Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

On 2017-6-5 at 10:21 PM, Jovan said:

Have you ever found any joy in the world? That was an amazing goal. 

On 2017-6-4 at 7:32 PM, Thrillhouse said:

gk deserves a chunk of blame for it 

Were the tickets to the final too expensive?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Lol @ people that drink coffee when they could drink energy drinks instead for their caffeine fix. 

This

Although to be fair it can get quite expensive (I can't have anything less than a 500ml can) if you have em every day.

Insta-coffee is teacher gold.

Have you tried the new V? Very fruity. Its a gold can and appropriately named 'bling'

Edited by strider

1 minute ago, strider said:

This

Although to be fair it can get quite expensive (I can't have anything less than a 500ml can) if you have em every day.

Have you tried the new V? Very fruity. Its a gold can an appropriately named 'bling'

Yeh i have. Dont rate it tbh.

Blue V on the other hand :wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, strider said:

This

Have you tried the new V? Very fruity. Its a gold can and appropriately named 'bling'

I only drink sugar free, and yeah it gets expensive if you drink at least 500ml a day like mr, but I generally only buy when on special and stock up.

TBH might start cutting back cause of the cost. 

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Amen. I though the troisi discussions were decent quality then they dropped the signings on us. It was a good day 

The forum was really painful over the last few weeks but yesterday was actually a massive boost. 

Things will really take a lift once the new boss is announced. 

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Just complained that focus groups are making companies pander to the lowest common denominator. 

I did a focus group for Pringles about 18 months ago where I said I couldnt notice any difference which eventually turned into 'uproar' in the news for a short while, but nobody seems to care about that anymore. 

Edited by hedaik

2 hours ago, hedaik said:

I did a focus group for Pringles about 18 months ago where I said I couldnt notice any difference which eventually turned into 'uproar' in the news for a short while, but nobody seems to care about that anymore. 

Did you get paid?

13 minutes ago, Tesla said:

How do I get in on this?

In b4 TeslaFocueGroupBot doing 100 focus groups a day.

Well theres sites like valuedopinions.com.au where you get paid roughly $2 for a 15 min survey, I just do surveys on the couch while the missus is watchign reality shit on TV, I probably make about $20-$40 a week from them (fuck all to some, but its easy pocket money, especially with my gambling arb'ing added). Quite often the surveys I do you'll see the results pop up in the news a few weeks later. 

But the good ones are the in person focus groups (Farron Research) where you get paid $100 or so for an hour just to talk shit. Ive only done one as the times dont really suit me, but it was just an hour of a guy researching on behalf of Nissan asking about my car purchase and why I chose Nissan. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Well theres sites like valuedopinions.com.au where you get paid roughly $2 for a 15 min survey, I just do surveys on the couch while the missus is watchign reality shit on TV, I probably make about $20-$40 a week from them (fuck all to some, but its easy pocket money, especially with my gambling arb'ing added). Quite often the surveys I do you'll see the results pop up in the news a few weeks later. 

But the good ones are the in person focus groups (Farron Research) where you get paid $100 or so for an hour just to talk shit. Ive only done one as the times dont really suit me, but it was just an hour of a guy researching on behalf of Nissan asking about my car purchase and why I chose Nissan. 

Yeah probably not grinding the online ones if I can't cheat somehow but wouldn't mind those off line ones since I can probably do them. 

41 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Yeah probably not grinding the online ones if I can't cheat somehow but wouldn't mind those off line ones since I can probably do them. 

I had one a couple of days ago, talk about Furphys and how they can expand to other states for an hour for $100. They usually wont let you do more than a few every 6 months though.

TTDIM :Watching the pc brigade overreact to the smallest things. 

Case in point: what Pauline Hanson said today about autistic children in classrooms. 

FWIW I honestly don't have a problem with what she said,  but watching social media go into meltdown over it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. 

Do these people just get offended about anything these days? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

TTDIM :Watching the pc brigade overreact to the smallest things. 

Case in point: what Pauline Hanson said today about autistic children in classrooms. 

FWIW I honestly don't have a problem with what she said,  but watching social media go into meltdown over it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. 

Do these people just get offended about anything these days? 

Shouldnt be such a debated issue. The kid does a test, if he/she is too slow they go into the special Ed department (that's why the government pays millions to schools) and if they pass they can attend a regular class.

But I do agree to an extent of Pauline-PantsDown. Obviously in high school there's no issue as subjects are split academic. But in Primary school I remember classes being disrupted from the autistic kid and the adhd kid throwing chairs at each other. One time a kid's dad came into the class and choked slammed the adhd kid for bulling his kid.

• Like 2