Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

TTDIM: When I am really bored at work and read up on how the Climate Change Predictions from PPL like Al Gore and Tim Flannery turned out... because in 2006 I was apparently a Science Denier to not believe absolutely everything these two dudes (Who are not Scientists) feed to the Lefty Media.

Some of them are fucken hillarous.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Milk in coffee is fine. The real crime is sugar in coffee.

I'll go one step further, the real crime is allowing milk to overheat thereby burning the sugar in the milk which in turns requires sugar to be added. Basically shit baristas are TTIM. 

7 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Milk in coffee is fine. The real crime is sugar in coffee.

Disagree. 

With some many coffee shops around it's hard to find a really really good coffee. 

To avoid the obvious dissapointment I go with 1 sugar. So basically regardless of how retarded the barista is you are guaranteed at least a drinkable coffee. 

Once I find a half decent barista I drop the sugar and then if satisfied I go the short black from only the tried a true.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Disagree. 

With some many coffee shops around it's hard to find a really really good coffee. 

To avoid the obvious dissapointment I go with 1 sugar. So basically regardless of how retarded the barista is you are guaranteed at least a drinkable coffee. 

Once I find a half decent barista I drop the sugar and then if satisfied I go the short black from only the tried a true.

Precisely this. I do the same. And time and time again the number one fuck up is how they heat the milk. Secondly is the quality of beans. Thirdly it's the machine coffee equipment used. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

You should join the Navy then

I'm not dumb enough to let one off (and I hate when our terrace do it, but credit to them I don't think there was one ripped at a game this season) but I think they look pretty cool.

I believe the argument that, done safely, they're a pretty cool element to football, but I would never do one myself

UOTYH perhaps?

Edited by Hellenic Hero

On 06/07/2017 at 3:50 PM, Embee said:

I personally don't taste too much difference between the bottled Coke and Coke Zero, the biggest differences are in the Syrup based ones IMO.

I never get Zero from McDonald's or the movies, tastes horrible.

Can confirm this problem has been completely solved by no sugar. I tried one at maccas a couple weeks ago and I honest to god thought they'd fucked up given me a regular coke. Then I just had another on the drive home from work and nope, taste the same as a fortnight earlier.

Firmly in the no sugar>Zero camp now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

TTDIM: that out constitution bans people with multiple citizenships sitting in our parliament. 

It honestly boggles my mind how flawed the logic behind this is, I don't even know where to begin. 

Having said that, you have to follow the rules that exist. 

9 hours ago, Tesla said:

It honestly boggles my mind how flawed the logic behind this is, I don't even know where to begin. 

As a policy concern I can kinda see why, the constitution was written when colonialism was in full swing and we didn't want pesky krauts in parliament. That being said the fact it's so hard to change the constitution means that even though it makes less sense in a modern context, it isn't going away. 

5 hours ago, bt50 said:

Regardless of whether i agree with it or not, the very basic logic makes sense really. A MP or senator that doesnt have dual nationality doesnt have a conflict of interest. Simples.

Yet we allow Chinese to bribe our politicians and a yank to control most of our media

1 minute ago, hedaik said:

Yet we allow Chinese to bribe our politicians and a yank to control most of our media

The mainstream media's been fucked for years, people are finally starting to work it out that its all just activism rather than journalism.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

TTDIM: That one Greens senator resigning because he re-checked his citizenship details could lead to the LNP losing their majority in the house of reps. This country's political system is such a joke

It looks like that on the face of it but surely this must have been going on for some time and everyone just turned a blind eye to it? And then some wise young pup has thought they'd rat the Greens senator out and its turned into a free for all?

Then again, the flip side could be that the Greens knew this would happen and got one of their senators to go all kamikaze style to shake it all up. Probably giving the Greens too much credit there though...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

It looks like that on the face of it but surely this must have been going on for some time and everyone just turned a blind eye to it? And then some wise young pup has thought they'd rat the Greens senator out and its turned into a free for all?

Then again, the flip side could be that the Greens knew this would happen and got one of their senators to go all kamikaze style to shake it all up. Probably giving the Greens too much credit there though...

No way the Greens knew...

Finally, the Greens have grown to the point where they have to have a proper structure, a united party room and membership and make policies that PPL will hold them accountable to at the next election. And they have none of the above.

Policy wise they are being fairly blamed for everybody's unnecessary more expensive energy bills due to their part in when Rudd saved the Climate Change Catastrophe (Now renamed as the Drought we had in 2008). Then internally now that the Party has become bigger the behind the doors fights between those in the party who are mainly Green Focused and the Re-Housed Communists from the old days are much more noticeable.

40 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Yeah I think you're giving the Greens too much credit. I think it is most likely the wise young pup scenario with everyone turning a blind eye to it for years. I just find it hilarious how high and mighty many MPs were acting when Ludlam did come out and resign and talking about how ignorant he was. Now it's happening to everyone all across parliament the shit is hitting the fan.

23 hours ago, Tesla said:

Couldn't disagree more about flawed logic. I could explain but couldn't be fucked.

15 hours ago, bt50 said:

Regardless of whether i agree with it or not, the very basic logic makes sense really. A MP or senator that doesnt have dual nationality doesnt have a conflict of interest. Simples.

Well a few years back there was a confirmed case of an Australian senator working as a spy for the US government, and he wasn't a dual national afaik.

Oh and no one gave a fuck about him being a spy yet someone having a dual citizenship and nothing else to do with another country is meant to be a big deal? (aside from that it's against the rules) 

Putting all that aside, the strangest thing about this is that there is an implied assumption that a politician is some great benevolent patriot whose only doing the job to further the nation. We all know that's bullshit, they're all there for their own personal benefit and to serve their own interests, not the interest of any country they hold citizenship to. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Dunkirk was fucking shit. Too damn loud and sentimental "story" was lame and uninteresting

Pretty much the real story is that the French retreated once again... what an amazing and unbelievable story.

Edited by cadete
  • Haha 1