Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

On 02/02/2016 at 4:37 PM, Shahanga said:

I reckon the mistake pretty much all Aussies make with American politics is they try to analyse it through "our eyes". I reckon you just can't (unless you are very in tune with the states, which rules out the vast majority).

Ultimatrly yanks didn't giva if their president is a walking foreign policy disaster, they just care about their local issues, whatever they are.

So yeah trump wouldn't get many votes in Australia, but hey it ain't Australia.

FWIW, my primary interest with US politics has always been who is going to deliver the most entertainment value.

So obviously I was always a big George W Bush fan, for example. Seriously, how fucking great was he?

Since then it's been boring AF. Obama is boring, all the republican candidates over the years have been pretty boring, etc.

Until now. In fact, a whole new level has been reached. I don't know how I was so blind before, Donald Trump is the answer. I'm officially joining #TeamTrump.

Seriously, I could watch the video of him talking about Bernie Sanders after new Hampshire at least 20 times lmao.

TTDIM: Donald Trump.

PS hopefully Sanders wins the Democratic nomination as well cause Hilary is boring AF as well, and seeing Trump vs Sanders as the two candidates would be amazing.

Edited by Tesla

4 hours ago, Tesla said:

FWIW, my primary interest with US politics has always been who is going to deliver the most entertainment value.

So obviously I was always a big George W Bush fan, for example. Seriously, how fucking great was he?

Since then it's been boring AF. Obama is boring, all the republican candidates over the years have been pretty boring, etc.

Until now. In fact, a whole new level has been reached. I don't know how I was so blind before, Donald Trump is the answer. I'm officially joining #TeamTrump.

Seriously, I could watch the video of him talking about Bernie Sanders after new Hampshire at least 20 times lmao.

TTDIM: Donald Trump.

PS hopefully Sanders wins the Democratic nomination as well cause Hilary is boring AF as well, and seeing Trump vs Sanders as the two candidates would be amazing.

Trump would destroy Sanders in the polls but then his voter turn out would be about 2% and Sanders would win by a landslide. Cue an epic "juice control the media" rant by Trump 

Edited by thisphantomfortress

On 2/5/2016 at 5:22 PM, Tesla said:

TTDIM: The truly phenomenal effect the combination of stimulants and straight fucking banger music has on my mental ability. I swear I'm only operating at 1% the rest of the time.

Can't wait till I can afford cocaine, will reach a whole other level.

ROFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Just because places like NSW and Qld have it worse doesn't mean our liquor laws aren't shit as well. Better, but still shit. 

there shit, but as i was in the servo near my house the other day (safeway one) they are selling bottles of wine (feelsgoodman) hopefully beer can get squeezed in unnoticed

4 hours ago, Tesla said:

Just because places like NSW and Qld have it worse doesn't mean our liquor laws aren't shit as well. Better, but still shit. 

Why do you care?

Aren't EDM Bangers and Stimulants your game?

On 2/5/2016 at 5:22 PM, Tesla said:

TTDIM: The truly phenomenal effect the combination of stimulants and straight fucking banger music has on my mental ability. I swear I'm only operating at 1% the rest of the time.

Can't wait till I can afford cocaine, will reach a whole other level.

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, n i k o said:

TTDIM: "Commencing with the 2016-17 season, Optus will sub-licence exclusive free-to-air TV rights of one English Premier League (EPL) match per round to SBS for the next three seasons until 2018-2019." 

They gave them most the World Cup rights in exchange, shit deal tbh.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Can non-Optus customers still subscribe to the new "EPL website" that Optus will unveil?

I highly doubt this will be an optus customer only product, they've spent too much money, it will be something anyone can subscribe to surely.

We have an update on the English Premier League, and as promised, you are among the first to know.

Today we announced that Optus is broadcasting all 380 matches of the 2016/17 English Premier League season, and that is just the beginning.

The English Premier League is in good hands with Optus, and it is our aim to provide an experience that has never before been offered to Australian fans. 

