Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

1 minute ago, Tesla said:

Similar thing happened to me when selling my phone not that long ago, was giving some guy a pretty good price to just get it sold, he fucks me about for a while and in the end doesn't come get it, and next thing I know some guy willing to come get it right away and pay more comes along :up:

But that's how it works on Gumtree, 95% cheap cunts trying to lowball you, scammers, and time wasters. 5% serious buyers.

Not sure where you sold your car, but that probably applies to any site when it comes to selling cars, can imagine it's all just fucking time wasters, makes me really cbf trying to sell my car.

Believe me its not just limited to websites. Selling used cars fucking sucks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Similar thing happened to me when selling my phone not that long ago, was giving some guy a pretty good price to just get it sold, he fucks me about for a while and in the end doesn't come get it, and next thing I know some guy willing to come get it right away and pay more comes along :up:

But that's how it works on Gumtree, 95% cheap cunts trying to lowball you, scammers, and time wasters. 5% serious buyers.

Not sure where you sold your car, but that probably applies to any site when it comes to selling cars, can imagine it's all just fucking time wasters, makes me really cbf trying to sell my car.

Had it on Gumtree, Carsales and Facebook so I have no idea where they each saw it, but yeah selling shit is annoying as fuck

11 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Believe me its not just limited to websites. Selling used cars fucking sucks.

I am honestly just waiting for someone to write my car off.

Might just slam on my brakes the next time some cunt tailgates me and fuck his/her day up. But too many cheap cunts that don't even have insurance, I will probably have to make sure it's someone with a nice car so it's more likely he/she has insurance and the money to pay his/her excess.

Edited by Tesla

Just now, Tesla said:

Might just slam on my brakes the next time some cunt tailgates me and fuck his day up. But too many cunts that don't even have insurance, I will probably have to make sure it's some cunt with a nice car so it's more likely he has insurance and the money to pay his excess.

I was hoping that APEX or somebody would come and steal my car. It was a piece of shit and I would have got more through insurance than by selling it

Just now, GreenSeater said:

I was hoping that APEX or somebody would come and steal my car. It was a piece of shit and I would have got more through insurance than by selling it

But then you have to pay excess.

Better for it to be written off and be someone else's fault.

30 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Might just slam on my brakes the next time some cunt tailgates me and fuck his/her day up. But too many cheap cunts that don't even have insurance, I will probably have to make sure it's someone with a nice car so it's more likely he/she has insurance and the money to pay his/her excess.

I drive a volvo that i paid about 3k for, market value was 5ish (my old man is a used car dealer so i get the inside lane when it comes to cars).

Got ran up the back of fairly solidly a couple months ago but due to the fact volvos are safety cars and therefor tough as fuck to kill the damage was mostly cosmetic. Even still its a european car so parts are expensive. Rather than pay my full insured value of 6k, the other insurance company offered me 5 and keep the car.

Trip to Europe paid for 👌

• Like 2

TTDIM: China.

Love me some cheap Chinese tech.

It may be great value, it may be a piece of shit.

Can only buy from dodgy Chinese sites, you may get scammed, you may not.

Generally only dodgy shipping methods, you may get it in a week, you may get it in 3 months.

Generally only come with Chinese instructions, you may understand how to use it, you may not.

You just don't know what you're getting, it's all part of the fun.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

TTDIM: Small businesses where you can pay by card

TTIM: Small businesses who allow you to pay by card, but then charge you a surcharge for the service. Defeats the whole purpose, you might as well just go back to just accepting cash

Not really, I'd rather pay the fee and pay by card than pay by cash.

I'll tell you what is a TTIM, when big companies like optus charge you for paying by card because they want you to get on direct debit. I really doubt the transaction cost is much different and would make fuck all difference to them, they just want you on that direct debit for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Speaking of used cars, I'm looking to buy one. I'm after a sedan and am looking to pay around $10,000. What's good? Any suggestions?

I'm assuming you want something economical and not to old, so basically it's all the same at that price. 4 cylinder FWD cars, just find a model you think looks alright or just search for a bargain of any model eg someone leaving the country or whatever and needing to sell. Probably stay away from anything European though.

Or just get a commodore/falcon, RWD and a decent bit of power, you're from the country so shouldn't mind that they're a bit of a bogan car. Those cars have depreciated a lot (since big cars have gone out of fashion) so in a way you're getting a pretty good deal given what they would have cost new, and I assume parts/repairs are cheap cause of how common they are and since they're Aussie. Plus fuel consumption is a bit overrated, if you drive with a bit of a lead foot a car with a smaller engine is going to use a fair bit of petrol anyway (since you're hitting higher revs), so a commodore/falcon shouldn't be too bad in comparison. Personally I don't like big cars (the dick size thing must be true) but if you don't mind that then they're a good choice, probably more fun to drive than anything of similar age/price since RWD and decent power.

I'd also argue that RWD allows you to take corners at higher speed, reducing the amount of decelerating/accelerating you do, therefore making some petrol savings, again negating the perceived poor fuel economy of a commodore/falcon to an extent.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

@Jimmy  decide what type of car your after and maybe mention whether you prefer something with good economy, space, fun factor etc. 

