Melbourne Football

Steve Kuzmanovski

Tesla

Anyone else notice that, in their introductory interviews, both players (Kuz and Franjic) were seen in kits wearing the same number (34)? What's that all about, I wonder? Spent all of the budget on getting rid of the wheely bins and are left with one kit to do promotional videos in?

Placeholder kit before their actual number is selected, I guess. They gave Franjic a choice post announcement.

Anyone else notice that, in their introductory interviews, both players (Kuz and Franjic) were seen in kits wearing the same number (34)? What's that all about, I wonder? Spent all of the budget on getting rid of the wheely bins and are left with one kit to do promotional videos in?

Placeholder kit before their actual number is selected, I guess. They gave Franjic a choice post announcement.

Most clubs in the same position would just not print a number on the kit, though. I mean, the only number visible was on the shorts anyway. It's not like we ever saw the back of his shirt and someone went "no, it just doesn't look right without a number on". Heck, they could've even played around with their camera angles so you couldn't see the number, and then he could've worn minus eighty-five point six divided by pi and no-one would've noticed.

All that said, it's not hugely important, and I don't honestly care. I just found it a curious sight.

Most clubs in the same position would just not print a number on the kit, though. I mean, the only number visible was on the shorts anyway. It's not like we ever saw the back of his shirt and someone went "no, it just doesn't look right without a number on". Heck, they could've even played around with their camera angles so you couldn't see the number, and then he could've worn minus eighty-five point six divided by pi and no-one would've noticed.

All that said, it's not hugely important, and I don't honestly care. I just found it a curious sight. Actually as I pointed out in the Ivan Franjic thread, Ivan was wearing Symeoy's jersey in the photo shoot as well as the random shorts. Obviously they've run out of kit at the club. Might mean the kit will change for next season? Or that Nike are just being pains as always

All that said, it's not hugely important, and I don't honestly care. I just found it a curious sight. Look, having a blank kit is too logical. No way that would fly.

All that said, it's not hugely important, and I don't honestly care. I just found it a curious sight.Actually as I pointed out in the Ivan Franjic thread, Ivan was wearing Symeoy's jersey in the photo shoot as well as the random shorts. Obviously they've run out of kit at the club. Might mean the kit will change for next season? Or that Nike are just being pains as always

One would think that the former is the more likely scenario as opposed to the latter (despite Nike being pains).

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

Great signing given he's occupying Dugandzic's role.

- would almost certainly be on less coin

- fewer injury complications

- greater potential

- probably a more capable player as it stands

I'm sure we'll sign a better right winger (Franjic might even occupy this role with Retre retaining his spot at RB) but Kuzmanovski appears to be a promising back-up option with a bright future.

Perhaps they had a Feng Shui expert come to the club and told them that all players wearing the numbers 3 and 4 at their unveiling would have good injury karma or some shit.

Or perhaps not.....

Indeed, perhaps not. 

Number 4 (四; accounting 肆; pinyin ) is considered an unlucky number in Chinese because it is nearlyhomophonous to the word "death" (死 pinyin ). Due to that, many numbered product lines skip the "4." In East Asia, some buildings do not have a 4th floor. (Compare with the Western practice of some buildings not having a 13th floor because 13 is considered unlucky.) In Hong Kong, some high-rise residential buildings omit all floor numbers with "4", e.g., 4, 14, 24, 34 and all 40–49 floors, in addition to not having a 13th floor. As a result, a building whose highest floor is number 50 may actually have only 35 physical floors. Singaporean public transport operator SBS Transit has omitted the number plates for some of its buses whose numbers end with '4' due to this, so if a bus is registered as SBS***3*, SBS***4* will be omitted and the next bus to be registered will be SBS***5*. Note that this only applies to certain buses and not others and that the final asterisk is a checksum letter and not a number. Another Singaporean public transport operator SMRT has omitted the '4' as the first digit of the serial number of the train cars as well as the SMRT Buses NightRider services.

There must be someone out there at Bundoora handy with the airbrush - they tried to get rid of Melbourne Heart that way - so maybe they should put him to work images of that pair of no. 34 shorts.

I used to live in Malaysia on floor 14 but in the elevator of my apartment block it was labled 13A. Floor 4 was 3A as well.

Apparently Popovic is mad AF over losing Kuzi. So I guess Popovic rates him too.

lol you're proud as punch aren't ya? hahaha :up:Were could be entering John Markovski territory. Maybe even Pancev.Speaking about Darko Pancev, had this Maco mate who would jerk over him non-stop saying he was the best striker in the world.

In terms of "Joewnzy", he was a machine!

Edited by Tony999

Apparently Popovic is mad AF over losing Kuzi. So I guess Popovic rates him too.

lol you're proud as punch aren't ya? hahaha :up:Were could be entering John Markovski territory. Maybe even Pancev.Speaking about Darko Pancev, had this Maco mate who would jerk over him non-stop saying he was the best striker in the world.

In terms of "Joewnzy", he was a machine! Same. We also hanged with a Croatian dude and when the two were together they would almost punch on arguing who was the better striker. Pancev or Suker. Come to think of it these two blokes would also have arguments over who would win in a fight Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan.

Edited by Jovan

lol you're proud as punch aren't ya? hahaha :up: Were could be entering John Markovski territory. Maybe even Pancev. Speaking about Darko Pancev, had this Maco mate who would jerk over him non-stop saying he was the best striker in the world.

In terms of "Joewnzy", he was a machine! Same. We also hanged with a Croatian dude and when the two were together they would almost punch on arguing who was the better striker. Pancev or Suker. Come to think of it these two blokes would also have arguments over who would win in a fight Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan.

I'll take Suker and Bruce thanks....

I love it when I argue with my dad or my uncle, Anglos think we're going to punch on. Just normal conversation for us.

lol you're proud as punch aren't ya? hahaha :up: Were could be entering John Markovski territory. Maybe even Pancev. Speaking about Darko Pancev, had this Maco mate who would jerk over him non-stop saying he was the best striker in the world.

Did the Maco finally concede Suker was better and his come back would've been "..but if we were all one and Pancev and Suker were strikers, we would've won the World Cup"?

Pancev would never have played. In Italia '90 the aging Susic and Vujovic were played when Pancev was the golden boot winner..even scored twice in Italia 90 and then benched the next game. Same with Bosko Djurovski not getting a good go..

Many good players were benched. But we will leave that to the political wogs

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It sounds ridiculous and I'm not saying he's even 1/10th of the player but he actually looks a lot like Ronaldo when he's on the ball. It's mostly aesthetic as he's nice and tall, dribbles with great posture and just sort of carries his body in the same way. 

It makes me excited.

It sounds ridiculous and I'm not saying he's even 1/10th of the player but he actually looks a lot like Ronaldo when he's on the ball. It's mostly aesthetic as he's nice and tall, dribbles with great posture and just sort of carries his body in the same way. 

It makes me excited.

And He did the rubber leg thing at the derby