Melbourne Football

Business and Investing

CALZALOL

2 hours ago, CALZALOL said:

MGC Pharmaceuticals executed a binding Heads of Agreement to acquire Czech-based PANAX Pharma
1,000 mof growing space for cannabis

Surely a capital raising will be forthcoming @Jimmy

I think this was one of the companies Tesla and I were looking at 6 months ago. IIRC it was one of the companies that looked like it would be best positioned to take advantage if MM was legalised for all of Australia.

That being said we didn't look into it and other similar companies too heavily.

Though the other one that took my interest was AusCann who from memory looked like they were taking steps towards an IPO. Depending on whether there are restrictions on importing AusCann could be interesting.

13 minutes ago, malloy said:

I think this was one of the companies Tesla and I were looking at 6 months ago. IIRC it was one of the companies that looked like it would be best positioned to take advantage if MM was legalised for all of Australia.

That being said we didn't look into it and other similar companies too heavily.

Though the other one that took my interest was AusCann who from memory looked like they were taking steps towards an IPO. Depending on whether there are restrictions on importing AusCann could be interesting.

Ah okay

AusCann are conducting a backdoor listing, see TWH

On 26/04/2016 at 0:51 PM, Jimmy said:

Mentioned that ETF a while ago in here. The bounce back is a lot futher away than I thought at the time and is still a while away yet.

The bounce back has happened :lawl: :lawl: :lawl: 

What are you expecting? $80 a barrel? Those days are gone.

Don't get me wrong, Saudi Arabia is putting in work, starting BS wars in the middle east and what not, but that shit doesn't have much of an effect any more. Neither will it be as big a deal as it used to when they decide that OPEC is going to restrict supply.

Guess all the sunni terrorists will have to find a new source of income with Saudi Arabia not being able to afford to fund them any more. UAE and Qatar not doing well either these days. RIP terrorism.

Edited by Tesla

7 hours ago, CALZALOL said:

Ah okay

AusCann are conducting a backdoor listing, see TWH

Worked with AusCann briefly. The managing director is probably the nicest figure in Australian business today. They had internal conflicts though. Not sure how they've progressed since December 2015.

Edited by strider
  • Like 1

On 10/05/2016 at 10:17 AM, CALZALOL said:

IPE Limited is probably something to look at for income investors

Calza how many different stocks are in your portfolio? What industry do you gravitate towards?

Personally I have 5 solid "dividend" stocks (banks etc) and 2 spastic holdings (jetpack company etc lol) 

I really, really want to get into Pharma but I get lost in it all

8 hours ago, strider said:

Calza how many different stocks are in your portfolio? What industry do you gravitate towards?

Personally I have 5 solid "dividend" stocks (banks etc) and 2 spastic holdings (jetpack company etc lol) 

I really, really want to get into Pharma but I get lost in it all

I currently have 4 different holdings. Only recently have I just re-balanced and simplified my holdings and as a result I have two solid dividend stocks, one high yield dividend but risky stock and one future high growth stock that has just recently been suspended pending an announcement of funds coming in (see if you can find out which company that is ;)). I have a pretty diverse portfolio in regards to the sectors (ie. Fossil fuels & Renewable Energy, A Bank & Accounting firm), but have tended to gravitate towards financials and energy. 

As you may have seen, I got in on the MXC train which ended up being a crazy pump and dump but I made a decent profit but not as good as if I had of reacted quicker -_-

Edited by CALZALOL

23 hours ago, CALZALOL said:

I currently have 4 different holdings. Only recently have I just re-balanced and simplified my holdings and as a result I have two solid dividend stocks, one high yield dividend but risky stock and one future high growth stock that has just recently been suspended pending an announcement of funds coming in (see if you can find out which company that is ;)). I have a pretty diverse portfolio in regards to the sectors (ie. Fossil fuels & Renewable Energy, A Bank & Accounting firm), but have tended to gravitate towards financials and energy. 

As you may have seen, I got in on the MXC train which ended up being a crazy pump and dump but I made a decent profit but not as good as if I had of reacted quicker -_-

Do you mean something like Xero or do you actually mean an accounting firm?

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Do you mean something like Xero or do you actually mean an accounting firm?

Nope, I mean Countplus Ltd (CUP) which is essentially a holding company of accountancy firms. Bought purely for the dividend yield (approx. 12%). Also due to it paying dividends quarterly.

29 minutes ago, CALZALOL said:

Nope, I mean Countplus Ltd (CUP) which is essentially a holding company of accountancy firms. Bought purely for the dividend yield (approx. 12%). Also due to it paying dividends quarterly.

