Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

6 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTDIM: Winx finally racing at Flemington... only time I have seen her race in person before was against only two other horses last year in the Caulfield Stakes.

Saw her at the plate last year when she brained em on the straight. What a horse

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Saw her at the plate last year when she brained em on the straight. What a horse

Yeah, I was a MV Member but the Cox Plate kept falling on crap days so I have never seen her run in one and I did really know any other MV Members to attend Cox Plates with so I decided to give that Membership away when I got married. 

Being a MRC and VRC Member which I use together only for five days a years is expensive enough.

Edited by cadete

Just now, cadete said:

Yeah, I was a MV Member but the Cox Plate kept falling on crap days so I have never seen her run in one and I did really know any other MV Members so I decided to give that Membership away when I got married. 

Being a MRC and VRC Member which I use together only for five days a years is expensive enough.

MV membership is pretty good value if you live in Melbourne. Prob a bit over the top if you live in the rat and only make one or two meetings a year though.

I prefer the valley to Flemington, (havent been to Caulfield) its just got a nicer feel to it. Friday night racing is fantastic. Had the pleasure of seeing Black Caviar, So You Think and Winx all have wins there too.

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

MV membership is pretty good value if you live in Melbourne. Prob a bit over the top if you live in the rat and only make one or two meetings a year though.

I prefer the valley to Flemington, (havent been to Caulfield) its just got a nicer feel to it. Friday night racing is fantastic. Had the pleasure of seeing Black Caviar, So You Think and Winx all have wins there too.

MV Membership is great value and they treats the Members well but I got no use out of it...

I also like the quirkiness of the Valley, my favorite track is Caulfield though because that is where I went as a Kid and the place is just the right size... also Guineas Day is the best day of Racing in Victoria. 

Also I find Caulfield is the easiest track to pick winners in Set Weight Events... the Valley has a much worse bias of course but the bias at Caulfield as they run down the hill is far more predictable.

On 05/02/2016 at 4:08 PM, Embee said:

TTDIM: Free wifi at work.

Which means all the Spotify and NBA League Pass I want on my mobile

EDIT: Just checked and it turns out I have Spotify on my computer aswell, and Youtube.

Free wifi at school does not irk me either. 

15 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Tony Abbott.

has principles.

calls it like it is

I'll bite. First it was Tony Abbot who said he was a weather vane and this week Julie Bishop (his deputy) who publicly asked to explain why he supported a different position when he was leader of the party. Now, I have noticed how often people overlook events of yesteryear and claim something that doesn't bear scrutiny. My puzzle is why do people do this?

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

I'll bite. First it was Tony Abbot who said he was a weather vane and this week Julie Bishop (his deputy) who publicly asked to explain why he supported a different position when he was leader of the party. Now, I have noticed how often people overlook events of yesteryear and claim something that doesn't bear scrutiny. My puzzle is why do people do this?

Bill shorten used to agree marriage was between a man and a woman.

For what it's worth I thought Tabbott explained the progression of his thinking very clearly in his excellent recent speech.

Edited by Shahanga

1 hour ago, Tangerine said:

FWIW - Tony Abbott has zero experience in the energy industry and should be treated as such. He may decide he has 'principles' from time to time but he doesn't actually understand the business world. Current energy prices have everything to do with politics and a lot to do with TAbbott.

Biggest complaint from the industry side of things seems to be that theres no policy from the Government, hence nobody knows what to invest in. 

• Like 1

On 13/10/2017 at 8:29 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

I've heard he's actually one of the nicest guys in Canberra too. He's just a touch too conservative for my tastes 

Always been a good local member from all reports. 

He is basically that Jock at School that was also annoyingly smart.