Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

• 3 months later...
On 20/11/2019 at 5:41 PM, kingofhearts said:

Ttdim: Italian food.

Pizza, pasta, spaghetti just nothing but good shit they make.

Ye its good shit no doubt but I'm all over the middle eastern these days. Smashing grilled lamb balls with yogurt sauce, mountains of tabbouleh, crispy pita bread drizzled with olive oil, dipping that shit in Baba ghanoush like mother fucker. 

Anyway I've haven't eaten since 11am so this convo is just getting me straight up horny.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

TTDIM: Tiger King. Possibly the best thing ever released on Netflix. Ridiculously stupid/brilliant

If I wasn't looking for a grad job, I would be using this self isolation time to copy his hairstyle

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

TTDIM: Watching true crime documentries

The nightstalker, The confession killer, The hotel cecil, conversations with a killer: The Ted Bundy confession tapes.

Something fascinating but at the same time truely horrifying seeing the story behind some of the most deranged human beings in history.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

TTDIM: Watching true crime documentries

The nightstalker, The confession killer, The hotel cecil, conversations with a killer: The Ted Bundy confession tapes.

Something fascinating but at the same time truely horrifying seeing the story behind some of the most deranged human beings in history.

Give the Iceman documentary a watch. Been prob 10 years since I saw it, but my memory is that it was an interesting watch.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Congratulations!!! That’s awesome news. Perseverance paid off.

Got a good gig with Ford.

Funnily enough, all it took was my resume to be handed directly to the hiring manager rather than going through application systems.

1 hour ago, haz said:

Funnily enough, all it took was my resume to be handed directly to the hiring manager rather than going through application systems.

No shit. 
just a heads up for any job hunters reading this, that is ALWAYS the best way to get a job. Avoid the official HR system like the plaque.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

No shit. 
just a heads up for any job hunters reading this, that is ALWAYS the best way to get a job. Avoid the official HR system like the plaque.

I think this is more true for technical roles. People generally tend to hire/like/recommend people that are similar to them. HR staff are generally not the 'types' that excel in technical roles.

6 hours ago, haz said:

5 hours ago, Shahanga said:

No shit. 

So start to build your network now. Once I got started that was the way I got every subsequent job until I retired. Heard of the vacancy through the network (often knew or knew of the bloke who'd moved on) and decided to apply via the network. It's how the system works!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...