Melbourne Football

Corey Gamiero

kingofhearts

If we add Maclaren and, assuming the rumours are true, Novillo it would leave us with way more attack than previous. How do you think we ought to use all of our attackers? Kennedy, Gameiro, Maclaren, Novillo, Marino (and someone mentioned Dekker'd get a chance this year). What do you reckon? Spoilt for choice

Have to consider Williams too. I'd imagine that he'd be on a fair amount of money and should we sign Maclaren and Novillo, I struggle to see where he fits in. 

If we add Maclaren and, assuming the rumours are true, Novillo it would leave us with way more attack than previous. How do you think we ought to use all of our attackers? Kennedy, Gameiro, Maclaren, Novillo, Marino (and someone mentioned Dekker'd get a chance this year). What do you reckon? Spoilt for choice

Id put Kuzi ahead of Marino and well ahead of Dekker

• Like 3

True! Completely forgot. Add him in there.

Kennedy, Gameiro, Maclaren, Novillo, Kuzi, Marino, Dekker, Williams.

What do we do with them?

What do we do with them?

play a 1-1-8 formation

• Like 1

Looks like he's been given the number 7..

Just like at Celtic and Liverpool - He has a legacy to continue in the Number Seven... :wormy:

Hopefully all these confirmed signings of half decent to decent attacking players will pave the way to Williams playing as an impact sub (The only role his capable of) or better still for one of the league's Provincial Clubs.

Kuzi can't be named as a starting player. He's unproven at a league level and must be brought in as a sub, which is what will happen anyway. Hoping Kennedy decides not to continue on as if he is questioning his commitment now then I wonder what his commitment will be like come preseason and the start of the season. 

Honestly, if anyone isn't happy with this signing... get your head on screwed right. 

We've all (me included) have complained about not having a decent, tall, quick and strong frontman - we now have that. Only thing is... will the previous ACL hinder his performance? 

Honestly, if anyone isn't happy with this signing... get your head on screwed right. 

We've all (me included) have complained about not having a decent, tall, quick and strong frontman - we now have that. Only thing is... will the previous ACL hinder his performance? 

I agree but how many strikers have gone onto to have prolific seasons after returning from an ACL injury?

Will this guy even be available come round 1?

I agree he looked very dangerous in pre-season and early season before getting injured.

We can only hope that City have done their due diligence with respect to his injury. Sydney and Arnold offered him a new contract, but at a reduced wage because of the injury; again, we can only hope that we haven't offered him too much.

I agree but how many strikers have gone onto to have prolific seasons after returning from an ACL injury?

Will this guy even be available come round 1?

I agree he looked very dangerous in pre-season and early season before getting injured.

no really a striker but Finkler

They don't have to be tall and strong. Just a good finisher 

• Like 1

Thats why it is paramount now we sign McLaren. For insurance.

But grear signing. Novillo+goalkeeper+McLaren+decent LB and were set

Got to place a bit of trust in the brand new sports science team they've just brought in to know what they're doing. Even in his little interview video he mentions having to come do a medical, it's not like we've just signed him on a whim.

• Like 2

They don't have to be tall and strong. Just a good finisher 

What about short, weak and a horrific finisher... we sure had one of those a couple of season's ago.

• Like 2

Genuinely disappointed at the lack of one-size-fits-all number 34 training kit in his interview. I feel like it's a tradition broken.

I know that I've seen a fraction of the amount of this guy that you have, but I'm happy with this. From the times I've seen him play us, he's always looked a very bright talent. Really interested to see him playing up front next season.

• Like 4

Just realised my English was hella broken in that last post.

But yeah, I reckon he's a good signing. I didn't follow him too much in previous seasons but can he play on the wing? I think I recall him chipping Redders while cutting in from the left wing but not sure if he can actually play there as opposed to a target man. Would be handy if he could - certainly seems like he has the pace

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/gameiro-reveals-ange-text

Gameiro reveals Ange text

Promising striker Corey Gameiro is clearly in Ange Postecoglou’s thoughts after the Melbourne City signing revealed a text message he received from the Socceroos coach.

After a prolific start, Gameiro’s 2014-15 season with Sydney FC was ended prematurely in November when he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury.

The former Fulham striker’s form at the time had some suggesting he was an outside chance for Australia’s 2015 Asian Cup squad and it seems he was in the frame with Postecoglou.

"When I got injured I actually got a text from Ange," Gameiro revealed after City confirmed his acquisition from Sydney FC on Monday morning.

"He was nice enough to send a message, which my family and I thought was very respectful from him, because we didn’t expect to hear from him.

"It was like, 'Keep your head up. Keep moving forward. You don’t know what the future holds'.

"That was good to read when I was down in the dumps, to know at least the manager had enough thought to send me a text and I still hope to one day repay him for that."

Postecoglou monitors Australian players across the world closely but has previously admitted he rarely contacts them personally, leaving that to his support staff.

Gameiro's admission bodes well for the 22-year-old who has represented Australia at under-23 and under-20 level.

The Wollongong-born striker also revealed his road to recovery from the long-term knee injury is coming along well.

“I’m ahead of schedule at the moment. I’m doing well," Gameiro said.

“Everyone keeps saying the same thing, 'Just relax, be patient and make sure you do everything right'."

Gameiro has penned a two-year deal and will link up with his new team-mates for training at the end of June.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/gameiro-reveals-ange-text#0JQJfzSe1UAou8s3.99

The interview on the City website mentioned the Ange text message: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/video/exclusive---corey-gameiro-s-first-melbourne-city-fc-interview/1264694

Just watched the interview, and Gameiro sounds like a good level-headed bloke. Also it's clear that Melbourne City's facilities are really impressing A-League footballers.

Undoubtedly a good signing for us. We've needed some more quality up front, and to have a player like Gameiro who's scored a number of goals in the A-League, and in International youth competition (for the Olyroos, etc.), and promises to score a lot more with just a little bit of development, is very welcome.

Really looking forward to seeing a talented young striker at Melbourne City again next season, and I'm sure Gameiro will give supporters something to get excited about.

Edited by Murfy1

What do we do with them?

dont worry people. JVS will know what to do.

• Like 2

What do we do with them?

Play them at left back?

What do we do with them?

Play them at left back?

All of them...at the same time...

• Like 1