Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

The only half decent kebab shop near my work (CBD Kebabs) is for some reason the home of HSP, so now its literally impossible to order a kebab at lunch and not be back to my desk within 30 minutes. Even the second rate kebabs at Queens Kebabs I end up waiting 20 minutes. 

So I have to agree with Pauline on this one. 

• Like 1

The funniest thing about HSP is that really it's an Anglo AF invention, and it seems 80% of the people obsessed with it are Anglo, but of course the name and the use of kebab meat (somewhat incorrectly) suggests otherwise.

But that's also the beauty of it and why I proclaim it as the national dish of Australia, since such an invention could only be realised courtesy of Australia's multiculturalism.

2 hours ago, hedaik said:

The only half decent kebab shop near my work (CBD Kebabs) is for some reason the home of HSP, so now its literally impossible to order a kebab at lunch and not be back to my desk within 30 minutes. Even the second rate kebabs at Queens Kebabs I end up waiting 20 minutes. 

So I have to agree with Pauline on this one. 

Pretty sure Viva Kebabs (right next to CBD Kebabs) is the real home of the HSP. But once I finished one from there, I couldn't walk.

Well, the wait for most are usually 15-20 mins.

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

Just waiting for someone to offer a HSP made with Chicken Shish, would probably cost $20 but will be worth it.

Would you drive to Ballarat and back for such a dish on a cold Wednesday night?

Edited by cadete

22 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTDIM: Last day at work before heading to Europe...

Then my boss comes up to me at 11am says he won't be in until Monday morning due to out of office meetings... so yeah I am def not touching a piece of work for the rest of day. :up:

If I see less than 10 Cadete posts between now and 5pm today I will be disappointed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cadete said:

TTDIM: Last day at work before heading to Europe...

Then my boss comes up to me at 11am says he won't be in until Monday morning due to out of office meetings... so yeah I am def not touching a piece of work for the rest of day. :up:

Watch out for marauding trucks.

• Like 1

TTDIM: The lols I get from people bragging about how big their tax return is like it's some sort of achievement or their balling.

Nice interest free loan you've given to the government there champ :up:

TTIM: How inefficient, bloated and bureaucratic our whole tax system is.

• Like 1

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

TBH all Spotify playlists are good. Most Sunday's I'll do a 10-15km run (I'm old and boring shit excites me now) anyway i always listen to a different decades mix, had 90s this Sunday was on point

I'm a bit late getting on this stuff, but still not convinced by Spotify. Yeah it's good for finding some newish popular music, as well as finding good old school stuff, but it does seem to be missing a lot of music at the same time. It seems to just be albums and singles, whereas, in hip hop at least I dont know about other genres, it's pretty common for artists to just release random tracks that arent official singles or release free mixtapes etc and that stuff doesn't seem to be on spotify.

Also since Kanye started this new trend of releasing new albums exclusively on a certain streaming provider first, which other artists now seem to be following, it's gonna shit me when an album I want to listen to is out but no on spotify yet.

Still not sure if I should just go back to maintaining (and syncing to phone) my own music collection.

11 hours ago, Tesla said:

I'm a bit late getting on this stuff, but still not convinced by Spotify. Yeah it's good for finding some newish popular music, as well as finding good old school stuff, but it does seem to be missing a lot of music at the same time. It seems to just be albums and singles, whereas, in hip hop at least I dont know about other genres, it's pretty common for artists to just release random tracks that arent official singles or release free mixtapes etc and that stuff doesn't seem to be on spotify.

Also since Kanye started this new trend of releasing new albums exclusively on a certain streaming provider first, which other artists now seem to be following, it's gonna shit me when an album I want to listen to is out but no on spotify yet.

Still not sure if I should just go back to maintaining (and syncing to phone) my own music collection.

I guess for me I mostly listen to local punk and indie stuff so it's a good platform for those type of artists to get their albums out.

Ad hoc releases are far less common so it's not really an issue I've noticed with Spotify. 

I'm a real "listen to the album as a whole" wanker so I like it because of its completeness

• Like 2

TTDIM: Parents with prams parking spots and that there are actually people who respect this restriction. I end up getting a better parking spot than disabled people because of this at my local shopping centre almost always, literally right next to the door.

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Wouldn't have a clue what he says without the lyrics @Tesla

I can honestly understand 80% of what he says.

I didn't realise until the other day, I have a mad party trick here just translating, apparently people can't even understand Rhianna etc when I have no issue.

Obviously this guy is another level from anyone else though.

Edited by Tesla

10 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I can honestly understand 80% of what he says.

I didn't realise until the other day, I have a mad party trick here just translating, apparently people can't even understand Rhianna etc when I have no issue.

Obviously this guy is another level from anyone else though.

Look I could probably understand half of it but without the lyrics none of the rest. 

Had my car up for sale for about two months with no bites. Three days ago I get a message from somebody offering me a grand less than what I had it up for. I accepted because I just wanted to get rid of it and he said he would come out to have a look at it. He comes out and decides its not what he's looking for so doesn't buy it. About an hour later I get a call from another bloke who wants to come and look at it. He comes out and pays full price for it straight away.

TTDIM: Dodging a bullet

TTDIM: Selling your car for more than its worth

Edited by GreenSeater
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Had my car up for sale for about two months with no bites. Three days ago I get a message from somebody offering me a grand less than what I had it up for. I accepted because I just wanted to get rid of it and he said he would come out to have a look at it. He comes out and decides its not what he's looking for so doesn't but it. About an hour later I get a call from another bloke who wants to come and look at it. He comes out and pays full price for it straight away.

TTDIM: Dodging a bullet

TTDIM: Selling your car for more than its worth

Similar thing happened to me when selling my phone not that long ago, was giving some guy a pretty good price to just get it sold, he fucks me about for a while and in the end doesn't come get it, and next thing I know some guy willing to come get it right away and pay more comes along :up:

But that's how it works on Gumtree, 95% cheap cunts trying to lowball you, scammers, and time wasters. 5% serious buyers.

Not sure where you sold your car, but that probably applies to any site when it comes to selling cars, can imagine it's all just fucking time wasters, makes me really cbf trying to sell my car.