Melbourne Football

Adelaide away games 15/16

Baka1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got mates who are keen on the Adelaide Cup Monday 14th March wasn't sure about it until I just saw City playing the Friday night. Might make a long weekend of it. 

I just looked it up out of interest and I must say I am surprised it took until 2006 for the Adelaide Cup to be downgraded from a G1 to a G2 I would thought it would have been the late 90's/early 2000's as the last real noteworthy horses to win it were mid 90's. 

(I am also kind of surprised TBH  it's still worth 400k and is not a G3 with the general move in Australia towards clubs focusing more on Sprint Races and upgrading their prize money in favour of Distance Events... not that I agree with such a move.)

I have never been myself, I am guessing from the way its spoken about it's obviously like the Perth Cup where it's nowhere near the best race in that State in terms of Horses on show but still the most well attended and bet on in regards to local races.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...