Melbourne Football

Your Best Heart/City XI

Shahanga

Thought I'd try to liven up this forum a bit.

Name your best heart/City XI from our first 5 years.  

"The rules".

The players are selected on their performance for our club, not their record elsewhere.  eg, if you rated Grella's "3 minutes", by all means select him, but this is on his Heart form and ignores what he may have done in Serie A or for the Socceroos etc.

My Side:

Bolton

Marrone           Madaschi   Kisnorbo        Behich

Engelaar   

Fred                 Mooy

Villa                            Aloisi                     Duff  

Comments:

• Villa only played 4 games, but scored 2 goals in that and we saw glimpses of his true class.  In the end I preferred him to Terra and both ahead of Novillo.
  • Aloisi's superior strike rate gets him the nod ahead of Babalj.

• Like 2

<p>

Thought I'd try to liven up this forum a bit.

Name your best heart/City XI from our first 5 years.

"The rules".

The players are selected on their performance for our club, not their record elsewhere. eg, if you rated Grella's "3 minutes", by all means select him, but this is on his Heart form and ignores what he may have done in Serie A or for the Socceroos etc.

My Side:

Bolton

Marrone Madaschi Kisnorbo Behich

Engelaar

Fred Mooy

Villa Aloisi Duff

Comments:

• Villa only played 4 games, but scored 2 goals in that and we saw glimpses of his true class. In the end I preferred him to Terra and both ahead of Novillo.
  • Aloisi's superior strike rate gets him the nod ahead of Babalj.

You forgot your pick of coach, now this will be interesting.

• Like 4

And your team also highlights our pathetic 5 years in regards to strikers. I would prefer neither aloisi or babalj. I'm goin to pull a van schipt and play engelaar as striker as his goals per game rate is far greater than anything we have had. I believe Garcia had a better season than duff also.

Edited by drewmelbcity
  • Like 1

And your team also highlights our pathetic 5 years in regards to strikers. I would prefer neither aloisi or babalj. I'm goin to pull a van schipt and play engelaar as striker as his goals per game rate is far greater than anything we have had. I believe Garcia had a better season than duff also.

This is what I'm looking for!  Different opinions!!

I put it to you Mr drewmelbcity that Garcia had a good half a season and a poor half a season - he was rubbish after Christmas in the year he played for us.

PS fact check.  Engelaar 5 goals in 791 minutes (goal/158).  Aloisi 8 goals in 1446 minutes (goal/180).  (you are correct)

Bolton

Marrone-Kisnorbo-Madaschi-Behich

Duff---Mooy----Engelaar---Kewell

----------Garcia---------------

----------Villa----------------

Subs:Velaphi,Sibon,Aloisi,Melling,Good.

Reserver:Fred,Chapman,Terra,Paartalu,Babalj,Williams,Safuwan.

23 man squad.

Edited by Baka1

Roganovic

Hoffman Gray Archibald Ramsay

Srhoj Sarkies Migliorini

Mifsud Macallister Maycon

Bench would have to include Meeuwis and Miller.

There's a definite problem with players with surnames beginning with M...

Meeuwis and Miller would definitely be in there before Shroj and Sarkies. Whilst Sarkies did not live upto expectation he was much better than Meeuwis and Miller. As for Srhoj, players like him never get recognition for the type of work they do for the team. Whilst I do not think he was outstanding he does not deserve to be mentioned in the group of worst players for Heart. A player of his type was sorely missed in our third and fourth season.  

• Like 6

I will only ever post my best Heart/City XI when i can actually see that there are 11 players who actually gave a fuck and gave it there all, and fuck me there is only about 1-2 players who are deserving and worthy of being there. That in itself speaks volumes. Lets hope over the next 5 years where we can do a team of the decade, that there are actually 11 players worthy and deserving of being there.

Bolton

Marrone madaschi Kisnorbo Behich

Engelaar

Mooy fred

Williams aloisi Duff

Subs: Tando, babalj, sibon, good, Germano

Our forward signings have been a fucking calamity. That team still wouldn't win the league. Especially the strikers. Could replace Babalj, sibon for aloisi and wouldn't make much difference.

yes Shrjoi

Roganovic

Srhoj Sarkies Migliorini

Meeuwis and Miller would definitely be in there before Shroj and Sarkies. Whilst Sarkies did not live upto expectation he was much better than Meeuwis and Miller. As for Srhoj, players like him never get recognition for the type of work they do for the team. Whilst I do not think he was outstanding he does not deserve to be mentioned in the group of worst players for Heart. A player of his type was sorely missed in our third and fourth season.  

Shroj was always one of my favourite players, did the hard dirty unseen work, plus had a decent skill level

they made a mistake when they let him go, IMHO

Edited by japiedog

yes Shrjoi

Roganovic

Srhoj Sarkies Migliorini

Shroj was always one of my favourite players, did the hard dirty unseen work, plus had a decent skill level

they made a mistake when they let him go, IMHO

I don't think they made a mistake letting him go as I think that was the last season he would have been able to keep up (evidence by the fact that no other team touched him). I do think the club made a mistake in not replacing him or atleast using the intended replacement (Gerhadt) in that role. I think the club realised that as the main priority for the 2013-2014 season was a defensive midfielder.

Basing my team on output while with the club, left Madaschi/Villa/Duff out as they didn't play a full season. Couldn't leave Engelaar out though.

Bolton

Marrone Kisnorbo Good Behich

Engelaar Germano

Mooy Fred

Babalj Williams

Bench : Velaphi, Dugandzic, Sibon, Novillo & Garcia

Swap Novillo for Williams if he plays next season & at the same level he did this season.

Bolton

Marrone      Madaschi     Kisnorbo        Behich

Engelaar  

Fred                 Mooy

Worm                      Terra                       Duff

BENCH: KOREN, ALOISI, SIBON, SKOKO, VELAPHI

not including villa coz that was a disaster. 

Looking over these line ups, we have had some quality players. A pity Sidwell/JVS/Aloisi were in charge.

I think you have to bare in mind the high turnover of A-League players from Season to Season... its not like we were ever going to see the highest players from each Season playing together with the economic constraints the club had from S2 to S3, plus the existence of the Marquee Rule is a factor.

Orlando, Fred and Sibon as a spine for example sounds great but they were all Marquees so they never would have been in the same side they also all had major injury problems when at the club which saw them all miss a number of games... injuries also effected JA as a player.

Edit - I think Sibon may technically not have been a Marquee but he obviously was being paid an amount that the club thought was untenable if they wanted to get Fred. 

Edited by cadete

Bolton

Marrone Kisnorbo Good Beich

Engelaar

Mooy     Fred

Duff       Williams        Garcia

The fact that it took me 5 minutes to think of a striker than put Williamsl shows everything. Babalj was crap second time round, villa was good when playing. but only played four, and i liked kewell but was always injured.

Williams was good in form. But we definitely need to find our club a great striker               

I would argue that in such a side Sibon deserves to be listed as the Centre Forward.

As in such a side like this he would actually have a creative attacking midfielder like Fred behind him which we never got to see as the team was so lacking of options in Season One to play this position that he ended up having to do it himself half the time for the first time in his career.

Bolton

Kisnorbo Madaschi Good

Marrone Germano Engelaar Behich

Mooy Fred

Sibon 

still think mine is the best :P

Except for the fact that despite often playing Make shift Full Backs on many occasions the club has never tried to use the logical formation you have presented of a Back Three with Wing Backs.

• Like 1