Melbourne Football

Your worst Heart/City XI

Dylan

Redmayne

Walker                            Mitchinson                     Gray                     Hoffman

Grella

Williams                           Migliorini

Mebrahtu                                           Mifsud                                     Ramsay

Roganovic Macalister Koren Vrankovic

Edited by Dylan

Redmayne

Gray  -  Colosimo

Grella

Mifsud x7

Coach: John Aloisi

Edited by OG-12

Keeper: Redmayne

Defenders: Hoffman, Gray, Ramsay

Midfield: Meeuwis, *. Edwards

Forwards: Williams, Mifsud, Maycon, Worm, 

Coach: Mr 'I'm all Heart' Aloisi + 'Pizza Boy' Foxe

Bench: Roganovic, Ibrahim, Coyne, Archibald

Boardroom: Sidwell et al.

Ref: Ben Williams...

Mascot: Bluey

* Grella or Germano both still on the treatment table so unable to play(2 weeks)

• Like 3

Roganovic;

Archibald, Gray, Coyne,Ramsay

Worm,Meeuwis, Miglorini;

Golgol, Maycon, mifdud.

apologies to the other candidates that only missed inclusion by a whisker, of making the first 11

unfortunately 28 into 11 just doesn't fit 

Edited by japiedog

This is one team list where Heart/City are really competitive, if only there was this level of competition for place with our Best XI :wub:

On a serious note...these Best/Worst XI threads just highlight how poor we have been over our five seasons. Even the various Best XIs put forward wouldn't have won any silverware. And we've still got deadwood going forward into 2015/16...

Migliorini was great if you want the occasional cracking goal, not so useful if you want something like a pass occasionally finding a teammate. The bloke looked good in his first few games because he worked himself into the ground, but once he started to get on the ball more frequently and distribute it he was utterly deplorable. He made Mass look like Xavi.

Edited by mus-28

I also thought Miglorini wasn't that bad. and did score a screamer against Adelaide.

Surely he was better then Paul Reid

We took Migliorini out of a low-level Italian league knowing full well that that's what he was. I don't think he really let us down. Where we've gone wrong is signing players who have been OK, even good, elsewhere and then seen them fall to pieces under our management. That's the indictment of Melbourne Heart and now City.

I also thought Miglorini wasn't that bad. and did score a screamer against Adelaide.

We took Migliorini out of a low-level Italian league knowing full well that that's what he was. I don't think he really let us down. Where we've gone wrong is signing players who have been OK, even good, elsewhere and then seen them fall to pieces under our management. That's the indictment of Melbourne Heart and now City.

Actually that's the really sad thing. Most players that come to us end up being worse. Apart from Behich has any player left and has reached a higher level. Babaj and Good have injuries to blame. But I can't think of any/many players going on to play at a higher level.

We took Migliorini out of a low-level Italian league knowing full well that that's what he was. I don't think he really let us down. Where we've gone wrong is signing players who have been OK, even good, elsewhere and then seen them fall to pieces under our management. That's the indictment of Melbourne Heart and now City.Actually that's the really sad thing. Most players that come to us end up being worse. Apart from Behich has any player left and has reached a higher level. Babaj and Good have injuries to blame. But I can't think of any/many players going on to play at a higher level. Behich last season (2013-14) was dogshit, we made him worse in the end Edited by Tonyboozeadams

We took Migliorini out of a low-level Italian league knowing full well that that's what he was. I don't think he really let us down. Where we've gone wrong is signing players who have been OK, even good, elsewhere and then seen them fall to pieces under our management. That's the indictment of Melbourne Heart and now City.Actually that's the really sad thing. Most players that come to us end up being worse. Apart from Behich has any player left and has reached a higher level. Babaj and Good have injuries to blame. But I can't think of any/many players going on to play at a higher level. Behich last season (2013-14) was dogshit, we made him worse in the end

True. But this season he has improved and has been a regular and also got into the socceroos breifly. So even after being poisoned by us he has recovered.

Redmayne

Weilart             Colosimo        Gray          Ramsay

Hoffman            Meeuwis

Koren 

Dugandzic (post injury) Maycon                 Mis-fud

I specifically excluded youth players, as that struck me as "unfair"

REDMAYNE

COYNE           BEAUCHAMP   GRAY   HEFFERNAN

GRELLA

MEEUWIS                 SARKIES

MAYCON        MIFSUD            RAMSAY ©

We took Migliorini out of a low-level Italian league knowing full well that that's what he was. I don't think he really let us down. Where we've gone wrong is signing players who have been OK, even good, elsewhere and then seen them fall to pieces under our management. That's the indictment of Melbourne Heart and now City. Actually that's the really sad thing. Most players that come to us end up being worse. Apart from Behich has any player left and has reached a higher level. Babaj and Good have injuries to blame. But I can't think of any/many players going on to play at a higher level. I can't think of many league wide that have gone on to play at a higher level.

