Melbourne Football

Our next marquee....again (btw 1000th topic)

Baka1

3 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Ross the boss still on the outer at Villa didn’t get rumoured moves to Sunderland or Rangers on deadline day in european transfer window 

We need more goal threats and goal potency  don’t see harm in just enquiring whether we can get him on loan for the season as marquee 

I doubt that CFG will do that. If they are prepared to shell out what McCormack wants then we would have already signed, or been in the process of signing, a second marquee player. 

McCormack was an injury replacement for Bruno. Insurance was paying Bruno's wages, and we were paying Ross. What you're proposing would cost us a hell of a lot more than what we paid last season, and Marwood has already said/suggested/indicated that we're just not going to pay huge sums in the current football investment climate in Australia.

It's the Forum that keeps saying we need a second marquee. It will be CFG that decides whether we actually get one. TBH I'm a doubter that it's going to happen. We'll add to the squad, but a marquee? - let's wait and see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I doubt that CFG will do that. If they are prepared to shell out what McCormack wants then we would have already signed, or been in the process of signing, a second marquee player. 

McCormack was an injury replacement for Bruno. Insurance was paying Bruno's wages, and we were paying Ross. What you're proposing would cost us a hell of a lot more than what we paid last season, and Marwood has already said/suggested/indicated that we're just not going to pay huge sums in the current football investment climate in Australia.

It's the Forum that keeps saying we need a second marquee. It will be CFG that decides whether we actually get one. TBH I'm a doubter that it's going to happen. We'll add to the squad, but a marquee? - let's wait and see.

City probably waiting for european transfer  window to close and it has as their were rumours he was going to Sunderland or Rangers