Melbourne Football

Business and Investing

CALZALOL

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/11/2015 at 10:14 AM, Jimmy said:

Tes you should look at this small listed company that's been buying up a fuckload of farms in the areas surrounding my home town (is one of the most pristine areas in the country for dairy farming). They're called Australian Dairy Farms Group and listed under AHF. Currently trading at 14c a share. Could make ridiculous returns if this dairy boom actually happens.

300% return in the week since I bought in. How many more runs do I have to put on the board before I'm no longer "cute" Tes? ;) 

12 hours ago, malloy said:

Well then you should know that any gains are taxed as ordinary income and not as capital gains.....

Thanks Mal appreciate the insights!!!

10 hours ago, Jimmy said:

A further 50% increase today so far :up:

Putting in my sale order. Just made $10,000 in a bit under a fortnight. 

U go girl!

On 12/29/2015 at 6:21 PM, Jimmy said:

300% return in the week since I bought in. How many more runs do I have to put on the board before I'm no longer "cute" Tes? ;) 

Meh, just following my tip about the dairy boom, cutey.

On 12/29/2015 at 8:24 AM, malloy said:

Well then you should know that any gains are taxed as ordinary income and not as capital gains.....

Strider Marx never said anything about capital gains tax, rather a capital tax.

3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Strider Marx never said anything about capital gains tax, rather a capital tax.

We are in Australia so it is safe to assume strider was talking about CGT and not another taxing method which does not exist in Australia. 

Furthermore if you are implying the term loosely as any tax on capital items then it is still also wrong as the shares would be held on "revenue account" and not "capital account" seeing as they are "sophisticated day traders" as described by Strider.

1 hour ago, malloy said:

We are in Australia so it is safe to assume strider was talking about CGT and not another taxing method which does not exist in Australia. 

Furthermore if you are implying the term loosely as any tax on capital items then it is still also wrong as the shares would be held on "revenue account" and not "capital account" seeing as they are "sophisticated day traders" as described by Strider.

Ahh yes, of course a man of the menial accounting profession thinks in such a narrow way. For you are not a man of thought and philosophy like strider and I.

You see, strider did not remark about any party being subjected to a "capital tax", rather it was an abstraction that he wished to explore amongst this coterie of "Business and Investing" enthusiasts.

Hence, the term "capital" is given a more ordinary definition under these circumstances, one which is more broad than the convoluted "accounts" phraseology in which you have been indoctrinated.

Now if we were to entertain your determination to apply the concept of a "capital tax" to the situation of company stock ownership, it is understood that one who owns stock in a company is, by definition, an owner of capital. Hence, they would be subject to a capital tax, if such a form of governmental thievery existed. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Ahh yes, of course a man of the menial accounting profession thinks in such a narrow way. For you are not a man of thought and philosophy like strider and I.

You see, strider did not remark about any party being subjected to a "capital tax", rather it was an abstraction that he wished to explore amongst this coterie of "Business and Investing" enthusiasts.

Hence, the term "capital" is given a more ordinary definition under these circumstances, one which is more broad than the convoluted "accounts" phraseology in which you have been indoctrinated.

Now if we were to entertain your determination to apply the concept of a "capital tax" to the situation of company stock ownership, it is understood that one who owns stock in a company is, by definition, an owner of capital. Hence, they would be subject to a capital tax, if such a form of governmental thievery existed. 

We both know Strider was talking about the application of current Australian tax law, however much you would like to pretend otherwise, which means that the definitions must be those as used in the context of the relevant tax law and not the ordinary meaning or concepts taken from financial accounting.

Furthermore you say 'a man of the menial accounting profession' yet is this not the profession you are striving to become part of?

19 minutes ago, malloy said:

We both know Strider was talking about the application of current Australian tax law, however much you would like to pretend otherwise, which means that the definitions must be those as used in the context of the relevant tax law and not the ordinary meaning or concepts taken from financial accounting.

Furthermore you say 'a man of the menial accounting profession' yet is this not the profession you are striving to become part of?

