Melbourne Football

Wwe/tna/wrestling ( contains spoilers )

BeardedHeart

42 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

They ruined his momentum at the start of the year. Was obviously more over than Reigns but Vince wasn't gonna change his mind about the main event of WM. Then losing to Brock in a terribly short match was also pointless for Ambrose's stock. Then he got quite bland and repetitive but he can cut great promos when needed, including the one with Rollins and Reigns before MITB and especially the one with Rollins right before Battleground.

I still think he'd be a better heel because of his personality and if you watch his promos in his indy days, they were always sadistic so he'd be more interesting if he does turn heel.

My problem with Ambrose is his wrestling style. Technically he's a decent worker but his move set is terrible. All his (limited) moves look weak and not to mention his ridiculous rebound clotheside and little push of a suicide dive.

Agree he would be a lot better as a heel, especially as a proper unpredictable lunatic not this corny try hard funny lunatic.

13 minutes ago, AaronAV11 said:

My problem with Ambrose is his wrestling style. Technically he's a decent worker but his move set is terrible. All his (limited) moves look weak and not to mention his ridiculous rebound clotheside and little push of a suicide dive.

Agree he would be a lot better as a heel, especially as a proper unpredictable lunatic not this corny try hard funny lunatic.

Yeah spot on about his wrestling style/move set. Only in his title match on the Raw before Battleground did I really enjoy his wrestling. He finally was able to pull out some moves which we haven't really seen from him and went toe to toe with Seth.

And yeah, I never liked his lunatic gimmick. It just doesn't work in the PG era.

• Like 1

Anyone else going to the live event next week? Can't fucking wait! Has anyone gone before, how's the crowd usually?

Here's the card for it btw, some awesome matches there:

Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins

John Cena vs AJ Styles

Finn Balor vs Chris Jericho

WWE Tag Team Championship: The New Day vs Braun Strowman and Erick Rowan

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens

United States Championship Match: Titus O’Neil vs Rusev w/Lana

The Usos vs Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

Sasha Banks vs Charlotte and Dana Brooke

Apollo Crews vs Sheamus

** Line-up subject to change

On ‎4‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:37 AM, hakz7 said:

Anyone else going to the live event next week? Can't fucking wait! Has anyone gone before, how's the crowd usually?

Here's the card for it btw, some awesome matches there:

Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins

John Cena vs AJ Styles

Finn Balor vs Chris Jericho

WWE Tag Team Championship: The New Day vs Braun Strowman and Erick Rowan

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens

United States Championship Match: Titus O’Neil vs Rusev w/Lana

The Usos vs Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

Sasha Banks vs Charlotte and Dana Brooke

Apollo Crews vs Sheamus

** Line-up subject to change

Yep this will be my first time going, I'm pumped. The card is stacked with talent, only wrestler I wanted to see that's not coming is Bray Wyatt but oh well

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, BeardedHeart said:

Everyone's thoughts on today's WrestleMania . I actually enjoyed it a lot. Of course some of the results i didn't like but the show was good even if it did go for 7 hours

Was great up until the Orton vs Bray match. My fucking Apple TV had to shut by itself just before New Day revealed the surprise entrants... So I couldn't enjoy the best moment properly. Anyway, overall, it was quite good.

The main event was always going to be slow because of Taker's condition but at least it was a nice send-off afterwards.

And I'm very excited for Raw tomorrow. Was more excited for that than WM prior to this weekend haha.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Was great up until the Orton vs Bray match. My fucking Apple TV had to shut by itself just before New Day revealed the surprise entrants... So I couldn't enjoy the best moment properly. Anyway, overall, it was quite good.

The main event was always going to be slow because of Taker's condition but at least it was a nice send-off afterwards.

And I'm very excited for Raw tomorrow. Was more excited for that than WM prior to this weekend haha.

Oh yeah the Raw is always interesting and now because i work nights i get to watch it live. Hopefully some surprise returns

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Thrillhouse said:

jericho omega wasn't really that good was it? people over hyping it just cause it was over there 

I stopped watching my stream before the omega v jericho match started because I had to be somewhere, but the highlights suggests to me it was around a 4/5 star match. But to look at the minor details throughout each match at wrestle kingdom, you just have to appreciate the way it's choreographed, their stiff shots to sell better and go to areas that are banned in the wwe.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

jericho omega wasn't really that good was it? people over hyping it just cause it was over there 

It was an amazingly crafted match. In the build up, Jericho said it will be a war and that’s what we got. It had everything you’d want from this type of match. Brutal stuff on the outside, Jericho being a real heel, brutal shots throughout the match, great counters and a hot finish. 

And it looks like it wasn’t just a one and done. He appeared at a show the following day attacking Naito.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You guys hear about the potential WWE ppv at MCG in October? Only way to sell out anywhere near the capacity would be to make floor seats no more than $200 lol.

Also, did anyone else attend the NJPW show a few weeks ago? They’re apparently returning to Aus later in the year too for a televised/broadcasted event.

Edited by hakz7

2 hours ago, hakz7 said:

You guys hear about the potential WWE ppv at MCG in October? Only way to sell out anywhere near the capacity would be to make floor seats no more than $200 lol.

Also, did anyone else attend the NJPW show a few weeks ago? They’re apparently returning to Aus later in the year too for a televised/broadcasted event.

Youve never seen real wrestling unless its at a country town fair.... best viewing I haver ever had!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...