Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

2 hours ago, Nate said:

oh man, totally worth the wait.

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTDIM: it was released on my birthday Australian time. I watched it twice yesterday and will probably watch it again later in the week.

IT seriously fucked with my head the first time I watched it. Would be a laugh if the whole season was based on Rick trying to find Szechuan sauce.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, haz said:

IT seriously fucked with my head the first time I watched it. Would be a laugh if the whole season was based on Rick trying to find Szechuan sauce.

omfg this was literally the greatest scene of the whole episode

the throwback to the pilot episode ending, the ultra-inspiring soundtrack and the szechuan sauce gag... 10/10 amazing :clap:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

TTDIM : That the current level of feminism didn't exist when I was 19-21 years old because I probably would have ended up in jail. 

Never even copped a slap to the face, those were the days. 

This seems a bit farfetched... 

14 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Dunno, i remember @Tesla missing a derby once cos he indulged in too many double somethings and coke and didnt make it. This seems the logical next step...

You weren't around for the really good version of Tesla. He was great, I miss him. 

• Like 1

TTDIM: Hong Kong's public transport, especially the MTR (Mass Transit Railway). We should get whoever runs the MTR over to Victoria to build, own and operate our own "system." And the HK "Octopus" card and associated hardware and software shits all over Myki. Can even use it in a lot of shops. When you arrive you can buy an "on-loan Octopus card", load it up with money, and when you leave you return the card at the airport and the balance on the card is refunded to you. Bloody marvellous.

Edited by jw1739

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

TTDIM: Hong Kong's public transport, especially the MTR (Mass Transit Railway). We should get whoever runs the MTR over to Victoria to build, own and operate our own "system." And the HK "Octopus" card and associated hardware and software shits all over Myki. Can even use it in a lot of shops. When you arrive you can buy an "on-loan Octopus card", load it up with money, and when you leave you return the card at the airport and the balance on the card is refunded to you. Bloody marvellous.

Bruno would absolutely love it

• Like 4

On 4/8/2017 at 11:21 PM, Jovan said:

I can't remember when all my teams have won.

Pies, City and Spurs. 

1 to go tomorrow morning. 

Solid week for me as well:

Footy: Cats won, Port Melbourne won and Hawthorn and Norf are at the bottom ladder...

Soccer: City won and Celtic stitched up the championship last weekend.

On 4/7/2017 at 3:56 PM, jw1739 said:

MTR actually do own/operate Melbourne Metro (just not everything else)

I found the frequency of the trains in Hong Kong to be impressive, as one is leaving the station you can see the other one coming just behind it on the same line. 

Edited by hedaik

6 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I think a lot of the issues we face compared to cities with awesome transport e.g. HK, Singapore, Vienna etc. is the size of Melbourne. Our network is enormous in terms of distances between stations. Not an excuse just a consideration.

I feel like I type this sentence once a month on here... the sprawl from Melbourne to Frankston is an Epic Distance in other parts of the world.

Its def a longer distance than for example from Amsterdam to Rotterdam.

1 minute ago, cadete said:

I feel like I type this sentence once a month on here... the sprawl from Melbourne to Frankston is an Epic Distance in other parts of the world.

Its def a longer distance than for example from Amsterdam to Rotterdam.

We are a city the size of London or Tokyo with a fraction of the population. 

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Solid week for me as well:

Footy: Cats won, Port Melbourne won and Hawthorn and Norf are at the bottom ladder...

Soccer: City won and Celtic stitched up the championship last weekend.

My local Sunday side won. 5:1 win against a powerhouse team we haven't beaten in decades.

• Like 2