Melbourne Football

Business and Investing

CALZALOL

@Tesla Wanna make $20,000 hustling the Herald Sun? I'm very good at AFL SuperCoach. I consistently rank in the top 1% of the competition and even came 14th in finals SuperCoach last season, but with 200k-300k teams entering every year it's so hard to get 1st place and win that 50k. But if I could have access to like 1000 teams and could be systematic in my decision making, being able to get exposure to all the trade and captain options I'm considering then I could easily win I think. Just need you to code up some automated system that's linked to spreadsheet or something so I don't have to spend 50 hours a week logging in and out of 1000 accounts to make trades and keep track of scores. Will also need 1000 people willing to put their details to each individual entry so we don't get busted breaking competition rules. Split the winnings 20-20-10.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

@Tesla Wanna make $20,000 hustling the Herald Sun? I'm very good at AFL SuperCoach. I consistently rank in the top 1% of the competition and even came 14th in finals SuperCoach last season, but with 200k-300k teams entering every year it's so hard to get 1st place and win that 50k. But if I could have access to like 1000 teams and could be systematic in my decision making, being able to get exposure to all the trade and captain options I'm considering then I could easily win I think. Just need you to code up some automated system that's linked to spreadsheet or something so I don't have to spend 50 hours a week logging in and out of 1000 accounts to make trades and keep track of scores. Will also need 1000 people willing to put their details to each individual entry so we don't get busted breaking competition rules. Split the winnings 20-20-10.

Anything in the competition rules about IP address. Eg if they really cared they could see 1000 people using same IP, but I doubt they care enough to check but might be worth checking rules if any mention of it.

By the way, you realise Crownbet have markets based off SuperCoach points? Like player X over/under 70 points or whatever. At least I think it's supercoach, don't really know much about this AFL fantasy stuff. Look into it and please tip me. Also madbookie do something similar where you can choose a specific stat for a player to bet on etc might be worth looking at.

Edited by Tesla

2 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Anything in the competition rules about IP address. Eg if they really cared they could see 1000 people using same IP, but I doubt they care enough to check but might be worth checking rules if any mention of it.

By the way, you realise Crownbet have markets based off SuperCoach points? Like player X over/under 70 points or whatever. At least I think irt's supercoach, don't really know much about this AFL fantasy stuff. Look into it and please tip me. Also madbookie do something similar where you can choose a specific stat for a player to bet on etc might be worth looking at.

Nah the competition rules on the site are very short, not much there beside only being allowed one team, no one who works for them, can change rules at any time etc. there's only like 8 sections or something and they're only a couple of paragraphs each.

Will look into the crownbet stuff though.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Nah the competition rules on the site are very short, not much there beside only being allowed one team, no one who works for them, can change rules at any time etc. there's only like 8 sections or something and they're only a couple of paragraphs each.

Will look into the crownbet stuff though.

I suppose the problem is there is no guarantee you'd win the $50k even with such a system.

I reckon the crownbet markets might be good for someone like you, not sure when they go up probably closer to match but it's completely separate from the match markets and is called AFL Fantasy. There seems to be some people who do really well on it, which is unusual for sports / anything with low odds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've decided to sell my house. Combo of a hot market and wanting to split ties with the nut bag ex once and for all.

Forecasting a handy 80k profit but I've got no idea what to invest in. Property being the obvious choice but I'm not keen forking on stamp duty in crazy market, don't want to buy off the plan (too stressful and risky). Stocks I got no idea, Silver? Gold? 

Coke and prosti's being the other obvious choice.

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HeartFc said:

So I've decided to sell my house. Combo of a hot market and wanting to split ties with the nut bag ex once and for all.

Forecasting a handy 80k profit but I've got no idea what to invest in. Property being the obvious choice but I'm not keen forking on stamp duty in crazy market, don't want to buy off the plan (too stressful and risky). Stocks I got no idea, Silver? Gold? 

Very quickly:

-If you don't want to learn too much about the market, stick to shit like Etfs. Track the market, generally providing decent growth.

-A-REITs and other property ETFs are a good option for property, without large upfront fees.

-Cash offers fuck all atm, however 80k should still give you an extra 2k a year in income, risk free.

