Melbourne Football

Steve Kuzmanovski

Tesla

His shot was Dugandzic esque. Must get them on target. His cut back was quality but if he is to become a senior A League player he needs to make the most of his opportunities. 

Dekker got a few extra starts just on the back of his finish in Sydney.  Kuzi looks better than Dekker but needs to do the simple things well before he pulls out the step overs. 

His shot was Dugandzic esque. Must get them on target. His cut back was quality but if he is to become a senior A League player he needs to make the most of his opportunities. 

Dekker got a few extra starts just on the back of his finish in Sydney.  Kuzi looks better than Dekker but needs to do the simple things well before he pulls out the step overs. 

i wholeheartedly disagree. we need more step-overs and bicycle kicks 

• Like 1

His shot was Dugandzic esque. Must get them on target. His cut back was quality but if he is to become a senior A League player he needs to make the most of his opportunities

Tbf "needs to make the most of his opportunities" is a statement that could be attributed to half the senior A-League players running around, just ask David Williams.

Well said.  Couldn't agree more.

Edited by Shahanga

No one ever believes me, but I knew of Ronaldo in the Sporting days. And I mean before the CL game against Man Utd as well. Anyway, the comparisons with a young Ronaldo are fair. TBH I don't think many people ever thought Ronaldo would become anywhere near as good as he ended up being. Because he had a number of deficiencies, especially his size. But he bulked up and I think that was one thing that really took his game to another level.

I'm not saying Kuzi will become as good as Ronaldo, or that he is even as good as Ronaldo was at his age, what I'm saying is he is a similar type of player and if he bulks up I think he could become so much better as well.

Off topic, while to reach Ronaldo's level you need to win the genetic lottery, I don't think he was the most naturally gifted player in the world. He would have been close, but what made him #1 is that he is probably the hardest working bloke in world football.

• Like 2

No one ever believes me, but I knew of Ronaldo in the Sporting days. And I mean before the CL game against Man Utd as well. Anyway, the comparisons with a young Ronaldo are fair. TBH I don't think many people ever thought Ronaldo would become anywhere near as good as he ended up being. Because he had a number of deficiencies, especially his size. But he bulked up and I think that was one thing that really took his game to another level.

I'm not saying Kuzi will become as good as Ronaldo, or that he is even as good as Ronaldo was at his age, what I'm saying is he is a similar type of player and if he bulks up I think he could become so much better as well.

Off topic, while to reach Ronaldo's level you need to win the genetic lottery, I don't think he was the most naturally gifted player in the world. He would have been close, but what made him #1 is that he is probably the hardest working bloke in world football.

dont forget he's very sexy

Right about that.

Its not everyone who can claim their genetic lineage all the way back to Mr Ed, the talking horse.

If he's going to be the type of player who takes on players while ignoring safe options he is going to have to bulk up. Got pushed off the ball way too easily. Did some things well when he got around the box. But his play up around the half way line or just inside it was poor. There's no benefit to taking on two players up there. Just dish it off and move into space where you can create something more meaningful.

Has a heap of ability though look forward to seeing him progress. Get a hair cut though son.

We don't like young players in the top 0.0001% of Australian players in terms of technical ability here, we prefer the #yoof of Jeremy Walker, Sam Michinson, Ross Archibald, etc. :droy: 

Seriously, if he was anything more than extremely raw he'd be on the books of Barca or Bayern.

Enjoy the tekkers while it lasts, I'm sure some state league hack or British backpacker will break his legs within a few games, frustrated that they are getting turned in circles by a 18yo. Can't believe he survived CCM, but oh look, we're playing Newcastle next, RIP Kuzi.

We don't like young players in the top 0.0001% of Australian players in terms of technical ability here, we prefer the #yoof of Jeremy Walker, Sam Michinson, Ross Archibald, etc. :droy: 

Seriously, if he was anything more than extremely raw he'd be on the books of Barca or Bayern.

Enjoy the tekkers while it lasts, I'm sure some state league hack or British backpacker will break his legs within a few games, frustrated that they are getting turned in circles by a 18yo. Can't believe he survived CCM, but oh look, we're playing Newcastle next, RIP Kuzi.

tesla its fkn 3am whats ur day job kent

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Shahanga said:

#yoof

this guy might be only 18 but if he doesn't devote himself 24/7 to improving all his weaknesses he'll never make to Ramsays level.

Being able to dribble and step over is nice but there's more to football than that.

For some reason he reminded me of Mate Dugandzic. Too light of frame to be able to play in a physical game. Unlike previous games, he did not harass the defenders. be nice if you could provide some examples of his weaknesses.

1 minute ago, NewConvert said:

For some reason he reminded me of Mate Dugandzic. Too light of frame to be able to play in a physical game. Unlike previous games, he did not harass the defenders. be nice if you could provide some examples of his weaknesses.

He can't pass, cross or shoot.  I ve seen a lot of stray passes and yet to see a good version of the other 2.  Now he's only 18 so plenty of time to improve, but he needs to be at least passable in these other things to play as a pro.

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

He can't pass, cross or shoot.  I ve seen a lot of stray passes and yet to see a good version of the other 2.  Now he's only 18 so plenty of time to improve, but he needs to be at least passable in these other things to play as a pro.

I see your point. But on last nights performance there weren't too many city players that could pass, cross or shoot either. Surprised to hear that aside from Mooy, City do not have anyone else in the top 20 for passes completed. Kuzmanovsky does have plenty of time to improve if he finds another club with a coach that can teach him these skills.

2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

I see your point. But on last nights performance there weren't too many city players that could pass, cross or shoot either. Surprised to hear that aside from Mooy, City do not have anyone else in the top 20 for passes completed. Kuzmanovsky does have plenty of time to improve if he finds another club with a coach that can teach him these skills.

well ideally those skills should have been developed in his youth whilst physical qualities don't fully development until your mid 20s 

2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

I don't think it's the job of the coach to teach a professional footballer the basics of football. If the basics aren't in place then the guy should not have been signed as a professional in the first place. An employer doesn't hire a bricklayer and then expect to have to teach him how to lay bricks, or a draughtsman and have to teach him how to sharpen a pencil.

55 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think it's the job of the coach to teach a professional footballer the basics of football. If the basics aren't in place then the guy should not have been signed as a professional in the first place. An employer doesn't hire a bricklayer and then expect to have to teach him how to lay bricks, or a draughtsman and have to teach him how to sharpen a pencil.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

well ideally those skills should have been developed in his youth whilst physical qualities don't fully development until your mid 20s 

I suspect that if Kuzmanovsky plays in the NYL he does possess those skills to some degree. And given that he was at WSW before he came to use, he must have shown those skills to the WSW staff. At 18, he is still developing and the standard is higher in the seniors. This is where coaching staff come in.

And as far as brick laying is concerned, my brother and I built some architect designed townhouses a while back. The site builder was an old bloke with plenty of experience and he had difficulty on working out how to build the units and he had to instruct some good bricklayers (plus carpenters) and how to do the job. So yes, it can happen that a builder does hire bricklayers and having to teach them on how to bricklay. The old bloke asked us never to come back to him again :)