Melbourne Football

Sign Archie Thompson

kingofhearts

My two year old will be playing for city before archie does.

Are you sure? How many times has your 2 year-old scored 13 goals against American Samoa?

Even if he had, I doubt our club would want your son as he doesn't have a long history of injuries (I hope) and isn't over the age of 33

It's my daughter thats how confident I am she'll playing for Archie lol. Plus she can't kick goals so she'll slot right into the squad.

Given that he's an Australian, I think signing Archie would be really great in attracting more Australians to the club. Apparently there's a lot of Australians in Melbourne so we can really extend our fanbase by getting him.

And think of all those wonderful Victory fans who would follow him across. :wub:

Are people genuinly serious in saying they would take this guy? The guys a fucking cunt and on his last legs. He can go get fucked as far as im concerned.

Of course we are mate!

He's one of the greatest players in A-League history (arguably the greatest) and is one of the most prolific forwards to ever pull on the green and gold.

If you're reading this, welcome to the REAL Melbourne team Archie :)

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

His best impact this season has been off the bench, which appears to be not what he wants.

At his age Archie could potentially lose form very quickly.

He also had a full knee reconstruction in 2010, so there is most likely an above average chance of a major injury again. 

In addition he probably won't come cheap.

Edited by Parrot

Are you sure? How many times has your 2 year-old scored 13 goals against American Samoa?

Even if he had, I doubt our club would want your son as he doesn't have a long history of injuries (I hope) and isn't over the age of 33

It's my daughter thats how confident I am she'll playing for Archie lol. Plus she can't kick goals so she'll slot right into the squad.

Hey we've got a W-League team now so that might not be such a ridiculous idea

Your Daughter? Jesus I'd keep her well away from Archie then...knowing his history.

• 4 months later...