Melbourne Football

Our next marquee....again (btw 1000th topic)

Baka1

12 minutes ago, Falastur said:

I'm not sure what I think about this. Thing is, since his one amazing season in Swansea, he's done a grand total of nothing with his career. The fact that he's currently playing for a fourth tier amateur club says it all.

Sounds like he's right up our alley then...at least being 29 he's not over the hill like Koren.

6 minutes ago, haz said:

Michu won't come,  he moved to that amateur team because he wanted to closer to be his family in Oviedo and he never enjoyed being in the spot light 

Don't forget Bruno rejected the idea of coming to Melbourne at first, pretty much on the same basis of being "home." It was when he thought more about the opportunity of joining the CFG empire that he said "yes."

Michu has had persistent ankle injuries and operations.

Edited by jw1739

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Don't forget Bruno rejected the idea of coming to Melbourne at first, pretty much on the same basis of being "home." It was when he thought more about the opportunity of joining the CFG empire that he said "yes."

Michu has had persistent ankle injuries and operations.

perfect signing for us then

6 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Allegedly earns more than Messi after tax in UAE...

i knew he was on massive coin, just figured with us being owned by CFG, we could afford him and with the middle eastern connection. 

but didn't know he was on that kind of coin. 

i was just pointing out that i really like watching him play

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Yeah he would be great. New York has used all its DP positions right?

I'm not sure Dylan,  if they have, then maybe that theory that someone on here thought up could happen. Which is Lampard comes to us and Martín Demichelis takes his DP place 

11 minutes ago, haz said:

Some rumours of Martín Demichelis leaving Manchester in January to either join us or New York. 

Thoughts?  He's 35 years old,  I'm not sure about his injury history 

Won't go. City lack CB depth and currently playing regularly while Kompany is out. Will leave at the end of the season for River Plate.

13 minutes ago, haz said:

Some rumours of Martín Demichelis leaving Manchester in January to either join us or New York. 

His durable however about useless as defender you can get from the premier league, take it from me, I've watched a lot of him this season.

13 minutes ago, haz said:

His durable however about useless as defender you can get from the premier league, take it from me, I've watched a lot of him this season.

6 minutes ago, drewmelbcity said:

That is in the EPL mind you... If he came here id prefer him in the midfield. But he needs to grow his hair back first

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

How amazing would it be if we got Ronaldinho 8 years after JVS joked about getting him.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/latest-transfer-rumours-dortmund-give-klopp-green-light-guardiola-and-messi-to-man-city/news-story/ae011e66dfccc6ea76c020862bcf1180

That would be an exclamation mark on CFGs inprint (not sure if that's already been posted).

And of course have to mention Samaras. 

Edited by mulhollanddrive

5 hours ago, drewmelbcity said:

I couldn't disagree with you more. Has struggled at times, especially at the start of this season, but is very far from useless. If he gets caught one on one for pace, then he struggles. However, in the last two games he has been more like the Demi of last season.

After Lukaku beat him for pace in the first half against Everton, he was up his arse the whole second half and gave him no space to play.

Please not Ronaldinho. He now plays every game like its a charity match. We want someone who is hungry for success and sets the standard with both training and on match day. Something Ronaldinho no longer can be bothered doing. Fair enough he's done everything. 

Edited by fortheloveofthegame
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, fortheloveofthegame said:

How can people be sh*tty with the idea of Demichelis "potentially" coming to us? He is playing for the big brother at the moment who are 3rd in the EPL! How good do you think the A League is in comparison? 

You can debate all day whether he is good or not, bottom line is he is not coming. Manchester City have two recognised fit cbs at the moment and he is one of them.

Edited by drewmelbcity

11 minutes ago, drewmelbcity said:

You can debate all day whether he is good or not, bottom line is he is not coming. Manchester City have two recognised fit cbs at the moment and he is one of them.

Agree he won't come but it pisses me off when people think that players of the caliber like Demichelis couldn't come to the A League and have a successful time here. Get over yourselves and give yourself an uppercut!

7 hours ago, fortheloveofthegame said:

Agree he won't come but it pisses me off when people think that players of the caliber like Demichelis couldn't come to the A League and have a successful time here. Get over yourselves and give yourself an uppercut!

It's not the player, it's his age.

11 hours ago, fortheloveofthegame said:

Please not Ronaldinho. He now plays every game like its a charity match. We want someone who is hungry for success and sets the standard with both training and on match day. Something Ronaldinho no longer can be bothered doing. Fair enough he's done everything. 

heard from someone he played his last match for a Club, left at half-time and flew out lmao 

18 minutes ago, Jovan said:

That actually happened to me a few years ago. We were playing and our keeper decided at half time he cbf playing any longer and jumped in his car and left. 

Still does not beat the story a Boarder told me at School about how his local Rural WA Footy Side had a Really Fat Aboriginal Full Forward who was paid a carton of Emu Export to play a game and that the other players had a roster on who had to drive an hour out of town to the local Aboriginal Community to take him to games.

Apparently the team's fortunes were so determined on this guy kicking his bag each week from sitting in the goal square that when he demanded to be able to start drinking the beer pre-game the coach reached a deal with him that he was instead allowed a six pack at half time.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jovan said:

That actually happened to me a few years ago. We were playing and our keeper decided at half time he cbf playing any longer and jumped in his car and left. 

I had a guy do that cause he was pissed off at the ref. We were playing on a dust bowl in Pittsworth(QLD). he did donuts in the car park and left

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cadete said:

Still does not beat the story a Boarder told me at School about how his local Rural WA Footy Side had a Really Fat Aboriginal Full Forward who was paid a carton of Emu Export to play a game and that the other players had a roster on who had to drive an hour out of town to the local Aboriginal Community to take him to games.

Apparently the team's fortunes were so determined on this guy kicking his bag each week from sitting in the goal square that when he demanded to be able to start drinking the beer pre-game the coach reached a deal with him that he was instead allowed a six pack at half time.

Paul Van Der Haar, Essendon FC club legend, would have fish and chips the night before the game (back then all AFL games were on a Saturday at 2:10pm) and then at half time a couple of tinnies and cigarettes. He was an automatic selection each week.

14 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Paul Van Der Haar, Essendon FC club legend, would have fish and chips the night before the game (back then all AFL games were on a Saturday at 2:10pm) and then at half time a couple of tinnies and cigarettes. He was an automatic selection each week.

80s.  Those were the days. Imagine if he played now.

We had a bloke who played 1 season at our club who was the epitome of wasted talent. Every matchday we'd ring the local pub half an hour before kick off when he hadn't arrived. Publican would go wake him up from the floor where he'd finished the night. We'd get someone to pick him up, he'd get out on the park with enough time to jog onto the field and have a spew. Would proceed to dominate. Have a post match shower and back to the pub.