Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

• 3 weeks later...

TTDIM : meat.

Each to their own, if people want to be vegetarians that's their problem. In fact, it's good for me, less demand for meat means it's cheaper than it otherwise would be.

But I'm a heterosexual male of a sane state of mind (okay maybe that last one is debatable), so it's not for me.

Plane and simple, if it doesn't have meat in it, then it's not a meal.

The abundance of reasonably priced meat is possibly the best thing about being back in Australia.

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Each to their own, if people want to be vegetarians that's their problem. In fact, it's good for me, less demand for meat means it's cheaper than it otherwise would be.

But I'm a heterosexual male of a sane state of mind (okay maybe that last one is debatable), so it's not for me.

The abundance of reasonably priced meat is possibly the best thing about being back in Australia.

Soup is not a meal either

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tesla said:

But Fuhrer Tes, aren't you ignoring the vast and varied negative environment consequences of the meat industry? What of the welfare of the poor little critters? They gave their lives for your half eaten cheeseburgers.

Also, thanks for unbanning me.

• Like 1

TTDIM: Chris Gayle showing that sports stars can still have a personality:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/domestic-cricket/west-indian-cricketer-chris-gayle-criticised-for-pathetic-interview-with-channel-tens-mel-mclaughlin/story-fn5k3es5-1227697526545

Never change mate!

CX32nnDVAAA2Bpp.jpg:large

Edited by kingofhearts
boats n hoes
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

TTDIM: Not being an idiot who believes guerillas are able to understand abstract concepts like climate change

Not sure if Boko Haram spend too much time worrying about climate change and the environmental future of the Great Barrier Reef to be honest

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Not sure if Boko Haram spend too much time worrying about climate change and the environmental future of the Great Barrier Reef to be honest

FARC probably do, could impact their cocaine crops. MILF as well since the Phillipines seem to be getting ravaged with hectic weather lately

Edited by thisphantomfortress

15 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Was talking about that video of Koko apparently giving her opinion on climate change (how anyone can believe this shit is beyond me, the video cuts every 2 seconds)

2 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Was talking about that video of Koko apparently giving her opinion on climate change (how anyone can believe this shit is beyond me, the video cuts every 2 seconds)

Tbh I really don't buy into the Koko shit. I am not a biologist/zoologist and have absolutely no evidence to support my argument but I reckon it's a load of shit

Edited by thisphantomfortress

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

Tbh I really don't buy into the Koko shit. I am not a biologist and have absolutely no evidence to support my argument but I reckon it's a load of shit

That she knows sign language? TBH I don't know much about koko but I can believe she knows how to communicate with sign language in certain situations, whether that's just because she is conditioned to do so or whether there is some sort of thought that goes into it I dont know. But either way, it's a whole different ball game to try and claim she understands about climate change and is sending humans a message. You have to be borderline retarded to believe that, and It's amazing how many people seem to believe it. They've pretty much admitted that it was fake anyway (in case it wasn't obvious).

13 minutes ago, Tesla said:

That she knows sign language? TBH I don't know much about koko but I can believe she knows how to communicate with sign language in certain situations, whether that's just because she is conditioned to do so or whether there is some sort of thought that goes into it I dont know. But either way, it's a whole different ball game to try and claim she understands about climate change and is sending humans a message. You have to be borderline retarded to believe that, and It's amazing how many people seem to believe it. They've pretty much admitted that it was fake anyway (in case it wasn't obvious).

She knows sign language I should have elaborated it's more the expression of complex thoughts and emotions. Basically just agreeing with you but on a broader level than just the climate change stuff

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

FARC probably do, could impact their cocaine crops. MILF as well since the Phillipines seem to be getting ravaged with hectic weather lately

It seems to me your post may have been heavily (Freudian) influenced by an attractive mother from the Phillipines who has moved into your street?

Edited by Shahanga
Fixing autocorrect
  • Like 2

Pretty sure I remember that it's been proven that apes aren't able to comprehend that others have a different knowledge to them and as such have never asked a question through signing. So there's no way they'd be actually trying to share opinions about climate change.

On 11/12/2015 at 11:40 AM, Tesla said:

TTDIM: looking at my bank statements from a few years ago when I was 20/21, and literally all the expenses were : food, petrol, gym shit when I was gym junky, away trips, phone, alcohol.

Those were the days.

Yeah, I also thought this was established in that documentary: NIM.

TTDIM: Leaving my shitty, low-paying, in-office PR job for another role that does not entail:

1) Going to the city
2) Full-time hours
3) Office life
4) Wearing a fuckin' suit everyday 
5) PR
6) Scanning and photocopying documents for your asshole boss

Yes, even the pay is better.
Oh... and it's "casual" -- I develop my own roster (i.e. I wake up and decide to work or not). 
This allows me to go uni and make pretty good dollar.

