Melbourne Football

Take away food

Pigs 2

I'll add a few.

Huxterburger on Smith st and there's one in the CBD.

Shawcross pizza on Brunswick st.

Can't agree on shawcross. Didnt enjoy it.

and the prices were ridiculous. 

Had huxta... don't rate it.

Brother burger on Brunswick street, Fitzroy... wowee.

Also really like Embassy Taxi takeaway

413 Fahrenheit Pizza in Fitzroy

This! Newish place but they sure know how to make a pizza! Near the corner of Vic pde and smith st (just across from the Maccas).

Lads, do yourself a favour and get down there if you're about. 

PS make sure to get the Fahrenheit sauce on it too!

This! Newish place but they sure know how to make a pizza! Near the corner of Vic pde and smith st (just across from the Maccas).

https://youtu.be/6miA5buiY6Y?t=12s

• Like 5

Huxtaburger too trendy imo, but still good. The real jewel on Smith St is the kebab joint on the corner of Smith n gertrude. The gozleme is outstanding

The undisputed king of smith still is the pork roll from one of the Vietnamese bakeries. You will know which one judging by the lines out the door.

10/10.

• Like 1

Kebab van on Ballarat Road

Near Ashley St? If so I'll grab one tonight. 

not too sure actually, i dont take notice of the surrounding streets 

Just ate from the one I think you're talking about in Braybrook. Certainly a good kebab with good balanced flavours and a good price, however has nothing on Kebab Station

Best burger Ive had is Rockwell & Sons, but its bordering on being disqualified due to the non trendy cafe / 5 star restaurant requirement. 

Edited by hedaik

Kebab van on Ballarat Road

Near Ashley St? If so I'll grab one tonight.

So, here is the go for Kebabs along Ballarat RD

Near Ashley St, on the North side you have 'fun city kebabs' (not the actual name, just what its commonly called, real name is like tasty toasted kebabs or some shit like that). For a long time regarded as the GOAT kebab in the west, if not Melbourne, I believe there may have been a change of owner recently, either way the quality seems to have diminished somewhat. Still good though and reasonably priced, but smaller and less filling than other options. Chips are on the menu, albeit a recent addition I believe to compete with the offering of other kebab vans, decent chips but a bit pricey.

Also not far from Ashley St, but on the South side of Ballarat Rd, there is another whose name I forget. It's got a fairly large covered area. A lot of options on the menu, regular kebab, kebab with the shish meat, as well as burgers and stuff. Both the kebab and chips are nothing special and overall this place is a disappointing, despite the large lines that can be there sometimes. They seem to be quite inefficient, a lot of staff not getting much done.

Then on the other end of Ballrat Rd, just before the freeway, you have my boy at Highway Kebabs. Until recently, this guy would load your kebab up with a ton of meat, which was extremely filling but lacked in the flavour department as the sauce to meat ratio was off. I think he has learnt the error of his ways and last time I got one it seemed to have less meat, but still more than most. The real selling point though, chips here are seriously GOAT. Not just of kebab vans, but of any take away place I've had chips from in Melbourne. You can't go wrong with the $11 kebab, chips, and drink combo. I know the owner has been trying to open a branch in Ballarat for ages (attn Jimmy) as well. Kebab with shish meat available Saturday before 3pm.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

Nandos is pretty fucking good.

I probably eat at Nandos twice a week on average, easily the best franchise place. The biggest downside is the inconsistency across different nandos stores, which is a problem with every franchise. Also there is even inconsistency at the same nandos store when they haven't marinated the meat enough.

And if you know how to Nandos properly, the common belief that Nandos is expensive really isn't true.

• Like 3

The Makedonia with Fahrenheit sauce easily the GOAT pizza in Melbourne.

If your an Anglo who cant stand flavours you're probably better off having the Margarita TBH

Also I'm tired of shit burger places in the inner suburbs being proclaimed as the 'best in melbourne'. Stupid hipster faggots dont know shit about a good burger, if we were talking about the best lentils in Melbourne than fair enough I'd take their opinion seriously.

Laurie Dees in Epping still the best burger I've had in Melbourne.

Greasy as fuck, but tasty as fuck as well.

If anyone is ever in Ballarat a place called "The Burger Company" on Sturt Street has the best burgers, chips, milkshakes and service I've probably ever had. 11/10. Just look at the Urban Spoon reviews. Recommended.

Anyone from Ballarat will gladly agree that it's pretty hard to find a better a Burger Joint.

Huxtaburger too trendy imo, but still good. The real jewel on Smith St is the kebab joint on the corner of Smith n gertrude. The gozleme is outstanding

The undisputed king of smith still is the pork roll from one of the Vietnamese bakeries. You will know which one judging by the lines out the door.

10/10.

Spot on.

Those grilled pork rolls awesome. If anyone is down there pop in next door for Thickshake. 48 flavours to choose from.

If anyone is ever in Ballarat a place called "The Burger Company" on Sturt Street has the best burgers, chips, milkshakes and service I've probably ever had. 11/10. Just look at the Urban Spoon reviews. Recommended.

Anyone from Ballarat will gladly agree that it's pretty hard to find a better a Burger Joint.

Ballarat best cheap eats:

Aroma Indian

Sebas Noodles

Japanese joint on Sturt that has $26 all you can eat.