You can expect: • Australia's first-ever 24/7 football channel dedicated exclusively to the English Premier League • Access to the most comprehensive range of analysis, news and EPL shows ever offered on our shores, including:

• Pre and post-match magazine shows and game-day analysis live from the UK, including Matchday Live, Football Today and Kick Off
  • New daily EPL news programming and interactive shows such as Fanzone
  • A full suite of English Premier League-produced programs including World, Netbusters and the Saturday and Sunday Review shows
  • On-ground match analysis and reports provided by the Premier League's own pool of experts.

HOW CAN I WATCH? Watch EPL how you want, when you want, with Optus from August 2016. 

Here's how you can immerse yourself in the action: - On your TV: Access Optus' huge range of EPL programming, live and on-demand via Optus TV with Fetch - We will launch a new Optus EPL app for mobile and tablet devices, giving you access to Optus' 24/7 EPL channel and on-demand streaming of matches - You'll also be able to watch your favourite games via an all-new, dedicated Optus EPL website - And for every round, one EPL match will be broadcasted live on SBS - If you love kicking back with mates and watching the game at your local, we've got good news for you - we will have a solution tailored for pubs, clubs and other venues. Be sure to let your local know that they can register their interest today!

Meant for that to be in a quote but don't remember how to

Sounds like they're only interested in the EPL and not other soccer rights, but then they've done this deal to give away EPL games for WC games so who knows.

Can't help but think the A-League would be a good compliment to the EPL if you wanted to have a 24/7 soccer channel.

Will be good if there is a bidding war for the A-League obviously, and hopefully Foxtel loses it (though I doubt it, I reckon they value Australian content more than bein and optus, so they will pay the most).

Edited by Tesla

10 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Optus getting the EPL rights should be in the TTIM thread

Why?

I love witnessing the demise of foxtel :up: 

Shitty company that was a monpoly for the longest time, ripping off Australian consumers, and still to this day the federal government goes out of it's way to protect them (especially the coalition). They can get fucked if you ask me.

And it's not like they delivered a particularly good product, they're expensive, etc.

Plus the entrance of a new player in the sports broadcasting market will be a boost for consumers, bein had been already applying some pressure over the last year or two, now Optus really adding to the competition.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Why?

Shitty company that was a monpoly for the longest time, ripping off Australian consumers, and still to this day the federal government goes out of it's way to protect them (especially the coalition). They can get fucked if you ask me.

And it's not like they delivered a particularly good product, they're expensive, etc.

Plus the entrance of a new player in the sports broadcasting market will be a boost for consumers, bein had been already applying some pressure over the last year or two, now Optus really adding to the competition.

Yep. They're move to buy out One is enough reason to be happy for this to happen. 

4 hours ago, Tesla said:

Why?

Pure self interest.

Due to a stuff up/Comms confusion* with the Mrs we are locked in for another year. 

* naturally this is my fault of course.

On 16/3/2016 at 8:35 PM, Tesla said:

Why?

Theirs was a rare case of a monopoly actually being better for the consumer i think. Last thing you want is a bunch of mini foxtels all with rights to different leagues,or worse still,different matches within the same league. UK epl rights are a mess like that

• 2 weeks later...

TTDIM: That people keep hitting the Montague St bridge. HAHAHA WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Do you not use your common sense?

Do you not see the signs?

Do you not watch the news?

Do you not live in Melbourne?

I just don't understand, I really don't. But it's becoming hilarious at this stage.

Until the nanny state kicks in and they do something to fix the bridge / underpass rather than figuring out a way to cull these people from our society. Then it becomes a TTIM.

5 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Until the nanny state kicks in and they do something to fix the bridge / underpass rather than figuring out a way to cull these people from our society. Then it becomes a TTIM.

Haha. When I heard the news my first thought was "great. Now they are going to spend millions of dollars and cause huge disruptions to make it higher so idiots stop running into it" 

22 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Haha. When I heard the news my first thought was "great. Now they are going to spend millions of dollars and cause huge disruptions to make it higher so idiots stop running into it" 

They probably would have already if it wasn't so hard/expensive to do.

Edited by Tesla

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

TTDIM: That people keep hitting the Montague St bridge. HAHAHA WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Do you not use your common sense?

Do you not see the signs?

Do you not watch the news?

Do you not live in Melbourne?

I just don't understand, I really don't. But it's becoming hilarious at this stage.

Maybe just maybe not everyone lives in melbourne