I think you might be wrong on it being a 'holding company' of accountancy firms. From my understanding it acts more like a franchise.  Not that it really matters though.

2 minutes ago, malloy said:

I think you might be wrong on it being a 'holding company' of accountancy firms. From my understanding it acts more like a franchise.  Not that it really matters though.

Bit of technicality that but I'm fairly sure that it is a 'holding company' as I do remember reading it whilst doing research on it. As you said it doesn't really matter though ;) 

EDIT: 

Screenshot_5.jpg

Edited by CALZALOL
For confirmation

11 minutes ago, CALZALOL said:

Bit of technicality that but I'm fairly sure that it is a 'holding company' as I do remember reading it whilst doing research on it. As you said it doesn't really matter though ;) 

EDIT: 

Screenshot_5.jpg

Have a look on their site. 

5 minutes ago, malloy said:

Have a look on their site. 

It is very hard to say as they hold equity in the firms and from what I have read in the annual report do not charge 'franchise fees' to the firms, yet in the annual report and throughout the website, Countplus refers to the firms as 'members' instead of a subsidiary or similar. Countplus also refers to itself as 'a professional services aggregation network' which also seems like a franchise.
Again, it's pretty trivial but I'm glad you are interested (for want of a better word) in the topic, and I do enjoy the discussion nonetheless. 

6 minutes ago, CALZALOL said:

It is very hard to say as they hold equity in the firms and from what I have read in the annual report do not charge 'franchise fees' to the firms, yet in the annual report and throughout the website, Countplus refers to the firms as 'members' instead of a subsidiary or similar. Countplus also refers to itself as 'a professional services aggregation network' which also seems like a franchise.
Again, it's pretty trivial but I'm glad you are interested (for want of a better word) in the topic, and I do enjoy the discussion nonetheless. 

Lol. Now I am gonna have to read the financial reports.

10 minutes ago, malloy said:

Lol. Now I am gonna have to read the financial reports.

Upon reading the financial report, Countplus now refers to the 'member firms' as subsidiaries.

"Subsidiaries of subsidiaries"
Screenshot_6.jpg

Edited by CALZALOL

10 minutes ago, CALZALOL said:

Upon reading the financial report, Countplus now refers to the 'member firms' as subsidiaries.

"Subsidiaries of subsidiaries"
Screenshot_6.jpg

Yeah I saw that.

I apologise I believe I was wrong.

All their 'members' do appear to actually be subsidiaries. On their site they make mention of a network of 20 members. The notes to the financial accounts list out 20 members. Furthermore note 6 doesnt show any revenue that could be construed as franchise fees and the large majority of revenue derived is from accounting and financial services.

Edited by malloy

1 minute ago, malloy said:

Yeah I saw that.

I apologise I believe I was wrong.

All their 'members' appear to actually be subsidiaries. On their site they make mention of a network of 20 members. The notes to the financial accounts list out 20 members. Furthermore note 6 doesnt show any revenue that could be construed as franchise fees and the large majority of revenue derived is from accounting and financial services.

No need to apologise at all! It was a good discussion.

I do agree their use of the word 'members' is rather confusion not explained very well, and I did notice that with note 6 however did expect to see a minor revenue source "hidden" away in the financial report, that of franchise fees.

5 minutes ago, CALZALOL said:

No need to apologise at all! It was a good discussion.

I do agree their use of the word 'members' is rather confusion not explained very well, and I did notice that with note 6 however did expect to see a minor revenue source "hidden" away in the financial report, that of franchise fees.

Not so much confusing more ambiguous (as members of a company are its shareholders when in this case it is the other way around) and inconsistent with how most other large accounting firms/networks are structured (albeit not listed) and would refer to their 'member firms'.

4 minutes ago, CALZALOL said:

Be careful, MXC is being pumped by Day Traders on Hot Copper

Was I not the one that pointed out MXC is a big pump and dump to you? This was while you were talking about spooked buyers or something. I'm across this stock.

• Like 1

MXC's cosmetic lines have received approval from the drug boards of Europe, USA and Canada in the last month or so. With distribution agreements in place in Europe and USA and something similar with Canada surely around the corner. Going properly international.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, strider said:

Fuck it. Took $5k out of some stocks to fund a mid-Jan trip to Dubai & Abu Dhabi. **insert quote about only travel makes you richer**

inb4 I start a business in Dubai. I will remember you all. (Have middle east citizenship) 

I submit my EOI to become a shareholder of said business :wub:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...