-Pay to speak with a professional. 80k is significant, they'll be able to give you the best options according to your goals. (much better than asking a bunch of gamblers)

• Like 1

Cheers for the tips. Yeah I think ill go conservative at the moment so ETFs seem the right option for me. But yes I'm planning to sit down and have a chat with a professional. 

Ill probably go 70K low risk, and figure what I can do with the rest. Maybe have a crack at the stock market.

(that or give Tesla the lot for mulits)

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

Cheers for the tips. Yeah I think ill go conservative at the moment so ETFs seem the right option for me. But yes I'm planning to sit down and have a chat with a professional. 

Ill probably go 70K low risk, and figure what I can do with the rest. Maybe have a crack at the stock market.

(that or give Tesla the lot for mulits)

I much prefer the coke and prosties alternative

On 29 September 2016 at 8:38 AM, HeartFc said:

Park your cash into Rams online saving account  @ 3.15% until you decide what to do with bulk of it.

dont wait, start earning interest ASAP 

• Like 1

On 29/09/2016 at 11:29 AM, AyeCee said:

Very quickly:

-If you don't want to learn too much about the market, stick to shit like Etfs. Track the market, generally providing decent growth.

-A-REITs and other property ETFs are a good option for property, without large upfront fees.

-Cash offers fuck all atm, however 80k should still give you an extra 2k a year in income, risk free.

-Pay to speak with a professional. 80k is significant, they'll be able to give you the best options according to your goals. (much better than asking a bunch of gamblers)

Another benefit of ETFs is they are relatively liquid (i.e. they can be sold up relatively easy as they are listed), offer reduced risk through diversity (mitigating company, sector underperformance), significantly reduced costs of achieving diversity and an actual interest in the underlying securities. 

This is particularly important during economic downturns where managed funds can collapse losing significant amounts of money or where fund managers cap redemptions as to not have to realise assets at significant losses.

I have seen some clients still struggling to pull all of their money out of managed funds as late as 2015 due to the GFC.

Another thing to note is that managed funds with active fund managers rarely outpeform their benchmarks (except with small caps).

100% agree with getting proper advice. 

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Whats going on in this thread?

I made $13,790 profit today on the punt, how'd you guys go?

Have I made my point yet that punting > financial markets?

Come at me @CALZALOL @Jimmy @strider

why dont you give me tips u dog? didn't i send you free bioshares worth 500 p/a? fukn dog

also btc > fin markets at this point in time 

3 hours ago, CALZALOL said:

I'm not sure if I've understood you correctly but do you want my confirmation notice for a trade that occurred at below $1K, using an inverse leveraged ETF [BBOZ]...? I just threw some money in on this trade because my broker does not offer a true short on specific stocks, so I had to make do with what I had available to me, and wanted to have a casual bet that Trump may win and drag the ASX 200 down. I won't be putting my CN on a public forum as it contains sensitive information and without including the information would bring into question the validity of the confirmation notice. 

You would been better actually betting on Trump to win with a bookie for greater return and less risk...

But yes I am asking for contract notes, its not really that hard to block out private information and I doubt people are going to question the validity of it for < $200 profit. 

Edit: you don't need to drop all the jargon to pretend you are a 'successful trader'

Edited by malloy

• 1 month later...

I got a new job and the cheeky cunts make you join up and use a certain superfund. Is there anyway I can make the contributions they pay just automatically bounce straight from their mandatory superfund into the one I'm currently using and want to stick with? Or am I just going to have to do it manually via mygov?

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I got a new job and the cheeky cunts make you join up and use a certain superfund. Is there anyway I can make the contributions they pay just automatically bounce straight from their mandatory superfund into the one I'm currently using and want to stick with? Or am I just going to have to do it manually via mygov?

That's Bullshit Jimmy

it is law that you have a choice as to which superfund you want to have your super contributions paid to

I'd talk to your existing superfund to get them to contact your new job's superfund

5 hours ago, japiedog said:

That's Bullshit Jimmy

it is law that you have a choice as to which superfund you want to have your super contributions paid to

I'd talk to your existing superfund to get them to contact your new job's superfund

There are exceptions to that choice law. Namely were it is included in an industrial agreement or similar. Pretty much union racketeering.

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

strippers have super funds ?

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm working for a University so it's "unisuper". Am I fucked?

At least you know your money will be invested in safe spaces.

Wow.

• Like 2