Have I hit the jackpot? You might think so.

But my dick still small

19 hours ago, strider said:

TTDIM: Leaving my shitty, low-paying, in-office PR job for another role that does not entail:

1) Going to the city
2) Full-time hours
3) Office life
5) PR

Oh... and it's "casual" -- I develop my own roster (i.e. I wake up and decide to work or not). 

But my dick still small

What's it like being a prostitute?

• Like 3

On 1/13/2016 at 4:13 AM, strider said:

1) Going to the city
2) Full-time hours
3) Office life
5) PR

But my dick still small

Does that mean you won't be handing out any more financial advice?

• Like 2

TTDIM: The nearing end of the Toothless Tiger that was the rather uneventful Obama Administration... ultimately a Two Term Presidency that in fifty to sixty years time will be looked back on as largely as mainly an exercise by the US Population in Positive Discrimination in order for future better qualified Candidates from larger variety of backgrounds (Race/Religion/Gender) to be elected into the Presidency. 

TTIM: That the inability of Obama to be to govern and legislate has lead to a particular type of American to actually believe in stupidity that is coming out from a lot of the Republican Party Presidential Candidates (Obviously in particular one Candidate).

It makes no sense that this party continues to drifts further and further from where it stood thirty years ago into believing that a set of rigid simplistic politics can create a complete idealistic fantasy land as unachievable as the crap you would hear avid Marxists advocate.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, hedaik said:

re: his new album? Was always expecting the next one to be dope, hes starting to develop trend of alternating between shit/experimental and good albums. 

yes, well the two tracks he has put out to build hype, not sure if they will actually be on the album.

FWIW, I disagree that his 'experimental' albums are shit, what makes him great is that he pushed boundaries doing creative things, but it's great to have old Kanye back jsut the same.

In b4 Kanye hate, dude saved hip hop by bringing sampling back when everyone was too cheap to do it, deserves legend status just for that.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTDIM: The nearing end of the Toothless Tiger that was the rather uneventful Obama Administration... ultimately a Two Term Presidency that in fifty to sixty years time will be looked back on as largely as mainly an exercise by the US Population in Positive Discrimination in order for future better qualified Candidates from larger variety of backgrounds (Race/Religion/Gender) to be elected into the Presidency. 

TTIM: That the inability of Obama to be to govern and legislate has lead to a particular type of American to actually believe in stupidity that is coming out from a lot of the Republican Party Presidential Candidates (Obviously in particular one Candidate).

It makes no sense that this party continues to drifts further and further from where it stood thirty years ago into believing that a set of rigid simplistic politics can create a complete idealistic fantasy land as unachievable as the crap you would hear avid Marxists advocate.

My mind is blown that Trump is still a front runner, I keep expecting people will switch to a serious candidate but it's not happening. Surely trump can't actually get nominated, yeah there are a lot of rednecks but still wtf.

Bloke is basically Clive Palmer of the USA ffs, someone who doesn't deserve to be rich let alone be in politics.

• Like 2

FWIW, if the left ever wanted to make a good point against capitalism, they should just point to cunts like Trump and Palmer, who are clearly retarded and don't even have much business acumen, but are rich AF purely based off of luck, being dodgy, and inheritance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tesla said:

FWIW, if the left ever wanted to make a good point against capitalism, they should just point to cunts like Trump and Palmer, who are clearly retarded and don't even have much business acumen, but are rich AF purely based off of luck, being dodgy, and inheritance.

Its actually pretty funny how Palmer could not keep a Soccer Club afloat whilst Trump had an even bigger stuff up with his ownership of a USFL Franchise and just in general his major involvement in the failure of the League itself.

Edited by cadete

2 hours ago, cadete said:

Its actually pretty funny how Palmer could not keep a Soccer Club afloat whilst Trump had an even bigger stuff up with his ownership of a USFL Franchise and just in general his major involvement in the failure of the League itself.

Palmer's wealth is, at best, a case of he thought a certain industry would do well in the future and he took a massive gamble on it. At worst, his wealth is a complete fluke. Either way, it's obviously lead to him severely overrating his ability as a businessman, or as anything really, and he is too delusional to realise that he has no fucking clue what he is doing.

Trump deserves a bit more credit, but at the same time when someone has his track record in regard to bankruptcy etc, seems to me they're just gambling with money that's been loaned to them more than anything else.

Either way, both their abilities as a businessman, let alone as a politician, are highly suspect. Which makes it hilarious when all the rednecks that support Trump state his business ability as one of the reasons they're voting for him.

Actually it might work out, probably a good call for the US to default on all it's debt.

• Like 1