Melbourne Football

Our next marquee....again (btw 1000th topic)

Baka1

33 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Next marquee is Bruno

This.

There is no way we could find a better striker than El Tuna. I seriously don't think that a (say) £15M transfer fee for Shane Long would have got us a better striker. Bruno's had a tough time of it in his career I reckon. We make him a good offer he'll stay, but if you don't think Evergrande are coming with a big fee & bigger pay cheque "you're dreaming"

Edited by Shahanga
Grammar

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

This.

There is no way we could find a better striker than El Tuna. I seriously don't think that a (say) £15M transfer fee for Shane Long would have got us a better striker. Bruno's had a tough time of it in his career I reckon. We make him a good offer he'll stay, but if you don't think Evergrande are coming with a big fee & bigger pay cheque "you're dreaming"

This. Especially cnsidering he's on track to break the A-League season goals record (currently 19 in regular season. 21 including finals)

Why cant we just upgrade one for Koren - pay him $1-2 million for the remainder of this season on the agreement he signs under the cap for the next 2.

Saves us a spot for next year. Upgrade the other then if we have to, although both signed 2 year deals didnt they?

Oh, then watch the meltdown from the rest of the league.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

Why cant we just upgrade one for Koren - pay him $1-2 million for the remainder of this season on the agreement he signs under the cap for the next 2.

Saves us a spot for next year. Upgrade the other then if we have to, although both signed 2 year deals didnt they?

Oh, then watch the meltdown from the rest of the league.

If they haven't closed the loophole yet this is a brilliant idea, can't be to in yang face over doing it though as it might get shutdown very quickly

I remain confident that we will have a big-name no. 10 foreign marquee next season. If we do happen to make the ACL on this current season's results CFG will want us to make a big statement in that competition, and if we don't then they certainly will demand A-League silverware next season. They haven't invested in Melbourne City for us to faff around season after season with nothing to show for it.

I haven't a clue on names. Just confident CFG will do whatever it takes to deliver.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Money said:

You would think with CFG owning a team in Japan that they would have plenty of scouts in the region. An Asian marquee would be extremely handy if (and I think when) we are playing acl next year

Just a minority shareholder though.. but I´m sure that CFG got scouts in Asia as well

If you're gonna play 3 at the back with the wing backs both pushing up at the same time, you need one of your midfielders to be sitting right in front of the back 4 always if the ball turns over. When we're attacking we're leaving 3v2 at the back a lot of the time and if the DM is easily bypassed by the ball carrier it's then 3v3. Mooy, Malik & Paartalu would be my preferred trio with Malik able to slot in and make it a back 4 immediately with Melling and Clisby occupying the full back slots until we get numbers back.

think vidic is the wrong way to look at this (and retired).

We need a couple of defense Bruno's - trust CFG to find a defender or 2 nobody would know if they stood up in their porridge, but are in their prime footballing age and struggling but not flying at a higher level. They have no injury history and can be relied upon for 90 minutes.

We dont 'need' Nesta and Cannavaro.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Just watched Garcia. Quality. We need a marquee to take the silverware, the quality and impacted they make is just a level up from the majority of our players. Hopefully a Koren replacement will be named.

He's got nothing on Koren though.

This is more a dream than anything that will happen

Atletico Madrid have decided not to make Fernando Torres loan from AC Milan permanent

Throw everything we have at him for next season at 31 years old he still has football left in him and would be deadly with Bruno

I know he will probably end up in Asia if he leaves Europe but it would be a massive sign of intent by CFG