Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

On 1/17/2017 at 3:43 PM, kingofhearts said:

Yeah true, talking to my Dad the other night he was recommending me Midnight oil and Australian crawl which would be two bands around that era i'd assume. Their next on my list to listen too. INXS on the list too now that you recommended it.

wasted a fair bit of time thinking about this.

Was a great era for Aussie music.  The big three I guess were Cold Chisel, Midnight Oil and INXS (that's my order of preference) but a lot of others bands who's music i really enjoyed.  You didn't mention "Chisel" but I presume you are all over them.  I probably listened to a more commercial spectrum than say @NewConvert but here's a few for you to check out quickly, apologies if you're all over them - most are pretty obvious.  This list is not exhaustive, listen to a few should help you figure out what else you might like:

in kind of decreasing heaviness of rock:

• Angels, The Radiators (lyrics are probably right up your street to be honest), Choir Boys
  • Dragon, Mental as Anything, Gangajang, icehouse, Weddings Parties Anything
  • Eurogliders, Paul Kelly & the coloured girls (or & the messengers), Black Sorrows
  • Lefties: Redgum, Goanna
  • More fringe: Saints, Strange Tenants, The Stems, Go Betweens

• Like 3

On 17/01/2017 at 3:43 PM, kingofhearts said:

Yeah true, talking to my Dad the other night he was recommending me Midnight oil and Australian crawl which would be two bands around that era i'd assume. Their next on my list to listen too. INXS on the list too now that you recommended it.

This may sound a bit weird but the soundtrack to the movie "Young Einstein" has some of the best aussie music from that era. Terrible film but great soundtrack. Had big pig, icehouse, paul kelly, the saints and a few others i cant remember.

New Zealand also had some good music around that era too

12 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

This may sound a bit weird but the soundtrack to the movie "Young Einstein" has some of the best aussie music from that era. Terrible film but great soundtrack. Had big pig, icehouse, paul kelly, the saints and a few others i cant remember.

That is one of the first movies I can ever remember watching. That soundtrack was fantastic,

12 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

TTDIM: Getting smashed on a Friday night after a long arse week. Your all cunts but your alright. Tesla the know it all cunt is alright. Cadete knows his politcs so he's a cunt but he's alright. Strider is just a cunt flat out. And the rest of you cunts can get fucked. But your all alright. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

TTDIM: Getting smashed on a Friday night after a long arse week. Your all cunts but your alright. Tesla the know it all cunt is alright. Cadete knows his politcs so he's a cunt but he's alright. Strider is just a cunt flat out. And the rest of you cunts can get fucked. But your all alright. 

TTDIM: my drunk posts being (in my mind anyway) less obvious than this 

• Like 1

TTDIM: AFL Women's 

skills weren't amazing but the effort, toughness and general spectacle was seriously impressive, and being at Princes Park for the first time in 12 years was fucking unreal (it's funny, I didn't realise how big a shithole that stadium was as a kid since I didn't really know better ahaha) but the atmosphere was top notch for a game that's notorious for not having great atmosphere. 

10/10 night, if you're into footy I recommend going.

On 03/02/2017 at 8:54 PM, n i k o said:

Thanks man.

13 hours ago, n i k o said:

Multiple genders are just for ugly people who want to have a second chance by being another gender. 

There are three genders.  Male, Female and Hermaphrodite (which is a genuine medical condition)

I never get involved in these types of debates but when it gets to a point of stupidity, it becomes frustrating (TRIGGERED)

Edited by haz

On 2/12/2017 at 4:44 AM, Tesla said:

Exactly why Trump could drop a nuke on my house and he is still God. 

LOL - By saying this you have just demonstrated that your own Politics are as one-sided and biased as the the Pinko bloke in the video who annoys you so much...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cadete said:

LOL - By saying this you have just demonstrated that your own Politics are as one-sided and biased as the the Pinko bloke in the video who annoys you so much...