You could pick up a 2010 falcon or commodore with 100k-200k km on the clock. Personally I'd go the commodore out of the two simply for the sheer numbers of Commodores for sale. 

If you head into the smaller car range then you'll manage to pick up something with lower km and a bit newer. If you look European you could get into a 2009-2010 Golf, Jetta or polo with under 100k km. 

Theres also options with ford and Holden. The 2011 Ford Fiesta zetec you could pick up with around 50k km on it. There's also the 2012 Holden Cruze you could get with less than 100k km on it if you search hard enough. 

Theres heaps of other options, you could go for one of those econo shit boxes with minimal km and maybe some warranty but personally I'd steer clear of these at all costs. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Tesla said:

Not really, I'd rather pay the fee and pay by card than pay by cash.

I'll tell you what is a TTIM, when big companies like optus charge you for paying by card because they want you to get on direct debit. I really doubt the transaction cost is much different and would make fuck all difference to them, they just want you on that direct debit for obvious reasons.

As someone with optus, can completely agree with this bullshit.

What annoyed me the other day when i paid at this certain outlet, it was in the middle of a shopping centre. So i walked 5 metres to me left, took cash out and paid by that lol.

It would honestly just be easier for the business to just accept cash only (especially in a shopping centre where you can take out cash anywhere lol)

22 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Speaking of used cars, I'm looking to buy one. I'm after a sedan and am looking to pay around $10,000. What's good? Any suggestions?

Stick to Jap or falcon/commodore. Eurotrash will cost you too much on service and repairs.

My top 3 suggestions 

1. Honda Accord Euro (great fkn cars, bullet proof, 9L/100k, stylish and great handling) You could pick up a 2008/09/10 for 13k ish under 100,000km or the pre-2008 model  (different shape) for under 10k.

2. Mazda 3 (a bit more practical then the accord euro but lacks grunt and style, better on fuel (8L/100km) but not as reliable) 2008/09, 10k under 80,000km

3. Lancer (underrated car, similar to the Mazda 3 but you'll get more features for cheaper) 2010, 10k under 80,000km

Or up the budget to 15k and get a 2006/07 Lexus IS250, they are pound for pound one of the best value 2nd hand cars on the planet, 9L/100km, bulletproof, sexy and look more expensive then they are. Service costs are a bitch though, 400ish

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Stick to Jap or falcon/commodore. Eurotrash will cost you too much on service and repairs.

My top 3 suggestions 

1. Honda Accord Euro (great fkn cars, bullet proof, 9L/100k, stylish and great handling) You could pick up a 2008/09/10 for 13k ish under 100,000km or the pre-2008 model  (different shape) for under 10k.

2. Mazda 3 (a bit more practical then the accord euro but lacks grunt and style, better on fuel (8L/100km) but not as reliable) 2008/09, 10k under 80,000km

3. Lancer (underrated car, similar to the Mazda 3 but you'll get more features for cheaper) 2010, 10k under 80,000km

Or up the budget to 15k and get a 2006/07 Lexus IS250, they are pound for pound one of the best value 2nd hand cars on the planet, 9L/100km, bulletproof, sexy and look more expensive then they are. Service costs are a bitch though, 400ish

Cheers everyone, 10/10 forum. I'm sorta digging the Honda Accord tbh, probably up the budget there and get a newer one. I've just checked out the Lexus IS250, sexy but too much to get anything at a personally acceptable age/KMs.

I've looked at Commodores but all my mates drive one and I've been in a Falcon for ages so keen for a change 

Ye go the Accord Euro, its worth getting the 2009+ for the updated shape, I did months of research before buying my car, ended up with the Lexus but I was very close to getting the Accord Euro, drove 3 of them and talked to a few mechanics about them, they all said they're bulletproof and rarely have issues. 

I always use product review before buying basically anything, cars over 4 stars on this site are all pretty much excellent. 

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/honda-accord-euro-2009-present/m/cu2-2009-present/2.html

Yeah I've always thought the Accord Euro is a nice car in that price range. Also dont mind Mazda 3 either.

Mitsubishi, probably means nothing these days but just ask someone older their thoughts on a Mitsubishi. Brand has a horrible reputation as pieces of shit, much like Toyota has a reputation for being bulletproof cars that will do 500,000 km etc. But Toyota have had their problems recently as well, so again not sure how much those old reputations mean these days.

Edited by Tesla

21 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Lol why do these require 95 octane? Explains the fuel economy I guess.

But yeah that looks good, would buy if I didn't have my (probably unwarranted) predisposition against FWD. Probably still would buy. Brb, getting in before you.

EDIT: How the fuck do you do almost 140k km in 4 years holy shit.

Edited by Tesla

32 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Lol why do these require 95 octane? Explains the fuel economy I guess.

But yeah that looks good, would buy if I didn't have my (probably unwarranted) predisposition against FWD. Probably still would buy. Brb, getting in before you.

EDIT: How the fuck do you do almost 140k km in 4 years holy shit.

Bought my car in 2012, perfect condition had 80k, now has 225k and is fucked.