Does rogic count?

We took Migliorini out of a low-level Italian league knowing full well that that's what he was. I don't think he really let us down. Where we've gone wrong is signing players who have been OK, even good, elsewhere and then seen them fall to pieces under our management. That's the indictment of Melbourne Heart and now City.Actually that's the really sad thing. Most players that come to us end up being worse. Apart from Behich has any player left and has reached a higher level. Babaj and Good have injuries to blame. But I can't think of any/many players going on to play at a higher level.I can't think of many league wide that have gone on to play at a higher level.

Does rogic count?Mile Jedinak, Mat Ryan and Trent Sainsbury are a couple of good examples, all from the Mariners too

Edited by GreenSeater

Actually that's the really sad thing. Most players that come to us end up being worse. Apart from Behich has any player left and has reached a higher level. Babaj and Good have injuries to blame. But I can't think of any/many players going on to play at a higher level.

I realise that you mean at higher league level but I would include Goodwin who managed to escape the clutches of both Heart and Jets to building a decent career at AU; perhaps Marrone who has been hampered by injury but is on AUs books.

After Misfud - Hoffman put in the worst performances we ever had line up at CF, at least Maycon scored a goal at CF that was not a massive deflection... he also has not inflicted pain on us for several seasons like Hoffman.

Also Gol Gol doesn't belong in these teams over some of the others  could be named on a wing like Kamal as there was a period in S3 where he was turning in some pretty good performances and looking like he might reach an higher level. he also won us a few points by making much more dangerous from set pieces when he was on the pitch.

Also lot of other players put in worse performances at Full Back than Coyne as well... his was chubby and workmanlike but did not cost us goals like some others did on a regular basis.

Migs is an interesting one as he was horrific defensively as a DM but as mentioned before did have good goal sense for someone in that position... still there were more negatives about his game than positives considering what position he was playing.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

After Misfud - Hoffman put in the worst performances we ever had line up at CF, at least scored a goal at CF that was not a massive deflection.

Also Gol Gol doesn't belong in these teams over some of the others  could be named on a wing like Kamal as there was a period in S3 where he was turning in some pretty good performances and looking like he might reach an higher level. he also won us a few points by making much more dangerous from set pieces when he was on the pitch.

Also lot of other players put in worse performances at Full Back than Coyne as well... his was chubby and workmanlike but did not cost us goals like some others did on a regular basis.

Sam Mitchinson urgh

Really the problem for us is not so much "spuds" but rather too many mediocre players. Not many guys were hopeless (perhaps Meuwis Maycpn & Redmayne?) but the mediocre guys need quality around them for the team to perform but instead of that we've just had more mediocre players.

The worst part is that many of these bench or role players were foreign imports.

• Like 1

Really the problem for us is not so much "spuds" but rather too many mediocre players. Not many guys were hopeless (perhaps Meuwis Maycpn & Redmayne?) but the mediocre guys need quality around them for the team to perform but instead of that we've just had more mediocre players.

The worst part is that many of these bench or role players were foreign imports.

Was thinking the same thing over breakfast. We haven't really had any game-changing players who can impose themselves on a match. Also we've never seemed to have had the necessary on-field leadership or team spirit to lift the team to grab or hold on to points.

• Like 1

Was thinking the same thing over breakfast. We haven't really had any game-changing players who can impose themselves on a match. Also we've never seemed to have had the necessary on-field leadership or team spirit to lift the team to grab or hold on to points.

Well we had Orlando for a third of a Season and that is about it... 

Meiling certainly looks to be someone who if he stays fit could be a game changer and def someone who can impose himself on a match.

I would also argue that Thompson was some what of a game changer at Newy and could have been more of a Game Changer/Imposer for us in his first two Seasons if he had been properly deployed as a Box to Box midfielder... and to his credit he did change the outcome of a Famous Derby Win in a few minutes.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Rogonovic

Archibold Grey Coyne Ramsy

Hoffman

Meeuis    Miller

Macallister                Koren

Mifsud

I see koren as more of a major let down than a terrible player. I rate him the highest out of all those in this squad

Everyone has forgotten liam miller. probably because he only played 100 minutes and ran in circles the whole time..       

Edited by Hazzaverx

There are so many version of this team...

There is the team where you list the biggest let downs: Koren, Worm, Mispud.

Those where you list just in general the biggest duds: Gray, Roga, that fat dutch bloke and a host of others.

And then third and finally where you list those who seem to inflect the most amount of consistent pain for the longest time: Ramsey, Redders, Hoff, Mass, and Mispud again.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

Couldn't consider Mass to be in our worst XI

Mass > Sarkies

Mass = Srhoj

Shroj was much more important to the sides grinding out wins than Mass was... but I probably agree about your assessment about Sarkies by the time he came to us he was shot.