Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

24 minutes ago, Luke said:

Maybe just maybe not everyone lives in melbourne 

I see your point but this issue is this, these are almost exclusively commercial vehicles. Australia is a big country and people driving commercial vehicles through inner Melbourne are very unlikely to have driven them from outside of Melbourne.

On a side not I have personally witnessed a truck hitting it was fairly hilarious 

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I see your point but this issue is this, these are almost exclusively commercial vehicles. Australia is a big country and people driving commercial vehicles through inner Melbourne are very unlikely to have driven them from outside of Melbourne.

On a side not I have personally witnessed a truck hitting it was fairly hilarious 

There's plenty of statewide commercial transport in and out of melbourne as well interstate 

10 hours ago, n i k o said:

What idiots can't read signs and know the height of their truck :droy: 

You are missing Luke's crucial and so very critical point about the topic at hand... if only we can already get to the crux of situation like him. :droy:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, cadete said:

You are missing Luke's crucial and so very critical point about the topic at hand... if only we can already get to the crux of situation like him. :droy:

I went to France once. A miracle I know, but I remembered to drive on the right side of the road.

• Like 2

On 04/04/2016 at 8:56 AM, bt50 said:

I went to France once. A miracle I know, but I remembered to drive on the right side of the road.

I don't claim to speak for drivers but drivers who've never had that problem literally anywhere else probably wouldn't 2nd guess themselves everytime they drive under a bridge 

25 minutes ago, Luke said:

I don't claim to speak for drivers but drivers who've never had that problem literally anywhere else probably wouldn't 2nd guess themselves everytime they drive under a bridge 

You really are a hard hitter on the biggest of issues... do have immense Social Media fan base and a nomination for the Gold Logie?

30 minutes ago, cadete said:

You really are a hard hitter on the biggest of issues... do have immense Social Media fan base and a nomination for the Gold Logie?

Thought that was more the domain of leftards with an inflated sense of self worth like yourself 

10 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thought that was more the domain of leftards with an inflated sense of self worth like yourself 

LOL - Sorry I forgot that you would never lend yourself to the media seeing as you consider "Soccer Hooligans" an AFL driven Media Myth... :droy::droy:

Calling a bloke, who on this very forum, has time and time again paid out on the greens and said he'd never vote ALP for historical reasons a leftard is pretty fucking funny.

4 hours ago, Luke said:

99.99% of large vehicle drivers know the height of their vehicle and are capable of reading signs and deciding that if their vehicle is higher than a bridge that they shouldn't proceede to crash into it. It's just a spastic minority that are discrediting the human race.

Edited by Jimmy

On Monday, April 04, 2016 at 5:38 PM, KSK_47 said:

Haha. When I heard the news my first thought was "great. Now they are going to spend millions of dollars and cause huge disruptions to make it higher so idiots stop running into it" 

Fast becoming this city's funniest running gag.

Can't wait for the obligatory "I survived the Montague St bridge!" T-shirt.

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTDIM rumours going around stereosonic is dead. Jesus if there was ever a festival that deserved to die it was stereo, the first few were so good then the gym bros took over and it turned to absolute shit.

@Tesla and his Bulkan Balkan mates are allowed their fun to brah.

• Like 1

ttim: finding out i have an assignment due 11 april 11:55pm. found out on the 10th. 

ttdim: not going to uni to watch people's presentations to work on assignment.

ttdim: masters being easy

ttdim: watching UFC 
(ttdim: using illegal foxtel to do so)

ttdim: going to see the umbilical bros tonight

ttim: will miss 3 hours of assignment work if i go to umbilical bros

ttdim: i'll drop pingas and inject cocaine into my eyeball to finish assignment

ttdim: uni life

8 hours ago, Tesla said:

TTDIM : Lebanon. 

Finally we can rid ourselves of the scum that is Tara Brown and 60 minutes. Truly doing Australia a great service. We should redirect all our foreig aid to them to show our gratitude. 

LMFAO!

Today tonight and 60 mins. Really irk me. 

8 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

TTDIM: The new $0 Minimum Eftpos signs that have started appearing recently. Makes it much easier for me to quickly decide which places are worthy of my business and which aren't.

Biggest culture shock between NZ and Australia was how useless Australia has been at embracing eftpos. It's 2016 if you won't accept my card you don't get my business.

Edit, with the exception of Messina, but thats only because theyre lightyears ahead of any competition.

Edited by thisphantomfortress

47 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Biggest culture shock between NZ and Australia was how useless Australia has been at embracing eftpos. It's 2016 if you won't accept my card you don't get my business.

Edit, with the exception of Messina, but thats only because theyre lightyears ahead of any competition.

Interesting.

I've always believed the reason a lot of fast food places don't accept card payments is because they're doing GST dodgies, and the reason for that is because raw food is GST exempt so they don't get any credit for their main inputs.

My quick research suggests there is no such exemption on raw food in NZ, and from what you say more places accept card payments.

So I'm taking this as further evidence to support my theory :up:

Edited by Tesla

4 hours ago, Tesla said:

Interesting.

I've always believed the reason a lot of fast food places don't accept card payments is because they're doing GST dodgies, and the reason for that is because raw food is GST exempt so they don't get any credit for their main inputs.

My quick research suggests there is no such exemption on raw food in NZ, and from what you say more places accept card payments.

It's more likely their motivation is an 'income tax dodgy' as opposed to a 'GST dodgy'.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2016 at 1:25 PM, Tesla said:

Interesting.

Really annoys me when you go to some Lefty Cafe in the Inner North and its Cash Only... 

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Really annoys me when you go to some Lefty Cafe in the Inner North and its Cash Only... 

How can a lefty have a cafe? Shouldn't it be run as some sort of collective with some professional arse kisser (upwards) and head kicker (downwards) who knows fuck all about the business making all the actual decisions whilst pretending to be a comrade?

• 2 weeks later...