Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

47 minutes ago, eric forman said:

TTDIM; Spotify

Funnily enough it irked me today, put a completely unwarranted song in my daily mix. 

I tend to agree with Det though, Netflix and Spotify are fantastic. I guess I only ever downloaded for the convenience. Now the inconvenience of buying has been removed I am more than happy to pay for the service.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eric forman said:

TTDIM; Spotify

Indeed, but it does irk me that there are a lot of examples for me personally when I want to hear a song and it's not on there. On the other hand I've found a lot more music I wouldn't have if I didnt use it so I guess it balances out.

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Now the inconvenience of buying has been removed I am more than happy to pay for the service.

I think Steam proved this long ago, it's kind of surprising it took so long for other industries to get with the program. Ain't no one got time to be pirating when they can just pay for convenience instead. Unless you're unemployed or something. Even little kids have daddy's credit card to buy whatever they want these days.

Edited by Tesla

3 hours ago, Tesla said:

Even little kids have daddy's credit card to buy whatever they want these days.

The moment I turned 10, I had to pay half of whatever I wanted. Which has turned me into a tight arse, but not the stingy type :up:.

Edited by haz

On 10/03/2017 at 10:20 AM, cadete said:

Been on Premium Spotify since it came out and the best value for money subscription you can have... it amazes me when PPL tell me they just got it and saw the worth of the thing now.

When I was a 14yr old and someone had told me that Spotify would exist I would have be awestruck.

I held off and only just moved to premium. I was stupid

TTDIM: Fights

At lunchtime today, my friends and I (Year 9s) were invited by a bunch of year 11's to play a game of rugby against the year 12s.

It was a normal (but rough) game until one of the year 12s slammed a small kid in my year to the ground. Everyone (including me) stood up for the kid and a massive brawl broke out involving about 100 people (also including some year 10's who weren't part of the game, but got involved in the fight as well!)

After about 10 minutes of full on brawling the school got the really buff sports teacher (and 10 other teachers) to break up the fight. Also, 3 people had their shirts ripped and 5 guys had blood noses!!!:)

Best lunchtme ever!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

At lunchtime today, my friends and I (Year 9s) were invited by a bunch of year 11's to play a game of rugby against the year 12s.

It was a normal (but rough) game until one of the year 12s slammed a small kid in my year to the ground. Everyone (including me) stood up for the kid and a massive brawl broke out involving about 100 people (also including some year 10's who weren't part of the game, but got involved in the fight as well!)

After about 10 minutes of full on brawling the school got the really buff sports teacher (and 10 other teachers) to break up the fight. Also, 3 people had their shirts ripped and 5 guys had blood noses!!!:)

Best lunchtme ever!!

Where do you go to school?

43 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Best lunchtme ever!!

Funniest fight out of many I saw at high school (which was 50% indigenous), was two aboriginals kids outside of the canteen. They were going at it then out of nowhere a whole sausage roll nailed one of these kids flat in the face with the thrower yelling "FEED HIM".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, haz said:

Funniest fight out of many I saw at high school (which was 50% indigenous), was two aboriginals kids outside of the canteen. They were going at it then out of nowhere a whole sausage roll nailed one of these kids flat in the face with the thrower yelling "FEED HIM".

We had a lot of (obv very pathetic) fights at my All Boys Junior School, what I never got was why every felt making Gorilla noises to alert each other of such a fight was necessary as all it did was alert the teachers quicker than the students. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elieanid said:

TTDIM: This image below......definitely a good laugh from a neutral prospective watching Arsenal videos of this colourful person.

Le Blud, Le Fam.jpg

Was it you wearing Liverpool shorts and a Melburnians shirt, smoking a cigarette, outside the stadium? I think I saw you...

Edited by Hellenic Hero

On 11 October 2016 at 10:28 AM, Baka1 said:

In August there was year 11s vs year 12s futsal in the gym. I was in goals for the 12s and my mate ended up tucking the winner for a 1-0 win for the 11s in extra time. 5 seconds later an all out 50+ man brawl broke out as most of us 12s don't like the 11s and vice versa. Someone said something then bang chaos, teachers had no hope stopping it and it lasted at least 5 minutes. image.jpegI've got pics but I need the video I know someone's got it haha! Good times 😂😂

@Hellenic Hero have a read mate B)

15 hours ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Was it you wearing Liverpool shorts and a Melburnians shirt, smoking a cigarette, outside the stadium? I think I saw you...

Nope........definitely wasn't wearing that nor do I smoke. lol.

Edited by elieanid

1 hour ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Haha what do tryouts consist of?

14 minutes ago, AyeCee said:

The 100m dash, followed by a test of your social media posting skills.

A background knowledge of the cheapest places to buy Fred Perry will also help. Goodluck!

Don't forget your flare ripping skills either. 

22 hours ago, malloy said:

Interdasting. You actually going to run a farm or are you speculating or even both?

by farm i mean big patch of dirt up far north, wont do much on it, maybe a 20 - 50k porta-home off-the-grid and let it increase in value over the years

also been looking at places like portland between melb and radelaide, land for cheap, nice little 'fuck the city' vibes when you want yadig? 

On 23/03/2017 at 3:09 PM, n i k o said:

Yeh like you'd ever show your identity. 

Edit: Msg if serious though.

Edit: No msg. Full of shit.

by cheap i mean take the 300 for 4.7k (2013 special edition, only 3k kms, cheapest on bikesales is 5k). 

21 hours ago, strider said:

by farm i mean big patch of dirt up far north, wont do much on it, maybe a 20 - 50k porta-home off-the-grid and let it increase in value over the years

also been looking at places like portland between melb and radelaide, land for cheap, nice little 'fuck the city' vibes when you want yadig? 

by cheap i mean take the 300 for 4.7k (2013 special edition, only 3k kms, cheapest on bikesales is 5k). 

Getting way too close to my home town. Go the other direction plz.

• Like 5