Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

16 hours ago, jeffplz said:

TTDIM: Being able to identify as white or muslim whenever it's convenient. Gotta love the white privilege + #notallmuslims sympathy from whichever side I feel like arguing against on a given day

I always found the left and Muslims as such strange bedfellows. Muslim values and culture if far more aligned with a conservative view point. Interested in your opinion from the inside for lack of a better term. 

45 minutes ago, Jovan said:

After being as sick as dog aall week and wanting to die to now kicking back at a barbie on my 3rd beer and contemplating hitting the scotch. 

My only problem the guests don't arrive until 4pm.

Hit that scotch brother. The guests can serve themselves

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I always found the left and Muslims as such strange bedfellows. Muslim values and culture if far more aligned with a conservative view point. Interested in your opinion from the inside for lack of a better term. 

Yeah, I also find it strange. I feel like the left are using us as "token oppressed cunts" to increase sympathy points. It's fucken annoying considering how much muslims and leftists differ in ideology, leading to "liberal muslims" changing their own faith just to fit in with the multicoloured hair wearing sjw's. 

Not saying their desire for peace and love is wrong, but the contradictory lgbt support and fake feminism really gets on my nerves. 

45 minutes ago, Jovan said:

After being as sick as dog aall week and wanting to die to now kicking back at a barbie on my 3rd beer and contemplating hitting the scotch. 

Hit that scotch brother. The guests can serve themselves

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jovan said:

Sounds balkan af, hit the scotch on the rocks and it's perfect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, haz said:

Are Americans actually stupid? Or is it because they have such a large population that the Spuds really stand out?

There is a level of ignorance to the world outside of America in the general population. We consider this stupidity but most of them are OK. Then they really suffer of the population size magnifying their nuffies. Imagine if australia had 15 times the population... 

Edited by thisphantomfortress
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

There is a level of ignorance to the world outside of America in the general population. We consider this stupidity but most of them are OK. Then they really suffer of the population size magnifying their nuffies. Imagine if australia had 15 times the population... 

Imagine 300000 paid up tards. Now that is scary.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

When I spent some time in India close to 20 years ago, I was shocked to discover that their awareness of the outside world made the average seppo seem a global citizen in comparison 

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

When I spent some time in India close to 20 years ago, I was shocked to discover that their awareness of the outside world made the average seppo seem a global citizen in comparison 

Speaking of Yanks and India. I was in Varanasi and it was pissing rain. We were all hanging out playing cards, smoking etc and it was fairly late in the evening. This South African guy was doing a blog and took photos of this group of yank students we were playing with. He then said "tell me one thing about yourselves." first girl ditsy West coaster "well I consider myself a citizen of the world."

I stood up, turned around not a single word and left the table. Still to this day the cringiest thing I've ever heard. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Speaking of Yanks and India. I was in Varanasi and it was pissing rain. We were all hanging out playing cards, smoking etc and it was fairly late in the evening. This South African guy was doing a blog and took photos of this group of yank students we were playing with. He then said "tell me one thing about yourselves." first girl ditsy West coaster "well I consider myself a citizen of the world."

I stood up, turned around not a single word and left the table. Still to this day the cringiest thing I've ever heard. 

Seriously, you will never hear more idiotic self-righteous shit than at a Backpackers... if I was a novelist one of the first place I would go for material would be a Backpackers due to idiots they always contain.

I had some dumb Canadian bloke this year at Backpackers say to me: "I think you are a really Judgmental person" in a tone like I had committed a sin against Mother Earth.

Because calling someone you just meet "Judgmental" is not judging anybody at all.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTDIM: when you are walking through the city between 4.30-6pm and cars go into the intersection and get stuck there. walking really slow past them so they cut off the traffic going the other way and making them get beeped. So satisfying

Some men just want to watch the world burn....

• Like 3

15 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTDIM: when you are walking through the city between 4.30-6pm and cars go into the intersection and get stuck there. walking really slow past them so they cut off the traffic going the other way and making them get beeped. So satisfying

I have to admit hate this.. I originally got my license in WA where there is so little foot traffic the car actually gets right of way so missing the lights due to slow walkers still gets me annoyed.

15 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

If you're dumb enough to be driving in the CBD, you're dumb enough to be trolled by me

Obv you are right about most examples but when I lived in Carlton for years I actually learnt  PPL make too much fuss over avoiding driving in the City. If you use the streets you can actually get through it a lot faster than most PPL think...

20 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I get pleasure out of this and people running and missing public transport. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

I get pleasure out of this and people running and missing public transport. 

I NEVER run for PT, I will miss it to avoid the shame. But I LOVE it when i see people miss trains and trams. The very best is the pissed off luck as they mash the button and the door doesn't open and the tram/train (never catch buses ew) rolls on. Its a bonus if they do the outraged hands in the air gesture as if the driver cares.

• Like 1

What about the lift?

Do you run or lunge to make it. And if you do run or lunge do you go with the arm or foot to block the door? 

Alternatively if inside said lift and you see someone making the dash do you stop the doors or close the doors on the dasher. Obviously hot chicks are not included in the discussion. 

• Like 1