No,  I am a professional forum poster. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

No,  I am a professional forum poster. 

I have been thinking about making the jump from serious enthusiast to professional. I reckon i have built up a pretty strong portfolio over the years, although i think i need to work more on my memes and gifs. Any words of advice Tes?

Looking to start up with Commsec. I'm pretty new to all this although back around mid 2000's my parents told me to put a few grand on Commbank shares (around $25 each at the time) and they are sitting quite nicely these days. I've been monitoring a few companies for a few months no, A2 and their milk are killing it. I see Commsec offer a share starter pack from $5000 which can included a mix of bluechip stocks and big companies to build a portfolio from. I think there are options for self managed funds investments too (which sound quite boring to me),  Any other advice on starting from scratch would be great. Looking to invest between 5-10k. 

Dat feel when you knew Dairy would boom but didn't buy shares.

Early days yet though, Australia will be balling soon.

In b4 jimmy suicide for selling his dairy shares for 10% of what they will be worth in a few months.

Chinese money doesn't stop until they have increased the price of something by at least 10,000%, if not 20,000%

Edited by Tesla

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2016 at 9:07 PM, Tesla said:

In b4 jimmy suicide for selling his dairy shares for 10% of what they will be worth in a few months.

Fallen away now. I've put in an order for 0.275c with is only a few cents higher than what I'd value them at atm. Looks a good long term stock to hold imo. Very ambitious and always looking to expand, which of course carries risk, but the dairy industry is the right one to be in.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Fallen away now. I've put in an order for 0.275c with is only a few cents higher than what I'd value them at atm. Looks a good long term stock to hold imo. Very ambitious and always looking to expand, which of course carries risk, but the dairy industry is the right one to be in.

I agree but I'd be buying when the market is rising again, whatever the price is, rather than at a specific price. Miss out on some upside but at least you won't get rolled.

46 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I agree but I'd be buying when the market is rising again, whatever the price is, rather than at a specific price. Miss out on some upside but at least you won't get rolled.

Not really worried about a dip. If they fell away even more I'd just buy up more. Only ordered like 11,000~ shares this time around so don't really stand to lose that much $$$.

Also, my father just told me a few days ago that they're trying to buy my parents farm. Lol. 

17 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Not really worried about a dip. If they fell away even more I'd just buy up more. Only ordered like 11,000~ shares this time around so don't really stand to lose that much $$$.

Also, my father just told me a few days ago that they're trying to buy my parents farm. Lol. 

If you're buying for the long term than fair enough.

Okay, what the fuck is happening? I invested most of the $10,000 I made in a week from my AHF sale into Woolworths on Thursday. Today they are announce they're moving to wind up Masters and the share price is exploding as we speak.

I'm way too much of a cunt to deserve this Karma.

I'm happy being cute Tes, because whatever that is, it's making me a straight up baller.

15 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Okay, what the fuck is happening? I invested most of the $10,000 I made in a week from my AHF sale into Woolworths on Thursday. Today they are announce they're moving to wind up Masters and the share price is exploding as we speak.

I'm happy being cute Tes, because whatever that is, it's making me a straight up baller.

So this is what my posts in the Betting thread sound like...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jimmy said:

fuk u

all my stocks have gotten smashed lately. might take the coin out and invest in a hektik sound system for my car

4 hours ago, strider said:

fuk u

all my stocks have gotten smashed lately. might take the coin out and invest in a hektik sound system for my car

So you're going to actualize your losses while the market is at a three year low and invest that into one of the fastest deprecating assets there is? Seems like the right move :up:

12 hours ago, Jimmy said:

So you're going to actualize your losses while the market is at a three year low and invest that into one of the fastest deprecating assets there is? Seems like the right move :up:

Without his inside tips from colleagues (due to leaving his job), the sound system probably is the better investment.

On 12/01/2016 at 10:06 AM, Jimmy said:

16.5% bump today :up: 

Why does anyone buy blue chips?

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

16.5% bump today :up: 

Why does anyone buy blue chips?

On 1/17/2016 at 10:32 AM, Jimmy said:

• Like 2