Melbourne Football

Business and Investing

CALZALOL

• 2 weeks later...

1. wtf do you do at uni @Jimmy

2. not sure if i mentioned this before but bitcoin keeps rising to stupid amount, just hit 1500 AUD per BTC. They were trading at ~150 2-3 years ago. 

It is being likened to PayPal, where people were slightly hesitant at first but now you're silly if you don't use it. Wait till it drops then dump a spare $2k or so into it. You never know. 

17 hours ago, strider said:

2. not sure if i mentioned this before but bitcoin keeps rising to stupid amount, just hit 1500 AUD per BTC. They were trading at ~150 2-3 years ago. 

It is being likened to PayPal, where people were slightly hesitant at first but now you're silly if you don't use it. Wait till it drops then dump a spare $2k or so into it. You never know. 

Just an advisor.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, strider said:

It was higher like a year or more ago, it crashed and has been in a slump for a while AFAIK, must be coming back up (i dont pay attention anymore).

I actually left some money in one of the alt coins, wonder if it's done anything.

Edit: Apparently worth 0.73413173 btc, so I have $1k I didnt know about. Definitely never invested that much in coins. Nice.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

On 05/01/2017 at 2:37 AM, strider said:

http://www.theage.com.au/business/markets/currencies/bitcoin-drops-after-chinas-yuan-reverses-direction-20170105-gtmr85.html

Should have cashed out yesterday lol.

Classic Chinese, creating bubbles and then bursting them. I swear it's related to their love of gambling, they probably see creating bubbles and then trying to pick the timing to get out as a form of gambling, and it pretty much is.

28 minutes ago, strider said:

Its still almost 10x what it was when it started

It will never be that low again, its at 1.3-1.4 right now

You gonna get in? Reason I posted was because you were saying to wait till it drops before getting in, was just giving you a heads up.

33 minutes ago, malloy said:

You gonna get in? Reason I posted was because you were saying to wait till it drops before getting in, was just giving you a heads up.

i got in a year ago lol, crypto-currency is the future. cash won't exist 

every paycheck i get i try to put anywhere from 100 - 300 straight into BTC. I use coinjar as my "bank", you get a nice eftpos card too

Edited by strider

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/01/2017 at 8:54 PM, Tesla said:

It was higher like a year or more ago, it crashed and has been in a slump for a while AFAIK, must be coming back up (i dont pay attention anymore).

I actually left some money in one of the alt coins, wonder if it's done anything.

Edit: Apparently worth 0.73413173 btc, so I have $1k I didnt know about. Definitely never invested that much in coins. Nice.

So my procrastination has lead to my SDC now being worth 1 BTC. Which is worth about $1250-$1300 now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, strider said:

please please PLEASE tell me you lads got on AC8 and/or ZLD/OPT recently?

Fucking spewwing. Want to sell my motorbike and start making big money on the stocks. I fkn worked with AC8 before the IPO too. Saw it all coming. Fucking medical mj

That's nothing. I actually held a nice parcel of SAS shares. I bought them for 2c, sold for 7c, they were like 26c not long ago. So I missed a fucking 13 bagger. They'll probs be something retarded like $5 per share before long, provided their spaceship doesn't explode, but I'm way too salty to get back on.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

That's nothing. I actually held a nice parcel of SAS shares. I bought them for 2c, sold for 7c, they were like 26c not long ago. So I missed a fucking 13 bagger. They'll probs be something retarded like $5 per share before long, provided their spaceship doesn't explode, but I'm way too salty to get back on.

Lol they won't succeed... the earth is flat 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Went up $600 $800 in less than a month. I missed the fucking boat big time. 

I had BTC when it was ~1k lol

FFS

I keep saying this but every month I'm gonna put AU$100 into my Coinjar BTC account.

Edited by strider

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Just now, Shahanga said:

Well yeah but the stuff I read when I was at your stage was all written in the 90s.

might be dated now.

Makes sense. I'm always cautious about reading advice written by "experts" how hard is it to just bullshit a book so that people will buy. But of course being an absolute beginner, I need to start somewhere

1 hour ago, haz said:

Makes sense. I'm always cautious about reading advice written by "experts" how hard is it to just bullshit a book so that people will buy. But of course being an absolute beginner, I need to start somewhere

Ultimately I'd recommend a few things;

reading articles

reading books

buying a few shares

study and start considering property 

make sure you're up to date with the financial news (& how it might affect your investments)

I guess back before I had a family and had all my money sucked into the vortex, a few things I learnt was:

1. shares never go up just because you bought them 

2. Find out about a company BEFORE you buy, not after 

3. If you have knowledge that gives you an edge (like you understand a particular market or industry well) use it

4. Debt is a good friend but a bad enemy, so gearing can be a good move but you need to be able to manage it

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, haz said:

Cheers. I think I have learnt a little bit from Cryptocurrency. But want to get involved in the big boys, property.

I reckon houses beat the hell out of vacant land and apartments.

Apartments can date quickly, so capital growth can be a problem. Vacant land has no income so you are relying on capital growth alone.

Alwsys think about re-sale when you buy.

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I reckon houses beat the hell out of vacant land and apartments.

Apartments can date quickly, so capital growth can be a problem. Vacant land has no income so you are relying on capital growth alone.

Alwsys think about re-sale when you buy.

Good luck.

Cheers im still young (21), but really want to have a footing in investment while im still young

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

Litecoin was about $20 a pop early this year? Now it’s around $300. Crypto market is going fucking ballistic

2 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Go on...

Any Top 10 Coin at the moment (Last month) has been Low Risk, High Reward. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ether, IOTA

The 'Bubble' is only starting with many people only gettting exposed to Bitcoin.... and thats a good thing. Bitcoin has shit technology compared to new coins/companies so when people begin to invest money hopefully they will take off the blinkers and see the 'better' coins with lower market caps.

My current coin that is will gain a bit in the next few weeks is Ardor (ARDR). They are launching their network and the coin is still undermarketed.

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Any Top 10 Coin at the moment (Last month) has been Low Risk, High Reward. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ether, IOTA

The 'Bubble' is only starting with many people only gettting exposed to Bitcoin.... and thats a good thing. Bitcoin has shit technology compared to new coins/companies so when people begin to invest money hopefully they will take off the blinkers and see the 'better' coins with lower market caps.

My current coin that is will gain a bit in the next few weeks is Ardor (ARDR). They are launching their network and the coin is still undermarketed.

Ripple is the next big one to boom.

2 minutes ago, malloy said:

Ripple is the next big one to boom.

Be carefull with Ripple, has a high supply and controlled by the banks (The opposite of what crypto wants to be). Im sure it would be a 'safe' investment but if we want higher returns look further down the list

4 minutes ago, haz said:

Be carefull with Ripple, has a high supply and controlled by the banks (The opposite of what crypto wants to be). Im sure it would be a 'safe' investment but if we want higher returns look further down the list

The fact it is controlled by the banks is precisely why it is going to be successful (if any crypto is going to be successful at all). It is essentially a proxy for investing in Ripple Inc. 

Other than this one I would be stearing clear of nearly all cryptos

Edited by malloy
  • Like 1