If anyone thinks this forum isn't just a right wing safe space they're gunna hav a bad time. It's like a slightly less insane /r/the_donald in here

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

If anyone thinks this forum isn't just a right wing safe space they're gunna hav a bad time. It's like a slightly less insane /r/the_donald in here

Right wing? Definitely. Safe space? No way. Cunts are like ravenous dogs to get the chance to debate lefty logic on the few occasions it comes up here.

Besides, safe spaces are for faggots ;) 

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The amount of times I go to post in the Domestic Politics thread and then decide against it for this exact reason is ridiculous

TTDIM: This little classic from "Yes, Prime Minister."

Prime Minister Hacker: Don't tell me about the Press. I know exactly who reads the papers. The Daily Mirror is read by the people who think they run the country. The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country. The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country. The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country. The Financial Times is read by people who own the country. The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country, and The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who think it is.

Secretary Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Assistant Secretary Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country - as long as she's got big tits.

• Like 3

TTDIM: Important Health Information

IMPORTANT HEALTH INFORMATION FOR MEN AND WOMEN

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?
Do you suffer from shyness?
Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist
about Cabernet Sauvignon.

Cabernet Sauvignon is the safe, natural way to feel better and more
confident about yourself and your actions. It can help ease you out of your
shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing to do just
about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Cabernet Sauvignon almost immediately and,
with a regimen of regular doses, you can overcome any obstacles that prevent
you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past and you will discover
many talents you never knew you had.

Stop hiding and start living.

Cabernet Sauvignon may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or
nursing should not use it. However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or
becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, intoxication, loss of
motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, delusions
of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire
to sing Karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and
Naked Twister.

WARNINGS:
* The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may make you think you are
whispering when you are not.
* The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to tell your friends
over and over again that you love them.
* The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to think you can
compose and recite poetry.
* The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may make you think you can converse
enthusiastically with members of the opposite sex without spitting.
* The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may lead you to imagine that you are
tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Please feel free to share this important information with as many people as
you feel may benefit.

Now just imagine what you could achieve with a good Shiraz..............

• Like 1

On 29/01/2017 at 7:21 PM, Shahanga said:

wasted a fair bit of time thinking about this.

Was a great era for Aussie music.  The big three I guess were Cold Chisel, Midnight Oil and INXS (that's my order of preference) but a lot of others bands who's music i really enjoyed.  You didn't mention "Chisel" but I presume you are all over them.  I probably listened to a more commercial spectrum than say @NewConvert but here's a few for you to check out quickly, apologies if you're all over them - most are pretty obvious.  This list is not exhaustive, listen to a few should help you figure out what else you might like:

in kind of decreasing heaviness of rock:

• Angels, The Radiators (lyrics are probably right up your street to be honest), Choir Boys
  • Dragon, Mental as Anything, Gangajang, icehouse, Weddings Parties Anything
  • Eurogliders, Paul Kelly & the coloured girls (or & the messengers), Black Sorrows
  • Lefties: Redgum, Goanna
  • More fringe: Saints, Strange Tenants, The Stems, Go Betweens

any room for a bit of TISM in there?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

Very true.

Has always made me wondered if they deserves a green line or equivalent for actually calling out James Hird as a wanker (before it was popular) back in the 90s. Talk about calling it the way it is!!!

I thought of TISM "Pleas allow me to introduce myself/ I am a man of wealth and taste/ but just like that first line, all my ideas come from another place" and I immediately thought of Malcolm Turnbull. Now I am going to look for my "you are never more than six metres from a dickhead" t shirt.

36 minutes ago, Jovan said:

TTDIM : Taking my 7 year old to his first training session and him sleeping in his kit and boots the night before. Just the memories of my own junior years when you genuinely believed you were the best player in the world.😀

Took my son to get his first pair of boots last week, wore them around all night. Was so excited. Took him to training and he was more interested in running under the sprinklers and climbing on the big pile of sand for overdressing.

• Like 2