From my experience in renting cars, Toyota are by far the most reliable across the board. You have to pay for them though. Lancer's and Commodore's are probably the best value for money, although outside a Commodore and a newer model Cruze, I'd steer clear of any other Holden's in general. Mazda 3 is a nice vehicle for the option too. Falcon's probably look nicer than Commodores but are not as good overall and as for European cars, great until something goes wrong, then its $$$$$.

Can't comment on any Honda's, never driven one.

@Jimmy That other one has too many k's

Accord Euros are bulletproof but give them all a really good look over. Ive bought and sold 7/8 cars over the years and you can never be too carefully. Ive had peanuts tell me they love their cars blah blah blah... I checked the oil and fuckers as dry as menopausal lesbian jew with a sponge cake up her cunt.

Heres a tip: If the Rego is due within a few months keep crapping on about it like its aids. Its a great price slasher. 

Here's a few priced well.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-Accord-Euro-2010/SSE-AD-4115757/?Cr=0 

2010, $14,000 (90,000 km on the Clock with Rego paid with aug 2017) Should be able to negotiate that down to $13,000 if you show you're deadset about buying it. 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-Accord-Euro-2009/SSE-AD-4130372/?Cr=0

BARGIN: 2009 $11,500 (95,000km Rego Dec 2016) Only concern is P plate on the windscreen. Check the car over very very well and make sure that log book is in order. Young cunts are often lazy and don't care about their shit, more so if the cars passed down to them. If the cars clean, you'll be able to round it down to atleast 11k 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-Accord-Euro-2011/SSE-AD-4182495/?Cr=4

2011, $14,500, 74,000km, 7 months rego. Looks really good value. Try and push for $13,000 but you'll probably have to paid $13,500-750 ish

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-Accord-Euro-2009/SSE-AD-2812654/?Cr=1

2009, $13,500, 75,000km, 3 months rego. Should be able to snap that up under 13k pretty easily.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-Accord-Euro-2011/SSE-AD-4182495/?Cr=4

2011, $14,500, 74,000km, 7 months rego. Looks really good value. Try and push for $13,000 but you'll probably have to paid $13,500-750 ish

"RWC DONE FEW DAYS AGO"

Dumb ass, RWC expires in 30 days, if you're smart you do it after you find a buyer :droy:. Might help you negotiate if he is keen to sell it before the RWC expires and he has to get another.

Edited by Tesla

30 minutes ago, Tesla said:

These older X5s are ugly if you ask me.

BMWs in general don't have any outlandish or great styling (compared to others). The interior on the f15 is almost identical to the interior of the e70 aside from the floating screen.

Exterior:

Bild-Vergleich-BMW-X5-F15-E70-LCI-2013-0

Would not mind an '08 Audi Q7, v8 diesel twin turbo but that shit costs 36+ for a decent one. And they look worse than the e70s. 

I just want a big SUV to fit my big cock

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I'm looking at something like this next http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Subaru-Liberty-2011/SSE-AD-4039288/?Cr=0

Good mix of luxury and sport. Will be interesting to see what AWD feels like.

But cbf doing the whole selling my car thing.

love subarus. almost nothing goes wrong. bulletproof af

55 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Incorrect from personal experience. Can be brittle and easy to find one that's been thrashed to death. Not to say good ones can't be found but just do your due diligence. 

Yeah if it's a WRX lol, no shit it's been thrashed.

That and the BRZ.

The rest arent really cars someone that's going to thrash it is gonna drive.

25 minutes ago, strider said:

what subaru was it brah

My money is on WRX STi while niko was on his Ps, fucking ethnics.

Probably thrashed it once down an industrial estate, drove 20km/h under the speed limit the rest of the time to not draw police attention.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, HeartFc said:

yep spot on, sooo many retards out there.

I told him my lunch break is between 11-12 and asked him where he lived, so if he's close enough I'll come then and he says "I'll give you address when you're willing to come, 12 sounds perfect"

Not worth the headache.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I told him my lunch break is between 11-12 and asked him where he lived, so if he's close enough I'll come then and he says "I'll give you address when you're willing to come, 12 sounds perfect"

Not worth the headache.

If he's had to deal with cunts on gumtree etc. then I can understand the stand off behaviour. Probably thinks you'll apex gang his house that night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Not worth the headache.

LOL!! That sums it up right there. 

Hang in there though!

To be honest retards do waste a lot of ones time but retards are also the best people to negotiate with. If you run into some who's really switched on then you wont get the deal a dime under market value. Every really good bargain I've got in life was taking advantage of other peoples stupidity or mismanagement. The biggest for me was a prefect example of a retarded real estate agent who unsurprisingly went bust a few months after I (along with other buyers) made a mockery of him and his profession. 

He priced the house too high to begin with, was late to every open house, didnt know shit about the home or the materials it was made from, tried to lie about the vendors moving "bayside" for "warmer weather" WTF (clearly a spilt coz there were no mens clothing in the walking wardrobe), looked bored and uninterested, then topped it off by showing way too much interest when I verbalised an offer matching the advertised price.  Ended up getting it 70K cheaper then a house down my court which sold a few months after and was cookie cutter to mine.

If you have the patience, try and make deals with retards!