Melbourne Football

2015 City FFA Cup Campaign: Semi Final V The Cap Cheats in Perth

Dylan

You can only imagine the excitement and interest in the club and game itself would be created if we were to face mv in the final of the FFA cup. 

If we won (anything is possible) club would sing up many new members and kick off the season with a trophy and huge boost in reputation as someone to who will matter going forward. 

Such a wasted opportunity. Thanks JVS. You've truly fuked it up for everyone. 

• Like 2

If Portaloo played this loss would have been his fault. Since he didn't the loss is JVS' fault. It was always going to be the fault of the forum whipping boys. Not to mention Clisby it his fault because he well it's Clisby. No mention of other guys going missing in the second half....

If we won this and lost this weekend people would have said the league is more important than the cup. This was a lose/ lose all along for the club. They tried to hedge their bets it fail boated. 

• Like 1

In any case it shouldn't be beyond a professional footballer who's been training since June to play matches Saturday-Wednesday-Sunday, even with the travel to Perth. Professionals in Europe do it all the time. Non-league semi-professionals often are required for two matches per week - team I supported in England often played Saturday afternoon and then Monday evening.

True but remember that European clubs also have larger squads making squad rotation possible without having to play ⅔ team of youth players. They also don't play in 35 degree heat. I think that the main problem for us though stems from the small number of fit players available, we now have a complete full team of unavailable players

True but remember that European clubs also have larger squads making squad rotation possible without having to play ⅔ team of youth players. They also don't play in 35 degree heat. I think that the main problem for us though stems from the small number of fit players available, we now have a complete full team of unavailable players

I'm not referring only to top leagues Bela. Plenty of lower league clubs playing 40+ league matches per season (e.g. England League 1 46 league matches and more if you're involved in the play-offs), plus various cups and friendlies. They may not have the heat to contend with, but they can be playing in temperatures between less than zero to over 30 in a season and on some pretty crappy pitches with pretty crappy facilities. 

If we won this and lost this weekend people would have said the league is more important than the cup.

For me, his is still the case and if we win the league I will forgive and forget.

But what bothered me about the game was not so much that we lost, but it was that yet again nobody at the club seemed to give a shit. Once again we were sloppy, lazy, unorganized and for the most part disinterested. Had we fought for the 90 mins and played well but happened to go down to a better team then OK, but Perth were not good and we should have smacked them. 

Ironically, this club does not have and never has had any Heart. There is no pride in playing for the shirt and that is a leadership problem. Its something that has been a problem since day one.

• Like 4

For me, his is still the case and if we win the league I will forgive and forget.

But what bothered me about the game was not so much that we lost, but it was that yet again nobody at the club seemed to give a shit. Once again we were sloppy, lazy, unorganized and for the most part disinterested. Had we fought for the 90 mins and played well but happened to go down to a better team then OK, but Perth were not good and we should have smacked them. 

Ironically, this club does not have and never has had any Heart. There is no pride in playing for the shirt and that is a leadership problem. Its something that has been a problem since day one.

I hear you. I guess I was just poking fun at the world is ending mentality we have here. Winning league looks a while off at the moment just quietly. I do think there are some positive signs though.

• Like 2

Kisnorbo deserves to be dropped but the timing is very poor. We needed him this game. 

I didn't watch the match so I can't really comment on the performance of the team. But that statement says a whole lot - Kisnorbo is not playing to the standard required but there are no replacements because of the injury toll and poor recruitment. Now some of those injuries were a hang over from last season but an increasing amount is coming from when the new support team took over. This is a real concern because it implies that we are not likely to see any improvement this season regarding injuries. The poor recruitment - well Hughes is meant to compete with Kisnorbo for that starting spot but he has had a soft tissue injury from day 1. I am fed up with the club recruiting injury prone players.

• Like 1

Man I picked up more green lines in that game than Jake Carlisle on St Patrick's Day.

It's been obvious that Kisnorbo is not at his best right now, but you don't leave him and Paartalu out when you are playing a bunch of unco Neanderthals. Their tactics, of men behind the ball, long balls & set pieces were very predictable & we didn't have anyone who could deal with it. We might have dominated when the ball was on the deck, but to be honest the score flattered us. They could have easily had 3 more from the raft of free headers we gave them at corners.

Paddy came on and won header after header but it was too late by then.

• Like 2

...yet again nobody at the club seemed to give a shit. ...Ironically, this club does not have and never has had any Heart. There is no pride in playing for the shirt and that is a leadership problem. Its something that has been a problem since day one.

On the field there isn't a single player remaining from S1, and only Willo from Melbourne Heart. Off the field just about every position is filled by someone new, and there are a whole lot of additional positions as well. Except there are just a very small number of people who were with the club from Day 1 and are still there.

Don't think it's rocket science to deduce where the root of the problem lies.

• Like 1

JVS:

I made the changes because I wanted to, not to rest players. I picked a team I thought and believed could do well and they showed it in the first half. I am looking at the longer term and at this moment I think we need to change things up to make the next step.

So either way, whether it was because of this Sunday's game or because of giving new players a chance to play the decision to field the team he did had less to do with getting the desired outcome and more to do with the 'long term' as he puts it.  

JVS:

So either way, whether it was because of this Sunday's game or because of giving new players a chance to play the decision to field the team he did had less to do with getting the desired outcome and more to do with the 'long term' as he puts it.  

Longer term. Take the next step.

Ok then JVS, no problem. Either come home with the dunny seat at the end of the season or dont come home at all

On the field there isn't a single player remaining from S1, and only Willo from Melbourne Heart. Off the field just about every position is filled by someone new, and there are a whole lot of additional positions as well. Except there are just a very small number of people who were with the club from Day 1 and are still there.

Don't think it's rocket science to deduce where the root of the problem lies.

re Melbourne Heart players. Apologies for being anal but surely the following all played as Heart (apart from Willo):

Garruccio, Mauk, Velaphi, Retre, Kisnorbo.

re Melbourne Heart players. Apologies for being anal but surely the following all played as Heart (apart from Willo):

Garruccio, Mauk, Velaphi, Retre, Kisnorbo.

You're correct so humble grovellings. What I meant to illustrate is that only Willo remains from the senior squad under JvS' first stint as manager (according to my notes that's correct). And what with all the other changes (including ownership), for example in assistants such as Gerard Nus, Simone Ripamonti and the others, and the newly-arrived backroom staff, there has been a massive turnover in personnel. So really the club is carrying very few "legacy" people, and so there should not be any legacy issues, unless that small number of people has a causal connection to those issues.

You're correct so humble grovellings. What I meant to illustrate is that only Willo remains from the senior squad under JvS' first stint as manager (according to my notes that's correct). And what with all the other changes (including ownership), for example in assistants such as Gerard Nus, Simone Ripamonti and the others, and the newly-arrived backroom staff, there has been a massive turnover in personnel. So really the club is carrying very few "legacy" people, and so there should not be any legacy issues, unless that small number of people has a causal connection to those issues.

JD and his bro are still there too. Basically the same under performing muppets in key areas. Even Munn must take his share of the blame (even though he bought some blokes on here beers at some stage and therefore must be the messiah)

JD and his bro are still there too. Basically the same under performing muppets in key areas. Even Munn must take his share of the blame (even though he bought some blokes on here beers at some stage and therefore must be the messiah)

i like your cynicism, join my platoon young master 

Nice work reading between my lines.

buy me a few beers* and I will start agitating on here for you to get Munn's job.

* beer must be bought regularly and be of suitable quality.  Agitation will cease if beer stops.

Edited by Shahanga