Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, haz said:

Nah mate thats a TTIM: Nothing is given to us. No centre link, no scholarships, no trade apprenticeships etc.

We have labour day dedicated to us as a holiday. You know cause we at least have jobs. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

TTDIM: Inner city Brisbane is full of low testosterone men and the burbs are full of mongoloid. Meaning you simply wear a collared shirt and string 3 sentences together and girls think you're a celebrity. If anyones in Brisbane hit me and we'll head out for a night of chasing bringe drinking country girls. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

TTDIM: Inner city Brisbane is full of low testosterone men and the burbs are full of mongoloid. Meaning you simply wear a collared shirt and string 3 sentences together and girls think you're a celebrity. If anyones in Brisbane hit me and we'll head out for a night of chasing bringe drinking country girls. 

My sister in Brisbane is a binge drinking country girl

57 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Does she get legless in Fortitude Valley every Saturday? Those are my favourites. 

ROFL - I remember we went up for game in Brisbane and stayed there... walking around I could hear so many Cover Bands at Dirty "Theme Pubs" being treated like Gods by completely smashed young Outer Suburban Brisbane Girls.

Edited by cadete

• 2 weeks later...

TTDIM: The Herald sun supporting Mark Knights cartoon and not bowing down to the PC bridgade.

Absolutely crazy the reaction from around the globe. Shows that yanks have NFI about what a caricature is.

Good on for the Herald sun coming out and supporting him publicly, not that it is exactly the greatest newspaper in the world however they have got this one right.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

TTDIM: The Herald sun supporting Mark Knights cartoon and not bowing down to the PC bridgade.

Absolutely crazy the reaction from around the globe. Shows that yanks have NFI about what a caricature is.

Good on for the Herald sun coming out and supporting him publicly, not that it is exactly the greatest newspaper in the world however they have got this one right.

Social media gives complete spuds a voice. I hate it

17 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

TTDIM: The Herald Sun's front page tomorrow

https://imgur.com/DwEXRpW

18 hours ago, haz said:

Social media gives complete spuds a voice. I hate it

Hmmm.

do you find any irony in your post?

(I do agree it allows uninformed comment by anonymous people; but this includes football forums. Incidentally This is why I try to be both informed and objective and never make criticism of a player personal. Ie player x is a poor defender at A League level, not “player x is shit”)

14 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Hmmm.

do you find any irony in your post?

(I do agree it allows uninformed comment by anonymous people; but this includes football forums. Incidentally This is why I try to be both informed and objective and never make criticism of a player personal. Ie player x is a poor defender at A League level, not “player x is shit”)

Yea I realise this everytime I make a statement like this.....

So long as we dont start spreading clickbait, false news (Iniesta rumours excluded ;)), extreme SJW views etc on this forum then I think its not close to as bad as social media

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

Yea I realise this everytime I make a statement like this.....

So long as we dont start spreading clickbait, false news (Iniesta rumours excluded ;)), extreme SJW views etc on this forum then I think its not close to as bad as social media

Agree. This Forum has very low participation. It's also not syndicated. 

"Social media" is actually "anti-social media" (shades of "1984"). Instant, un-edited and syndicated.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:30 PM, GreenSeater said:

TTDIM: The Betoota Advocate's recent procession of articles about Tony Abbott becoming the Indigenous Envoy. Absolute gold.

The BA dont seem to know that he has been given the position to resume the hard work he was doing as PM on placing the Indigenous in the constitution... Turnbull (despite perceptions of him as a Lefty Lib) canned the idea because of it being unpopular with a lot of lesser known Members of the Coalition - Abbott as PM did not care about the idea's popularity and saw it as a Moral Cause.

Edited by cadete

15 hours ago, cadete said:

The BA dont seem to know that he has been given the position to resume the hard work he was doing as PM on placing the Indigenous in the constitution... Turnbull (despite perceptions of him as a Lefty Lib) canned the idea because of it being unpopular with a lot of lesser known Members of the Coalition - Abbott as PM did not care about the idea's popularity and saw it as a Moral Cause.

If they didn't know (not going to assume either way), I highly doubt they would even care. And why should they? It is satire and amusing...

IMO it is practically unAustralian to get worked up about this sort of thing.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, malloy said:

If they didn't know (not going to assume either way), I highly doubt they would even care. And why should they? It is satire and amusing...

IMO it is practically unAustralian to get worked up about this sort of thing.

I am not worked up - just sharing some information not many people know.

FWIW thats the first time I have heard/seen the word "UnAustralian" in a very long time... what does it even mean these days?

Edited by cadete