"

July 7, 2015

"This came from scouting Manchester City in Argentina. The representative of Bertolo know me, first I said no and then decided with the family. The Melbourne City of Australia is one of the Manchester clubs like New York City and Yokohama. I travel Sunday to the medical examination in Manchester and back. I spoke with the coach and the Prof. I was told of Uruguayans who are residing there and they make you feel at home. " (Bruno Fornaroli, at 9:35, "100% Sport" Sport 890).

http://www.tenfield.com.uy/fornaroli-lo-decidi-con-la-familia/

Welcome!

Seems a bit reluctant to come here doesnt he. ahaha

How can their club confirm it, what if he fails the medical?

South American teams have a bad habit of "announcing" signings when all they actually mean is that they have come to an agreement with either the club or the player. Still, it's an indication that it's on the cards.

Spurs and Real Madrid wanted to sign this guy in 2008 for around £4 million

The bloke clearly has ability but hasn't been able to string it together for a club yet.

He's going to be a punt, but one worth taking imo. Could be anything.

At a height of 1.75m, I'm worried he is too tall to be a centre forward under JVS. Might need him to peel wide and put crosses into the box for Germano.

From some of those youtube clips alone, it looks like he can score a goal or three from his head.

So you're probably correct above :)

On one hand - Juande Ramos wanted to sign him at Spurs on the advice of Gus Poyet (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1017169/Spurs-boss-Ramos-lining-shock-4m-Uruguayan-striker-Bruno-Fornaroli.html)

On the other hand - Goal named him Top 10 Flop Signings Serie A (http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2009/04/21/1218407/goalcom-special-10-worst-serie-a-transfers-2008-09)

So then we have to wonder is he a flop full stop, or that he just wasn't cut out for Serie A and could get to work in a level like the A League... 

It's so hard to tell isn't it? Will he be a good pickup or a flop?

As so many people on here have previously posted, you just have to look at Berisha as an example of plucking some obscure name who ends up being an absolute winner in the HAL.

On the other hand, you can refer to someone like Palanca (played for Real Madrid) last year at Adelaide, yet really did jack...

No different from any other overseas signing really, is it? Some work out, some don't.

Overall though, people (including me) have been asking for the CFG scouting network to deliver us something. They came up with Harry N., who has impressed many, and now Bruno F. IMO we should see how he goes. At least the club seems to be thinking outside the box more often now. So welcome to Bruno!

Hell, it's not as if some of our local signings and re-signings have been that crash hot is it?

Need to rename this thread 'El Tuna'

Anywho lots of players succeed and fail in different leagues for lots of reasons, going by those interviews he seems like the type that needs to feel 'welcome' and 'at home' so thats the first thing the club needs to do for him.

• jw1739 featured and unfeatured this topic

No different from any other overseas signing really, is it? Some work out, some don't.

Overall though, people (including me) have been asking for the CFG scouting network to deliver us something. They came up with Harry N., who has impressed many, and now Bruno F. IMO we should see how he goes. At least the club seems to be thinking outside the box more often now. So welcome to Bruno!

Hell, it's not as if some of our local signings and re-signings have been that crash hot is it?

This will be a good test of the scouting ability of CFG. For me so far they are at ~66%.

Koren - fail

Duff - pass
Novillo - big pass

I'd be less iffy about this signing (and rumored Sorenson signing) if we weren't pissing away our international marquee spot on a confirmed failure. Given Koren is sticking around, we really need to nail our other 4 visa spots. Novillo was a good start, but this guy seems fairly risky and I'm not sure a visa GK is really necessary.

• Like 2

A name for this club is important.  A no-name Sth American (which is worse than a no-name European IMO) and a failed marquee plus an overseas GK in a country where catching a ball is more common than using a pen?  Totally underwhelming give the decisive importance of getting the imports right in the league.

A name for this club is important.  A no-name Sth American (which is worse than a no-name European IMO) and a failed marquee plus an overseas GK in a country where catching a ball is more common than using a pen?  Totally underwhelming give the decisive importance of getting the imports right in the league.

Yeah, because signing big name players and remaining largely shit on the field has done wonders for us thus far.

• Like 2

• jw1739 locked this topic